U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:48 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,234,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catessa View Post
Tinman your anger does not allow you to comprehend what I have said on so many posts. SOME AMERICANS WILL WORK THOSE JOBS, OTHERS WON'T. It is that simple. You need to understand that there are all kinds of Americans, not jut your brand. The kids in my city have said it to me and others that they won't do those jobs. I also said it in another THESE kids are interested in wearing designer clothes, texting, and studying to go to the best colleges they can get it. That's reality for them. Your picking and choosing phrases I said and taking them out of context because your intent on proving ... I don't know what to be honest. I don't understand why you are arguing over this, quite frankly. If I state that we have democrats and republicans in our country. as well as very liberal people and very conservative people, am I making excuses for saying that? By the way, your stating that I make excuses for illegal immigration it's implying that I favor it and you have no right to make those accusations about me.

When it comes to blame, I said that if illegals came here due to amnesty policies, that was wrong. It was wrong to grant sweeping amnesty to individuals who are not victims or a totalitarian regime. How is that making excuses? Look, just because I don't express myself the same way you do, it does not mean I make excuses for anyone. That's an allegation that's flawed no matter how you look at it. Let's face it, if amnesty had not been passed, illegals may not be here in huge numbers. If we were better able to control our border, would illegals cross in big numbers? If employers didn't hire them, would they come? The answers are no,no, and no. You need to realize that there is no one single person or entity to be blamed when it comes to complex issues like these. To say one person is to be blamed is overly simplistic. We are in the situation we are in due to poorly designed policies and these policies have consequences. Do I think people have a right to trespass another country's
Quote:
boarders
? NO THEY DO NOT. Do I trespass illegally into other countries? NO, I don't. So, please stop making excuses yourself to pick a fight with me and accuse of things I am not and have not said. Again, just because I express myself well, I am educated, and I don't oversimplify things doesn't mean I make excuses for anyone (including illegals).

You have "another" misspelled word.http://bestsmileys.com/nono/2.gif (broken link)
"boarders"
didn't you mean "borders"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 09:53 AM

43 posts, read 19,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
You have "another" misspelled word...
"boarders"
You had many others, too many to count, but I will find and post many examples, since you posted mine and it appears you want to engage in this type of exchange. So, welcome.
Your misspellings and poor grammar are systemic, so I do understand you feel like a champ when you locate one or two typos in my posts.

My best to you!!

Last edited by Catessa; 08-12-2010 at 10:19 AM..

Old 08-12-2010, 09:55 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,552,571 times
why reasoning did hitler give for invading poland? he just laughed at the protests and did it.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Cut-N-Dry.

The blame goes to: All contributers and recipients. Any and everyone who goes against the written law. The quilt is equal,(no more, no less) to everyone working against the immigration law,no matter who they are or where they're from. If they ignore the law or feel they are above it, they're guilty and are to blame. no exceptions!
In the end, all who are at blame will automatically be penalized. one way or another. (Just think about it)
quilt = I assumed you meant guilt?
contributers = contributors

Old 08-12-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
I DID read where you said "I am NOT advocating for illegal immigration". and if my post sounded like I was "coming down" on you, that was not my intentions.
To be honest with you:
IMO, some of your statements sound as if your not quite sure which side you want to be on yet.
No one on this forum is an EXPERT on illegal immigration, but some are close to it.
What caught my attention was when you said, (not quoted) "that some of the posters need to study the History of immigration."
Now, I feel that that's an unfair statment, considering that it's coming from someone that's NO EXPERT themself.
I understand, that your trying understand and learn more about the illegal immigration issue. I'm willing to help as are most of the other poster.

BTW, you had a misspelling too, "Mkfarm," Didn't you mean "mkfarnam"?
Not an expert themself = themselves
unfair statmant= statement
That was not my intentions = Those were not my intentions. That was not my intention.
How about when you said iliminate?

mkfarnam, I'll be happy to give you grammar lessons, you really need them. Talk to you later.....

Old 08-12-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
You have "another" misspelled word.
"boarders"
Another misspelling, you mean because your made-up name was missing the last two letters when I cut and pasted it on a previous post? I explained to you that it's no an English word recognized by a dictionary. No offense to your lovely alias, but you'll be hard pressed to find an authority in the ENGLISH language that would recognize it as an actual word. The examples I posted of your misspellings are for REAL ENGLISH words.

I am optimistic you'll improve though

Old 08-12-2010, 10:13 AM

BTTT

Cateesa:
In a previous post, you wanted to know how or when illegal immigration got started:

Quote:
Quote:
The United States did not limit immigration in 1868 when the Fourteenth Amendment was ratified. Thus there were, by definition, no illegal immigrants
and the issue of citizenship for children of those here in violation of the law was nonexistent. Granting of automatic citizenship to children of illegal alien mothers is a recent and totally inadvertent and unforeseen result of the amendment and the Reconstructionist period in which it was ratified.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 08-12-2010 at 10:21 AM..

Old 08-12-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
BTTT

Cateesa:
In a previous post, you wanted to know how or when illegal immigration got started:
mkfarnam, my alias is spelled Catessa. Again, not an English word like mkfarnam, but since you mentioned twice already that I "misspelled" your alias, I thought I should bring up the spelling of my alias.

In regards to illegal immigration, my question was specific to Mexican immigration, since that is the group at the center of the illegal immigration debate. I am fortunate to know a lot about the immigration history of other groups such as Italian, Irish, Jewish, and Scandinavian. My question specifically mentioned when Mexican illegal immigration grew exponentially in the United States. Others have already responded that it was during the Reagan years.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catessa View Post
mkfarnam, my alias is spelled Catessa. Again, not an English word like mkfarnam, but since you mentioned twice already that I "misspelled" your alias, I thought I should bring up the spelling of my alias.

In regards to illegal immigration, my question was specific to Mexican immigration, since that is the group at the center of the illegal immigration debate. I am fortunate to know a lot about the immigration history of other groups such as Italian, Irish, Jewish, and Scandinavian. My question specifically mentioned when Mexican illegal immigration grew exponentially in the United States.
Quote:
Others have already responded that it was during the Reagan years
If illegal immigration started growing during and after the Reagan amnesty of 1986., that means that it wasn't a big issue before, so why was there a 1986 amnesty in the first place? Also, why did "operaton "w*t back" take place back in the 60's? Even I remember O.W.

BTW, the 1986 amnesty wasn't the first.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
If illegal immigration started growing During and after the Reagan amnesty of 1986., that means that it wasn't a big issue before, so why was there a 1986 amnesty in the first place?

BTW, the 1986 amnesty wasn't the first.
That's precisely the million-dollar question that I've asked before. Why amnesty?? I mentioned earlier that poverty alone has never been a criterion for granting amnesty. Unlike refugees from Communist or war-torn countries who were granted asylum, Mexico never qualified for this type of amnesty. So, yes, I do want to know why on earth amnesty was passed to these people? That seems to have been the reason we're in our present condition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or