U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 09:34 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
From a political point of view the only ones that are pro illegals are the ultra far left green party tree hugging hippy types and the core republicans. The hispanics and others you see at these protests are starting to pull an NAACP with the race card. It's a simple, blanket statement answer to get it's point across and rile people up. Anything anti-amnesty, instead of an intelligent answer or debate, they say you are a racist.
True - and this issue proves how little logic they have and how very little they care about the environment or protection of natural habitats.

It makes no sense to bring in hundreds of millions of people and encourage them to reproduce - but that's exactly what many liberals promote.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:36 PM

6,453 posts, read 7,553,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Some of the liberal left seems to believe that the solution to all the world's poverty - the over 2 billion poor throughout the world is for us to bring them all to the USA and have the taxpayers provide the programs to keep them all fed and happy. They don't believe that opportunity should be made in other countries for the people of those countries - just bring them to the USA - and all poverty and problems are solved.
I know what most liberals want. The point of me posting this thread, though, is to try to gain an understanding of why those opposed to having illegals manipulate our system and live here illegally are constantly referred to as racist, xenophobic, or just plain right-wing nut jobs.

I also posted this thread in the politics forum instead of the illegal forum, as I felt that it would get more liberal exposure.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
you really know someone who thinks like this?
See post 12. As long as it's poor and rapidly reproducing illegals - all is fine, there should be no limitations on them. Don't dare try to suggest that people come here legally or show any kind of responsibility such as limiting family size to what they can afford.

The reason so many Mexicans come is that they start giving birth at very young ages and tend to have very large families that they can't support. If they completed their educations, obtained job skills, delayed the start of a family until that and limited family size, they wouldn't have to leave home, they'd be middle class in Mexico.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I believe the answer to your question lies in the first sentence I quoted above. Most of the time it's not about illegals in general, but about Mexican illegals. I don't hear people screaming about how to protect our country from all the other nationalities of people who are here illegally, also by the millions.

The only distinction between all illegals and the ones you want to build a physical fence to keep out, is, in fact, race/nationality. When you start protesting about keeping out illegal Asians, for example, I'll believe you aren't racists (in general, not necessarily you personally).
And I'll believe you aren't a racist when you insist all Haitians, all Somalians, all Kenyans, all Ethiopians have an unlimited right to come here and demand their rights and are not obligated in any way to abide by any immigration las or limits like you insist the Mexicans have.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:40 PM

24,889 posts, read 20,307,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Thank you. I know that not all lib's resort to this tactic.

If that is their true worry, race not need be entered into the conversation. I believe that if the Fed secured our borders efficiently, states like AZ would not have to come up with bills like SB1070.
What race is really targeted by this bill. I know there is no specific race mentioned, but its aimed at the Hispanic immigration problem, lets be honest.

But I don't call anyone racist over it, most people I know don't call it a racist bill. Most people are concerned about the stopping of American citizens, simply because a police officer might "think" they are illegal.

Police "thinking" scares the crap out of me, because I know to many people who think screwed up stuff.

Any Republican who thinks that Democrats are crazy (probably 30% of the total population)

Old 07-30-2010, 09:45 PM

6,453 posts, read 7,553,239 times
Quote:
I believe the answer to your question lies in the first sentence I quoted above. Most of the time it's not about illegals in general, but about Mexican illegals. I don't hear people screaming about how to protect our country from all the other nationalities of people who are here illegally, also by the millions.

The only distinction between all illegals and the ones you want to build a physical fence to keep out, is, in fact, race/nationality. When you start protesting about keeping out illegal Asians, for example, I'll believe you aren't racists (in general, not necessarily you personally).
They are all in violation of the law, regardless of race. The reason why the screaming match is so loud against the mexicans and not the asians, is because when asians come over, they do it quietly. They don't replace the American flag with the Chinese flag, nor do they hold protest rallies against the U.S. They blend in quietly. But that does not make it right.

The illegals coming from Mexico are a major issue. Your attempt at spin is decent, but asian illegals are not a problem that is at the forefront of Americas issues. That is why you don't "hear" about them.

And by the way, last time I checked, a racist and a xenophobe hate all nationalities that are different than them. Not just mexicans.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
What race is really targeted by this bill. I know there is no specific race mentioned, but its aimed at the Hispanic immigration problem, lets be honest.

But I don't call anyone racist over it, most people I know don't call it a racist bill. Most people are concerned about the stopping of American citizens, simply because a police officer might "think" they are illegal.

Police "thinking" scares the crap out of me, because I know to many people who think screwed up stuff.

Any Republican who thinks that Democrats are crazy (probably 30% of the total population)
Can you show us where in the Arizona law that it says that illegals from nations other than Mexico will be allowed to stay?

Old 07-30-2010, 09:49 PM

7,308 posts, read 6,903,911 times
Quote:

And I'll believe you aren't a racist when you insist all Haitians, all Somalians, all Kenyans, all Ethiopians have an unlimited right to come here and demand their rights and are not obligated in any way to abide by any immigration las or limits like you insist the Mexicans have.
Where the hell have I ever insisted that?

As someone who had to go through the process of getting my husband into this country legally, completing all the paperwork and paying all the fees, I'm as against illegal immigration as anyone. But I don't limit my point of view to only those who enter from south of our border like many who post here do.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Where the hell have I ever insisted that?

As someone who had to go through the process of getting my husband into this country legally, completing all the paperwork and paying all the fees, I'm as against illegal immigration as anyone. But I don't limit my point of view to only those who enter from south of our border like many who post here do.
I'd like to see you show us even *one* post from someone who says that it's okay for anyone who isn't from Mexico to come here illegally and that immigration law enforcement should apply only to Mexicans. I've never seen anyone suggest that - and you are the one who brought up Mexicans for some reason, no one else did.

Most of the open borders crowd are racist in that most of them don't demand the entire world, (all of Africa and all of Asia) can move in in unlimited numbers but the open borders crowd wants no restrictions at all as far as people from Mexico. They insist there is some racial right for Mexicans to ignore immigration and other laws.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:53 PM

24,889 posts, read 20,307,565 times
Quote:
Can you show us where in the Arizona law that it says that illegals from nations other than Mexico will be allowed to stay?
It doesn't, but lets be logical, we know what this was aimed at.

Sure, Arizona has a illegal immigrants from other countries and races.

However, their large immigration problem is from Mexico, who are hispanic.
I understand what you're saying, but lets be real about this. We know who the legislation is aimed at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or