Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 09:58 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
It doesn't, but lets be logical, we know what this was aimed at.

Sure, Arizona has a illegal immigrants from other countries and races.

However, their large immigration problem is from Mexico, who are hispanic.
I understand what you're saying, but lets be real about this. We know who the legislation is aimed at.
I suppose if there are 2 illegals from Ireland, 2 from Poland, 3 from Haiti and 4 from China in Arizona, there wouldn't be many people wanting some kind of law. Illegals might not be seen as much a problem if there were only a handful - no matter where they were from.

Yes it's the very vast numbers that are creating big problems. Not just the very large numbers but that illegals continue to pour over the border by the millions.

And the same very high birth rates that made their own country a mess are obviously a problem to many Americans who limit family size to what they can support.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:58 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

They are all in violation of the law, regardless of race. The reason why the screaming match is so loud against the mexicans and not the asians, is because when asians come over, they do it quietly. They don't replace the American flag with the Chinese flag, nor do they hold protest rallies against the U.S. They blend in quietly. But that does not make it right.

The illegals coming from Mexico are a major issue. Your attempt at spin is decent, but asian illegals are not a problem that is at the forefront of Americas issues. That is why you don't "hear" about them.

And by the way, last time I checked, a racist and a xenophobe hate all nationalities that are different than them. Not just mexicans.
Oh, I see, it's about the volume. Give me a freaking break.

You are flat out wrong about Asian illegals not being a problem here. Just dead wrong.

Asian Street Gangs and Organized Crime in Focus
“Asian gangs, with close links to sophisticated criminal organizations like the 14K Triad, the largest triad on the Chinese mainland, are involved in money laundering, illegal gambling, counterfeiting, the theft of computer software, and the smuggling of illegal aliens into this country.”
Indians fastest-growing illegal immigrant group in US-Visa Power-Travel-Services-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/News-By-Industry/Indians-fastest-growing-illegal-immigrant-group-in-US/articleshow/4880276.cms - broken link)
"WASHINGTON: Indians in the US are not only the fastest growing Asian community, but also have the dubious distinction of being fastest-growing group of illegal immigrants in the country.

According to the American Community Survey of the US Census Bureau, the Asian Indian population in the US grew from almost 1,679,000 in 2000 to 2,570,000 in 2007."

But go right on complaining about Mexicans and we'll go right on calling you out as racists.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:00 PM

11,248 posts, read 11,020,697 times
Quote:
What race is really targeted by this bill. I know there is no specific race mentioned, but its aimed at the Hispanic immigration problem, lets be honest.
If they just took the legal road we could all avoid this problem. I just watched a good friend and his wife obtain their U.S. citizenship. He is Cuban and her Mexican. They did everything the way they are supposed to. They own a home, have stable, decent paying jobs, and no children. They didn't seem to have a problem getting it done the RIGHT way.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:06 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
It doesn't, but lets be logical, we know what this was aimed at.

Sure, Arizona has a illegal immigrants from other countries and races.

However, their large immigration problem is from Mexico, who are Hispanic.
I understand what you're saying, but lets be real about this. We know who the legislation is aimed at.
Well lets be logical about this. If 99% of the illegals in AZ are in fact Hispanics from south of the border where should the focus be?
Lets be even more logical about this. Who is providing the support net work for said illegals? The Irish?
Further more the law does not allow for simply stopping someone based on a gut feeling.
It can only be applied if said person is stopped or arrested for a separate crime.
No harm no foul as far as I am concerned. Every time that I have been pulled over I have had to give the cop my ID. I accept this as having the privilege to drive.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:08 PM

11,248 posts, read 11,020,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
But go right on complaining about Mexicans and we'll go right on calling you out as racists.
Since you seem so content dragging race into this issue, I find it only fair to ask. Are you mexican?

Because the last time I checked, this thread was about illegal aliens and racist mudslinging. Not about the Mexican people as a whole.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

I'd like to see you show us even *one* post from someone who says that it's okay for anyone who isn't from Mexico to come here illegally and that immigration law enforcement should apply only to Mexicans. I've never seen anyone suggest that - and you are the one who brought up Mexicans for some reason, no one else did.

Most of the open borders crowd are racist in that most of them don't demand the entire world, (all of Africa and all of Asia) can move in in unlimited numbers but the open borders crowd wants no restrictions at all as far as people from Mexico. They insist there is some racial right for Mexicans to ignore immigration and other laws.
I'd like to see you show us even *one* thread whining, complaining or b****ing about any other group of illegal aliens besides Mexicans. Any.

Let me save you the search -- there aren't any. It's all garbage like this:

Mexicans Have Plans : They vow to take it over
Mexican Officials to Patrol Staten Island
Mexican Drug Cartel Offers $1M Price for Arpaio
Welcome to North Mexico

And then show us *one* thread where anyone insists that Mexicans have some "racial right" to be here illegally.

I won't hold my breath.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:10 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
If they just took the legal road we could all avoid this problem. I just watched a good friend and his wife obtain their U.S. citizenship. He is Cuban and her Mexican. They did everything the way they are supposed to. They own a home, have stable, decent paying jobs, and no children. They didn't seem to have a problem getting it done the RIGHT way.
It costs considerable money, time, and effort to do that.

These guys just like walking across the border. Really, whats the worst thats going to happen? They'll send you home.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:12 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well lets be logical about this. If 99% of the illegals in AZ are in fact Hispanics from south of the border where should the focus be?
Lets be even more logical about this. Who is providing the support net work for said illegals? The Irish?
Further more the law does not allow for simply stopping someone based on a gut feeling.
It can only be applied if said person is stopped or arrested for a separate crime.
No harm no foul as far as I am concerned. Every time that I have been pulled over I have had to give the cop my ID. I accept this as having the privilege to drive.
I understand that, but the idea that police can just "think" you are illegal they can check you, scares the holy crap out of me.

I mean, I live in Florida, I'm nice and tan. Maybe they could stop me, for "thinking" I'm illegal. Then I might get caught violating some other stupid law, like marijuana possession, or public intoxication.

I understand what it says now, with the added portion, but sometimes added portions are not used. There is also the constitutional question if the Arizona law enforcement has the power to do that.

Like I said, I see both sides, and they both have legitimate questions. Lets not call those against the law "liberals" or "pro illegals" there are real questions about it. I'd rather the judicial system take a nice hard look at this, and if its determined good, great, lets keep it. If its determined its unconstitutional, lets put it up for a constitutional amendment, or change the law to work within the system.

Thats all I'm saying. Let the system work. No ones a racist just because they don't want illegals over here, and no one is an apologist just because they don't like this law.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:

Since you seem so content dragging race into this issue, I find it only fair to ask. Are you mexican?

Because the last time I checked, this thread was about illegal aliens and racist mudslinging. Not about the Mexican people as a whole.
You must -- simply must -- be pulling out collective legs here, right? Right?

I mean, the very first sentence of your OP is, "How does wanting criminals (illegal aliens) dealt with properly make one a racist, biggot, or xenophobe?", and you accuse me of being the one "dragging race into this issue"?

Although my race is none of your damn business, it wouldn't be very hard to determine it, and is completely irrelevant to your question or my answer.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I'd like to see you show us even *one* thread whining, complaining or b****ing about any other group of illegal aliens besides Mexicans. Any.

Let me save you the search -- there aren't any. It's all garbage like this:

Mexicans Have Plans : They vow to take it over
Mexican Officials to Patrol Staten Island
Mexican Drug Cartel Offers $1M Price for Arpaio
Welcome to North Mexico

And then show us *one* thread where anyone insists that Mexicans have some "racial right" to be here illegally.

I won't hold my breath.
Well - so far it's not the French government or the Haitian government or any other government that insists it has a right to patrol Staten Island or insists it has veto power over American state's laws and it's not the government backed cartels of other countries that are controlling the borders in this country.

Yes - Mexico is obviously a problem as far as illegal immigration in part because it's government has taken a very active role in our immigration laws and actively promotes it's people to break US laws, even calls them heros and of course there's big money for that government in the drug trafficking.

Last edited by malamute; 07-30-2010 at 10:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration