U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 07:46 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,328,749 times

Advertisements

Under U.S. law, written or assumed, we the people are responsible, submissive and in subjection to the government of The United States.
It is mandated that we give tribute (taxes) to Caesar (IRS) but, should we be remiss, are subject to penalization or punishment. We are all,
fairly clear about our responsibilities to government and we are also aware that in turn, the government has a responsibility to us, that it is
a two way street. How can we teach our children to stand up for what is right, unless we first learn to stand up for what is right ?

As a citizen of America, I consider her to be my heart. Like a virus or bacteria might invade the various regions of the heart and might cause
congestion to perhaps a fatal point, this problem has finally festered and now it is time for painful surgery. when the smoke dies down and the
eyes clear, it wouldn't surprise me at all, if this event doesn't ultimately rival the Kent State of my, long passed, day. Much remains to be seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 07:57 PM

5,361 posts, read 7,050,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Arpaio is a politician and a publicity junky. He is not a law enforcement officer. Elsewhere in Arizona there are officers doing a better job with less fanfare.
Joe Arpaio is 78 years old. He has had a long career which includes serving in the Army, being a police officer in Washington D.C. and Las Vegas, being a special agent with the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (which then became the DEA - Drug Enforcement Agency) for 25 years and served part of that time in both Turkey and Mexico, and holding the office of Maricopa County Sheriff since 1992. He doesn't deserve some dimwitted comment from someone who doesn't take the time to know any better.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:13 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Joe Arpaio is 78 years old. He has had a long career which includes serving in the Army, being a police officer in Washington D.C. and Las Vegas, being a special agent with the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (which then became the DEA - Drug Enforcement Agency) for 25 years and served part of that time in both Turkey and Mexico, and holding the office of Maricopa County Sheriff since 1992. He doesn't deserve some dimwitted comment from someone who doesn't take the time to know any better.

Thank you too, I'm so tired of hearing about how this committed American is so bad from knuckleheads that have zero clue of his past commitments.

I'm really sorry that so many have relatives that made bad choices. The choice to come here illegally is stupid squared. Deal with the consequences people, the same as a bank robber has to.

We didn't make your crappy Nation, quit trying to change ours.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:14 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Thank you too, I'm so tired of hearing about how this committed American is so bad from knuckleheads that have zero clue of his past commitments.

I'm really sorry that so many have relatives that made bad choices. The choice to come here illegally is stupid squared. Deal with the consequences people, the same as a bank robber has to.

We didn't make your crappy Nation, quit trying to change ours. If you have anger, how about directing it towards your Govt or Parents that placed you in the mess? Joe Blow Tax Payer doesn't deserve your scorn or parasitic behavior.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:01 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,328,749 times
Joe Arpaio is one of the last bastions of American justice. He's been given a job and he's been good at doing that job. If we expect our legislators to do their jobs,
why not expect the same from sheriff Joe? Why do you see him as "Boss Hogg", don't you see that he has been sworn to uphold the law of the land? Yes, he may
seek the limelight but wouldn't you agree that in a day when the likes of Ozzy Osbourn and Nicole Polizzi (Jersey shores) can garner a market share of recognition,
that Joe might be able to cash in on this phenomenon too?

I'll accede or yield to the poster who has the "dirt" on Joe, I haven't followed him as well as I could have but in my troubled gut, he's more of a John Wayne than a
Jackie Gleason and his platform is not the way that it was portrayed in Smokey and the Bandit. Yes, his approach to governing prisoners may seem a tad radical but
better be those prisoners, standing at muster by their tents in those pink shorts, than back out on the street, having enjoyed another free ride, thru the ever-revolving
door of justice that we see, here and now. in 2010.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:27 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,492,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Where I live in AZ, our sheriff does not feel the need to engage in constant publicity seeking. It gives him more time to actually do law enforcement
Well we know it's not Maricopa County

The fifth largest city in the United States a direct path
from the border to the rest of the United States to ship
drugs, humans and who knows what else ! I believe that
if not for Sheriff Joe your Sheriff might be a bit more
in the public eye be careful what you wish for

To make such a statement like the one above just shows how much influence the media has on some people

I really hate to think of the day when Sheriff Joe retires
as I don't see anyone on deck with his international experience of law enforcement and in today's world
that's a plus especially with the governments open
border policy.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:51 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,383,008 times
I have to wonder if the pro illegal crowd isn't trying to make the border issue completely about politics because they know there are people from both sides of the aisle that are worried about our open border policy. If they can make it a DEM/REPUB issue they can divide and concer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration