Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 07:10 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,467,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
What are you trying to say?
It's clear enough, isn't it? This "problem" of gangs and illegal immigrants sneaking to the US has been going on for decades. I'd like someone to answer that question, as well. Why the uproar now? Did the illegal drug traffickers just discover routes through Arizona, California or Texas? Did employers all of a sudden deliberately try to employ illegals? This has been brewing for decades (again). Why is the blame entirely put upon the shoulders of this Administration? Who give a ---- if the Admin is Democrat or Republican. Which Administration has done "its job" in attempting to stop illegal immigration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 07:20 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
It's clear enough, isn't it? This "problem" of gangs and illegal immigrants sneaking to the US has been going on for decades. I'd like someone to answer that question, as well. Why the uproar now? Did the illegal drug traffickers just discover routes through Arizona, California or Texas? Did employers all of a sudden deliberately try to employ illegals? This has been brewing for decades (again). Why is the blame entirely put upon the shoulders of this Administration? Who give a ---- if the Admin is Democrat or Republican. Which Administration has done "its job" in attempting to stop illegal immigration?
It is just like anything else. It comes to head and becomes intolerable and that is when the public outcry occurs. You must have a short memory not to know that there was outrage during the Bush administration over this issue also. I blame both parties and several decades of administrations that have allowed this situtation to accelerate and become intolerable today.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:30 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,467,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
...You must have a short memory not to know that there was outrage during the Bush administration over this issue also. I blame both parties and several decades of administrations that have allowed this situtation to accelerate and become intolerable today.
No need for snide insults. There was no such outrage at this level regarding this issue during Bush's administration. Other than that, you just confirmed what I said. Glad to see you agree ~

Old 08-02-2010, 08:47 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Why now? I think double digit unemployment of Americans and the coming end of unemployment benefits to many Americans could have a lot to do with it. Plus the fact that the sheer numbers of illegals keeps growing and growing, there are tremendous numbers of people pouring over the border - they don't care what the unemployment rate is - they know where the welfare offices are.

It was one thing when they could tell us the unemployment rate was 4 or 5% and Americans saw few illegals, almost didn't know they existed. What was a small rain turned into a torrent. There are no limits of how many should come as far as the open borders crowd is concerned. If 75% of Americans were jobless and running out of time, the open borders crowd would only insist we need to open the doors wider and let the entire population of the world's 2 billion impoverished in to take jobs and government handouts.

The open borders side does not care one iota about the rights or lives of Americans is why. They believe there can be no laws of any kind, and they lack all common sense and believe that just be getting all the world's poor into the USA, every problem will be solved for them.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:51 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,810,896 times
Quote:
If the previous administration filed a law suit against Arizona I'm sure we'd have the same level of outrage.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:32 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
No need for snide insults. There was no such outrage at this level regarding this issue during Bush's administration. Other than that, you just confirmed what I said. Glad to see you agree ~
I didn't consider my remark to be a snide insult. The Bush administration was only two years ago and unless someone was living under a rock they should remember the outrage over this issue that occured then also. The phone lines in congress rang off the hook when amnesty was proposed.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:49 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I didn't consider my remark to be a snide insult. The Bush administration was only two years ago and unless someone was living under a rock they should remember the outrage over this issue that occured then also. The phone lines in congress rang off the hook when amnesty was proposed.
Hence why they only recieve "priority mails" today. Liberalism has done it's damage and the WH acts accordingly, they are, (liberals) dismissed.

The WH wants rooted teeth, not decayed molars whom has spread such foul stink. The urgency of liberalism has been it's urgent destruction. Ha, the WH used them for portrayal, gathered it's momentum to only slap them down becasue of thier lunacy, of course.

Watch, don't listen...

Watch...tick tock....

Old 08-02-2010, 09:59 PM

216 posts, read 234,466 times
to hell with bush, we had better think about the current admins 4,5 mil free lunch program. damm looks as if the tax money is spend for those that cant afford to feed all the anchor kids.

feed the illegal masses to reduce the middle class to zero.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:05 PM

216 posts, read 234,466 times
Quote:
We are talking generations of burden here. once taught to work the system as the poor immigrants has given us, as you know gang bangers and english speaking low class types. our burden is way to great in any of the border towns.. yup broke and trashed out. no wonder we are so mad?

Old 08-02-2010, 10:47 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,308 times
Don't be mad, be GLAD. We're addressing the situation now, once and for all. Many laws, many laws to stop this insanity are erected as well as being enforced.

Watch, don't listen.

tick tock....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration