U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 04:43 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I knew there were busloads of Angelenos heading for Phoenix but assumed they turned around when the court decision was announced.
Naw, they didn't want to get robbed of their moment of fame in the limelight and disappointed that the whole law didn't get struck down. It's all or nothing at all with these open borders freaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 05:22 PM

7,413 posts, read 7,824,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Naw, they didn't want to get robbed of their moment of fame in the limelight and disappointed that the whole law didn't get struck down. It's all or nothing at all with these open borders freaks.
I disagreed with the Arizona law but I found it a little strange that so many people were eager to demonstrate in Phoenix. The local TV channels interviewed Angelenos heading for Arizona in caravans of buses with a band playing music and politicians blessing them. The activists were so worked up\ excited about going to Phoenix and then within hours the court decision nullifying the Arizona law was announced. I could just image the disappointment that the activists must have felt that they wouldn't need to demonstrate but also joy that the law was stopped.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:15 PM

876 posts, read 1,883,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You dont get it. The only freaks there are the small amount of whites that go thinking that going there makes them not racist and better then everyone else. The hispanics who go there are part of the reconquesta movement. The media dont report because they dont want to be viewed as racist. The white race has a desease called white guilt. It got us this president and will cause this country to change its demographics. What I am saying is the truth and because of it I will be labeled a racist.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:28 PM

876 posts, read 1,883,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
How far are we from a civil war here?
Civil war I laught at the thought. We will give up without a fight. Can you image how this country changed in 50 years? Just image how it will change in another 50 years. We go from one extreme to another. Too bad once we go to the next extreme will cant go back. No matter what happens in 2010 and 2012 even if the republicans takes back congress and the white house that will just make the take a little longer but no matter what change is here and cant be stopped. Obama takes credit for the change that came with him but he isnt the cause but the result of the change.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:30 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
You dont get it. The only freaks there are the small amount of whites that go thinking that going there makes them not racist and better then everyone else. The hispanics who go there are part of the reconquesta movement. The media dont report because they dont want to be viewed as racist. The white race has a desease called white guilt. It got us this president and will cause this country to change its demographics. What I am saying is the truth and because of it I will be labeled a racist.
I don't think it's even about white guilt as much as that many of the very leftist whites are trust fund babies who don't have to work for a living and are also accustomed to their families having plenty of illegal servants. Plus since they don't have to work their way through college, going to this or that protest helps occupy their time.

They don't see it the same as the typical American who pay taxes and depends on a job and decent wages. The idle rich want their servants and they want an unlimited supply of them. They can pretend it's because they really really really care about impoverished foreigners who ignore our immigration laws - but like everything else - just follow the money.

That's why the big propaganda "A Day Without a Mexican" was a hit with the elites but a dud with the average American. They tried to make Americans panic with that "Why who will mow your grass?", "Who will make your bed?" because to the elites that would be a scary question but the average working type American would just look a little puzzled and respond "I just mowed my grass myself", and "If my bed got made, I made it".

Old 08-01-2010, 03:27 AM

2,243 posts, read 3,447,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
John-Clark Levin: Young Illegals Out Themselves, Daring To Be Deported - WSJ.com

So we have hundreds of illegals out in the streets protesting. Well, if we know they are there, why the hell doesnt the government arrest them and deport them? How is it we allow them to sit their and taunt us, daring us to do something, and we just dont act?!

Why the hell cant we enforce our laws? If we wouldve been forcing our laws from the beginning, we wouldnt even have any of this going on right now. If the government secured the damn border, we wouldnt have this big illegal issue going on.
They are not being arrested because this has become an extremely weak and pathetic nation of mice who are afraid to speak out about this invasion. And as they say, people get the government they deserve. I'm reminded of a quote from Thomas Jefferson, regarding the Tree of Liberty and its watering requirements...

Old 08-01-2010, 05:40 AM

1,891 posts, read 2,178,535 times
So the public decides who gets to stay now?

It's funny how officials fear public outcry. Who cares? There will always be hecklers. Just shut up and do your job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration