U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 04:26 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,030,761 times

Advertisements

We won the land fro Mexico just as we did from Engkland. No different. Its the federal governamnt who cliams responsibilty for stoppig ilegal immagratio but have done nothing really to stop it. Look at what the 80's bill was ;a amnesty then securing the borders. Nothing was funded in securing the borders but amnesty was done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 07:51 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbugster View Post
Do you have children?? Have you ever seen the way most people live in Mexico? .
Yes, I've made a lot of visits to Mexico.....and the way most people live there beats the HELL out of the way they live in Haiti...or in Pakistan....or in Chad, or Nigeria.

Every one of us has 'wants'. You just don't often tell people it's OK to steal, though...if it was, there'd be a WHOLE lot of illegality going on. Wanting something is no excuse for breaking a country's laws....unfair as that may seem to you.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:33 PM

60,150 posts, read 30,614,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
We won the land fro Mexico just as we did from Engkland. No different. Its the federal governamnt who cliams responsibilty for stoppig ilegal immagratio but have done nothing really to stop it. Look at what the 80's bill was ;a amnesty then securing the borders. Nothing was funded in securing the borders but amnesty was done.

That's right, The Battle of San Jacinto.

My ancestors didn't lose their lives for nothing.
Come and Take it!
I own property in Cost: Texas, where the Texas Revolution began, just outside Gonzales.

It is the Federal Governments responsibility to secure our borders and provide security to the USA citizens, above all else.

The Federal government has their noses in so many places they don't belong, that all resources to secure our borders is wasted on bureaucracy and entitlements.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:03 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
We paid 28 million for that land.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbugster:
Do you have children?? Have you ever seen the way most people live in Mexico? If you had hungry children and you knew jobs were North, would you be thinking,"Hmm, I really need a job to feed and cloth my crying children, but it would be criminal to cross illegally into the US. Yes, I guess I'll do the right thing and let my children suffer." I don't have children of my own, but I am very close to my little niece, and if she desperately needed something, I'd beg, steal, prostitute my old bones, cross the border into Canada, do about anything to get it for her. These arguments about the Hispanic, or any other illegal immigrant, not breaking the law are really academic and not very realistic.
Your just using excuses, which are not even relevant to the issue at hand.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:38 PM

43 posts, read 19,899 times
From what I've read and heard, many years ago the US used to have a very light policy when it came to border crossing. US citizens would cross the border and go to cantinas and clubs down in Mexico and Mexican peasants and crop growers would come to the US to cultivate the fields. I don't know when exactly the turning point was where maybe too many people from Mexico established themselves illegally in the US. To me, the solution would be to have a program that would allow Mexican growers to come work our fields, but have them go back to their country with the earnings they make. Both countries would benefit from this. Then, if immigrants from Mexico or any other country wanted to settle here, then they should be required to learn English and make a direct contribution to our country. I don't understand when (what year) exactly immigration became out of control. I keep hearing that during the 60s and 70s any foreigner could enroll at an institution of higher learning and get an automatic student visa, which allowed them to come to the US and then apply for permanent residency.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:18 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catessa View Post
From what I've read and heard, many years ago the US used to have a very light policy when it came to border crossing. US citizens would cross the border and go to cantinas and clubs down in Mexico and Mexican peasants and crop growers would come to the US to cultivate the fields. I don't know when exactly the turning point was where maybe too many people from Mexico established themselves illegally in the US. To me, the solution would be to have a program that would allow Mexican growers to come work our fields, but have them go back to their country with the earnings they make. Both countries would benefit from this. Then, if immigrants from Mexico or any other country wanted to settle here, then they should be required to learn English and make a direct contribution to our country. I don't understand when (what year) exactly immigration became out of control. I keep hearing that during the 60s and 70s any foreigner could enroll at an institution of higher learning and get an automatic student visa, which allowed them to come to the US and then apply for permanent residency.
Apparently you aren't aware that we already have unlimited H-2A visas for legal foreign crop pickers already. But since so many Mexicans in particular are jumping our borders illegally this gives the farmers an abundant supply of cheap illegal labor instead. Most illegals aren't picking crops though they are taking jobs that most Americans will do.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:30 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catessa View Post
Do you realize only 2-4% of illegal aliens are picking our crops? Thatís a very small percentage. The vast majority are employed in jobs U.S. citizens used to have.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:34 PM

207 posts, read 465,479 times
Fault? This truly has become a litigious nation. We have the biggest oil well disaster in history... and the first official government response was to 'send in the lawyers'. Of a sudden... the nation has become painfully aware of the flood of illegal aliens invading the country daily on the southern border and need to place blame. Yet... the legislation that would at least identify those illegals when posssible is challenged by the very 'lawyers' who would find fault. Catch 22? Who's fault is it that an individual commits a crime?

Does personal responsibility ring any bells... or is that an old fashioned social more? Whose fault is it indeed that makes a person commit the felony of an undocumented entry into a sovereign nation? Lack of fear? There is scarce penalty for such action compared to potential rewards. In some cases... no penalty at all... In fact, a free ride is promised in some areas. But fault for tha act is still with the perpetrator, no matter the lure. Just because something is easily stolen doesn't mean it's legal to do it.

There is an increasing trend to blame the US for everything... America first... not in a good way. We even have a PotUS apologizing to the world for past actions. Instead of searching for fault... 'how 'bout we just put an end to the present situation and future possibilites? Secure the southern border that you have only recently become aware of. If SB1070 did nothing else... it woke the rest of you people up to what we've known here for the past 20 years or more... and it's not getting better. Don't quote me the governments propaganda to the contrary... I live here. I see it.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:34 PM

If the Illegals what to blame someone and the pro-illegals want to sue some one....... why don't they blame the employers and sue them for "entrapment".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or