U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:21 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
You must -- simply must -- be pulling out collective legs here, right? Right?

I mean, the very first sentence of your OP is, "How does wanting criminals (illegal aliens) dealt with properly make one a racist, biggot, or xenophobe?", and you accuse me of being the one "dragging race into this issue"?

Although my race is none of your damn business, it wouldn't be very hard to determine it, and is completely irrelevant to your question or my answer.
"Mexican" isn't a race in the first place. You have such a racist mindset that you believe if someone asks you your citizenship - such as Mexican - that they are asking you your race.

Mexicans can be of any race and any racial mix.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:27 PM

7,308 posts, read 6,903,911 times
Right, I'm the one with the racist mind. Me, who lived in Mexico for a year and a half. Me, who has built several homes for poor Mexicans to help make it possible for them to stay in their home country. Yeah, I'm the racist, not the ones who are singling out Mexicans for their racist/xenophobic hate; complaining about their flags, their customs, their language, wanting to build physical barriers between our countries, yet completely ignoring the enormous Asian gang problem or any other nationality of people who come (or stay) here illegally. Yeah, I'm the racist. Give me a break.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:30 PM

6,455 posts, read 7,553,239 times
Quote:
You must -- simply must -- be pulling out collective legs here, right? Right?

I mean, the very first sentence of your OP is, "How does wanting criminals (illegal aliens) dealt with properly make one a racist, biggot, or xenophobe?", and you accuse me of being the one "dragging race into this issue"?

Although my race is none of your damn business, it wouldn't be very hard to determine it, and is completely irrelevant to your question or my answer.
The reason I asked is that you seem to have issues differentiating between those that are here illegally and those that are not. How does my question drag race into the issue? I simply asked why someone would be referred to as a racist for wanting criminals dealt with properly. You seem very hostile and angry.

You're right. It truly is none of my business what your race is. It was a rhetorical question. I could care less if you were a transsexual nazi eskimo.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:32 PM

12,256 posts, read 15,789,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
See post 12. As long as it's poor and rapidly reproducing illegals - all is fine, there should be no limitations on them. Don't dare try to suggest that people come here legally or show any kind of responsibility such as limiting family size to what they can afford.
That's not what I got out of that post at all

Old 07-30-2010, 10:33 PM

Well it was kind of you to build them homes - but really it's kind of patronizing to think Americans have to do everything for them. Why don't they build some homes themselves so they can stay in Mexico? There's really no reason they can't learn to construct homes.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:39 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Well it was kind of you to build them homes - but really it's kind of patronizing to think Americans have to do everything for them. Why don't they build some homes themselves so they can stay in Mexico? There's really no reason they can't learn to construct homes.
They certainly don't seem to have a problem learning the trades and lowballing jobs away from legal citizens.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
That's not what I got out of that post at all
Well as that poster was the one who jumped on the "Mexican" bandwagon, when no one had brought Mexicans up but were discussing illegal immigration and not race or ethnicity - you could get that out of that post.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:44 PM

12,256 posts, read 15,789,306 times
Quote:
Well as that poster was the one who jumped on the "Mexican" bandwagon, when no one had brought Mexicans up but were discussing illegal immigration and not race or ethnicity - you could get that out of that post.
understood

Old 07-31-2010, 12:02 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,492,870 times
Quote:
Right, I'm the one with the racist mind. Me, who lived in Mexico for a year and a half. Me, who has built several homes for poor Mexicans to help make it possible for them to stay in their home country. Yeah, I'm the racist, not the ones who are singling out Mexicans for their racist/xenophobic hate; complaining about their flags, their customs, their language, wanting to build physical barriers between our countries, yet completely ignoring the enormous Asian gang problem or any other nationality of people who come (or stay) here illegally. Yeah, I'm the racist. Give me a break.
Not to be mean, I just really dont understand people that go help other countries poor, hungry & homeless, when we have so many here that could use help also. It reminds me of Oprah building "her" school, and saying kids here dont appreciate anything...but 20/20 or Dateline did a special on young children taking care of a sick & disabled parent alone. It broke my heart seeing a boy around 8 or 9 yrs old, going to school after he fed his mom, then coming home to clean their small home & continue takeing care of her. He was stressed all day in school, worried that when he got home he'd find his mom dead. There are many in this childs situation. Now that is a cause we should be taking on! Everytime I hear of our Goverment or some group here, helping another country, I picture a starving or homeless American child wondering why no one is helping them...

The children living in the Appalachians are a prime example, they & their familes need our help. Why are we only worried about other countries poor? Again, not being mean about what you did, just not getting it..

Old 07-31-2010, 11:12 AM

7,308 posts, read 6,903,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Not to be mean, I just really dont understand people that go help other countries poor, hungry & homeless, when we have so many here that could use help also. It reminds me of Oprah building "her" school, and saying kids here dont appreciate anything...but 20/20 or Dateline did a special on young children taking care of a sick & disabled parent alone. It broke my heart seeing a boy around 8 or 9 yrs old, going to school after he fed his mom, then coming home to clean their small home & continue takeing care of her. He was stressed all day in school, worried that when he got home he'd find his mom dead. There are many in this childs situation. Now that is a cause we should be taking on! Everytime I hear of our Goverment or some group here, helping another country, I picture a starving or homeless American child wondering why no one is helping them...

The children living in the Appalachians are a prime example, they & their familes need our help. Why are we only worried about other countries poor? Again, not being mean about what you did, just not getting it..
Right, because one cannot do one and the other, both. Not that I owe you any explanation, but I build homes for both Corazón (http://www.corazon.org/HTMLPages/ConstructionProjects.asp - broken link) in Mexico and Habitat for Humanity here in the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or