U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 06:01 PM

13,501 posts, read 14,062,088 times

Advertisements

if you guys "know" of illegals. have you turn them in? you talk a mean game about how bad they are for our country, yet you "know" some? what are you doing about the illegals you know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 06:45 PM

33,010 posts, read 30,288,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
if you guys "know" of illegals. have you turn them in? you talk a mean game about how bad they are for our country, yet you "know" some? what are you doing about the illegals you know?
It's not that easy, not even close. You can report but nothing gets done. That's why AZ came up with the new law, so we could actually remove the Illegals with the aid of Police. Once past the border by a few miles Illegals are hands off and the only force that can remove them is usually ICE. Total bs in my book. There isn't supposed to be a "safe" zone for someone breaking the law.

I have gotten some construction crews busted over the years though so I will take credit for that.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:26 PM

747 posts, read 1,522,165 times
Criminals (Illegal Aliens) should not be rewarded for breaking the law. And yes they are criminals because they entered the US illegally. If they get rewarded by giving them US Citizenship; then what about all the others that waited their turn and also the ones waiting right now? It's just not right. You have the ones trying to do it the legal way and the criminals that have already broken the law. They should go back home and apply the legal way.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's not that easy, not even close. You can report but nothing gets done. That's why AZ came up with the new law, so we could actually remove the Illegals with the aid of Police. Once past the border by a few miles Illegals are hands off and the only force that can remove them is usually ICE. Total bs in my book. There isn't supposed to be a "safe" zone for someone breaking the law.

I have gotten some construction crews busted over the years though so I will take credit for that.

I find it difficult to believe that ICE, homeland security, FBI, US dept of justice, would not do anything about an illegal alien if you had prof that they were truly illegal.

again I would ask azliam and chicagonut just what proof do they have that the people they refer to are illegals?

several sites on line about how to turn in an illegal. you know of an illegal and do nothing about it. don't even try to report them, you have no room to gripe about the situation, you are part of the problem

Old 07-31-2010, 09:17 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,198,311 times
Quote:
I find it difficult to believe that ICE, homeland security, FBI, US dept of justice, would not do anything about an illegal alien if you had prof that they were truly illegal.

again I would ask azliam and chicagonut just what proof do they have that the people they refer to are illegals?

several sites on line about how to turn in an illegal. you know of an illegal and do nothing about it. don't even try to report them, you have no room to gripe about the situation, you are part of the problem
They openly admitted that they were here illegally to a friend of mine and they did report them. ICE doesn't care unless they have committed a serious crime so they won't do anything. They are overwhelmed with illegal aliens in this country.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
They openly admitted that they were here illegally to a friend of mine and they did report them. ICE doesn't care unless they have committed a serious crime so they won't do anything. They are overwhelmed with illegal aliens in this country.

think you would need more prof than a friend was told they were. I doubt any enforcement agency would waste time on hearsay. if you had prof and truly you did not bust your bum to get them deported arrested or what ever, would think that would be an accessory or aiding and abetting.

if you have prof and the law won't do anything why isn't there citizen groups, better organized bringing more pressure to bear to get things changed. the climate is right for it, no doubt. we have the green party, the tea party, lots of groups. there should be some kind of neighborhood watch group in our cities that can help in some way. is that too much trouble? not enough people really have "prof" people too lazy to get involved? apathy in government if it goes against our laws should not be left to continue if this is the case. I know groups take time to be effective, but I can not imagine in this climate with motivated people, why it wouldn't help. it didn't take the tea party long to organize and become visible.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:11 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,198,311 times
Quote:
think you would need more prof than a friend was told they were. I doubt any enforcement agency would waste time on hearsay. if you had prof and truly you did not bust your bum to get them deported arrested or what ever, would think that would be an accessory or aiding and abetting.

if you have prof and the law won't do anything why isn't there citizen groups, better organized bringing more pressure to bear to get things changed. the climate is right for it, no doubt. we have the green party, the tea party, lots of groups. there should be some kind of neighborhood watch group in our cities that can help in some way. is that too much trouble? not enough people really have "prof" people too lazy to get involved? apathy in government if it goes against our laws should not be left to continue if this is the case. I know groups take time to be effective, but I can not imagine in this climate with motivated people, why it wouldn't help. it didn't take the tea party long to organize and become visible.
Read my post again. I said that it was openly admitted to a friend of mine by the illegals themselves that they were here illegally. They were reported. Nothing happened as there was no proof other than the illegals admittance and that is considered hearsay.

Before you spout off about Americans not doing enough to combat illegal immigration, educate yourself. You don't know me or what activism I am involved in so don't assume.

Sounds like you want the illegals to stay so what is your point anyway?

Old 07-31-2010, 10:21 PM

15,088 posts, read 17,025,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I have a proposed solution to the immigration problem.

In the first group...

The second group...

Both types of illegals now live furtive, compromised lives, for the privilege of living here.

Here is my idea:

What do you guys think?
The first group should self-deport and legally immigrate here while the second group should self-deport and stay wherever they came from until they decide to obtain the appropriate permits to legally work here. If either group refuses to do what I've stated, then we should deport them. I am not interested in any other solution.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Read my post again. I said that it was openly admitted to a friend of mine by the illegals themselves that they were here illegally. They were reported. Nothing happened as there was no proof other than the illegals admittance and that is considered hearsay.

Before you spout off about Americans not doing enough to combat illegal immigration, educate yourself. You don't know me or what activism I am involved in so don't assume.

Sounds like you want the illegals to stay so what is your point anyway?

clam down, way to read what you want into my post. I understood and I agreed, that if all you have is "hearsay" than the law wouldn't do anything about it.

my question is legit. it seems everyone is up in arms about illegals, why don't we have a well organized group like the tea party trying to get more enforcement. my post was not an attack on you nor asking what you do personally it was the collective you I was referring.

do not assume that I want illegals to stay just because I don't agree with all your posts.

my point and I will ask it again. why isn't there a national group that would challenge these things a bit more? people are angry obviously I just wonder why the feeling of the country has not been harnessed better and put to work?

Old 08-01-2010, 02:20 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,975,418 times
My proposed solution:

1. Cut off all government handouts to illegals and that includes those illegals with anchor babies they had for the purpose of accessing the welfare programs. That is - food stamps, WIC and all the rest should only be given to citizen parents. No more free health care for illegals, have the employer benefitting from ultra cheap labor pay the cost of medical care for their illegals or have the illegal pay the bill for any medical care.

2. Big fines and jail sentences on those who hire illegals. This should force these greedy types to abide by the laws which require they make an attempt to hire Americans, pay legal wages, and obtain visas to bring in legal workers.

3. Deport illegals as they make themselves known, when loitering, begging, committing any kind of crime, when driving without licenses and insurance, DWI, etc.

There is no need to bring in millions of people who have no means of support or ability to assimilate. There are plenty of temporary worker visa programs that should fill any labor gaps if Americans aren't available for seasonal jobs. Workers can still be brought in on a legal temporary basis but the goal shouldn't be to have them stay here forever, they can work a few months, return home to their families and still have income that gets them ahead back home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration