Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 08:35 PM

1,744 posts, read 7,260,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I agree 100%, DavidT

I personally have called and called and called so many times I often wonder if they even care but I'm not giving up.

Thanks for the great post!

I agree about 90%, being as I'm not completely sure about #4, requiring police to turn over immigrants. I think that illegals shouldn't fear calling the police for matters. As much as I don't want them here, it shouldn't be open season to commit crimes on them without fear of legal reprocussion, granted I assume most of the time it's other illegals committing crimes against each other.

If an illegal gets arrested I think they should be deported, but I think that everyone within our borders should be entitled to police protection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 08:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post
I agree about 90%, being as I'm not completely sure about #4, requiring police to turn over immigrants. I think that illegals shouldn't fear calling the police for matters. As much as I don't want them here, it shouldn't be open season to commit crimes on them without fear of legal reprocussion, granted I assume most of the time it's other illegals committing crimes against each other.

If an illegal gets arrested I think they should be deported, but I think that everyone within our borders should be entitled to police protection.
I disagree; but, I can see your point about keeping 'lines of communication' open between the above and the police.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:11 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
The Big Boys in DC on both sides of the aisle are too busy getting the NAU into full force. More goodies for them, as the elite; less goodies for the disappearing middle class, who will join the ranks of the poor and third worlders allowed to continue invading. Sadly, looks like the future for a once great nation.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:03 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
The Big Boys in DC on both sides of the aisle are too busy getting the NAU into full force. More goodies for them, as the elite; less goodies for the disappearing middle class, who will join the ranks of the poor and third worlders allowed to continue invading. Sadly, looks like the future for a once great nation.

I couldn't agree more. Politicians in Washington stopped representing the average US citizen years ago.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:22 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
I couldn't agree more. Politicians in Washington stopped representing the average US citizen years ago.
All I can say is, I'm glad I'm pushing 60, so I won't have to live a whole lot longer with this crappy world that the elites are making. I feel bad for those who are young, basically turning into serfs for the feudal lords.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:06 AM

2 posts, read 2,726 times
I agree 100%.why is our government fighting to get people back to work, get money circulating back into our country,and letting our so called american companies continue hiring these immigrants. Don't they see the big picture!!!!!

Old 02-26-2009, 09:31 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Yes, I do want to stop it....I'm sick and tired of the bitter ethnic bickering and the racism infecting what should be a cut-and-dried issue. Sick of the lawbreaking by 'good' people, and hearing that those who object to the lawbreaking are 'bad' people.

Want to supply workers for undesirable jobs? Want to help poor Mexicans? Fine...sounds like a plan. A few decades ago, we did this. We called it the "bracero" program. BOTH governments approved. Employers unable to fill 'slots' locally, could legally solicit help in Mexico. Mexicans seeking income could sign up, legally travel to the states, work, and be paid.

At the end of the season, the worker went home..(hopefully richer). Should employer/employee "like" each other, the process could be repeated.

Result? Work got done....foreign workers got paid...and then they went home with 'money in their pockets'. It was a business relationship. No sense of 'entitlement', nobody's feelings hurt because they thought they had a "right" to live here, nobody demanding amnesty.

Not a great deal different than the Alaska pipeline project. Tens of thousands of workers showed up...not because they wanted to 'be Alaskans' or to live in the arctic...but to make BIG money. They did so, and then the vast majority went home. It was a business decision, not an 'emotional issue'.

Mexico is a poor country, not as affluent as the US? Oh, really? When did THAT happen?

Seriously, MOST countries are not as affluent as the US...some make Mexico look like Luxembourg. Yet their citizens don't have a 'right' to come here illegally, and to DEMAND residency and amnesty.

I'd like to see illegal immigration ended, and foreign labor, when it was legitimately called for, brought in on a controlled program. What we have now is an ethnic melt-down in the making, and potentially a tragedy of historic proportions. The resulting discord over any 20-million strong "Amnesty", whichever way it goes, will haunt us down through the coming decades, and cause an even sharper ethnic division than we already have now. It will also prepare the way for FUTURE amnesties, on into the future.

Today's 'illegal' conflict is becoming increasingly shrill and irrational. It's 80% nothing more than a racial 'shouting match'. Disgusting. Childish. Sad.....and potentially tragic. It has little to do with the 'needs' of business, and everything to do with bickering ethnicities and cultural conflict. And that's a shame.

What happens to a country where "good" people disagree with other "good" people, and neither side will give in, because neither side is "wrong". Ever hear of Yugoslavia? Palestine? Ireland? The Soviet Union? All these places were full of GOOD people, who ended up destroying much of their own society, because they couldn't get along with OTHER good people....

Last edited by macmeal; 02-26-2009 at 09:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration