U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 03:52 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,960,229 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why the I-9 forms are just filed by the employer. It would make MORE sense for the originals to be forwarded to a govt agency to be checked for correctness, especially as they usually have a photocopy of the tendered documents attached........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 04:25 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,140,273 times
Boycotts are just ridiculous and so anti American. It infuriates me when I "see" people who side with another country against America. Besides, boycotts proved to be profitable for Arizona. (because AMERICA stands with Arizona)

Just sayin...

I try and buy only American, from groceries to home loans. I pick and choose where I shop if the monies are not being sent to America. AMERICA, not state by state. Treasonous for any to boycott a State within our Union. Do I like sanctuary cities? Nope, but it is America and I do limit my business there by ensuring my company does not hire illegal aliens. I want them out of here. They contribute nothing. We do not NEED illegal aliens in this Country. GETOUT.

I guess my point is, instead of a "formed boycott" just buy American.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:38 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,900,571 times
Well I do blame illegals for opting to violate our laws. No free pass.. It was a choice and they opted to violate our laws. Most without even attempting to apply for a VISA. This in its self speaks volumes.
I am all for boycotting businesses that hire illegals.
But more than that I am for boycotting politicians who seek to reward businesses and illegals for their crimes.
I am against any plan that does not include accountability for criminal behavior.
Ask yourself this question. Why doesn't the FBI or Fed gov track crimes committed by illegals? They have statistics for just about every form of crime. Committed by who, by race, by sex. But not by illegals. Why?
I mean they invested big money to track bear DNA!!!! Why not crimes committed by illegals? Could it be they don't want to know? Could it be if the actual facts came to light that the voter would be enraged?

Old 08-01-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well I do blame illegals for opting to violate our laws. No free pass.. It was a choice and they opted to violate our laws. Most without even attempting to apply for a VISA. This in its self speaks volumes.
I am all for boycotting businesses that hire illegals.
But more than that I am for boycotting politicians who seek to reward businesses and illegals for their crimes.
I am against any plan that does not include accountability for criminal behavior.
Ask yourself this question. Why doesn't the FBI or Fed gov track crimes committed by illegals? They have statistics for just about every form of crime. Committed by who, by race, by sex. But not by illegals. Why?
I mean they invested big money to track bear DNA!!!! Why not crimes committed by illegals? Could it be they don't want to know? Could it be if the actual facts came to light that the voter would be enraged?
Go to a sanctuary city and you'll be sleeping in your car as I have not found one hotel that does not hire illegals, not ONE. It is so ingrained in those places, to not "buy" is suicide. Report them, Report them and KEEP reporting them until they are so sick and tired of you reporting them they want something done. I also lay anti illegal alien, border patrol and ICE material all over my room, amazing the constant change in staff! lol! You can avoid most places retail, Walmart, Bank of America and even UPS. But there are just some places where they have that cannot be avoided.

I guess we'll just keep taking this up Federally.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:28 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,160,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacecat View Post
I don't believe you, nor do I believe you have any idea of what you would do if in their shoes. The sheer desparation of real poverty; real hunger; and death always at the door is something most Americans have not lived.

If you have children are you saying you would let your child die from disease or hunger when you might have a chance to slip across the border to work and send money home?

What kind of background did you grow up in?
I don't care whether you believe me or not coming from someone who obviously thinks it is ok to break laws even when it affects others negatively. Most Mexicans are not starving with death at their door nor are their kids dying from desease and hunger that is just BS propaganda that you are spewing to defend your agenda.

I grew up in a background where I was taught to respect our laws and not to put myself or my family above someone elses or to steal from them to get what I want or need. My compassion is for my fellow Americans who are suffering because of this illegal invasion. Obviously you don't care about them.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Isn't that exactly what you do for the corporations such as Tyson, Con-Agra and Iowa Beef who hire them?

If not, them I dare you to go grocery shopping without buying a product that is attached to IB or Con-Agra.

Most products in this country are monopolized by a handfull of huge corporations that supply a particular industry.

There is little you can do. Grow your own veggies and can them---buy a cow to raise and butcher. Get a few hens to lay eggs. You got it made, man.
WTH are you talking about? I have been one of the most vocal in here about the guilt on the part of the employer along with many others in here. But I know there is a three-fold blame in this issue, the employers, our government and the illegal themselves. For some odd reason you think the illegals are blame free.

There is no way of knowing who is hiring illegal aliens until ICE raids the employer's business. At that point they are held accountable and are less likely to do it again. Many if not most Americans live in cities and can't raise cattle and have a henhouse in their backyards as it is against the law. FYI, I do have a small veggie garden but that is beside the point as there is know way of knowing when one buys anything these days if illegal alien labor was used. You're really off the wall trying to defend illegal aliens, aren't you?

Old 08-01-2010, 06:43 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,150,484 times
Quote:
I don't believe you, nor do I believe you have any idea of what you would do if in their shoes. The sheer desparation of real poverty; real hunger; and death always at the door is something most Americans have not lived.

If you have children are you saying you would let your child die from disease or hunger when you might have a chance to slip across the border to work and send money home?

If I were in their shoes I would do the same to feed my family, but I would first try the legal approach and furthermore I would not be spitting on the flag of the country I was fleeing to, nor would I trample its flag or disrespect its laws.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:

Peacoat isn't here anymore but i have to address this.

I went to Boston. Pregnant with my son and with my 4 month old daughter. no one wanted to rent us an apt. When we did find a guy who gave us a room in an unfinished house with no electricity, no fridge, no heat, nothing, did I tell the govmt. to foot the bill? No, did I beg? Did I take from another? NO. BOSTON. 3 foot snow. I managed to get the electricity on LEGALLY, no heat mind you, just enough for a hotplate I PURCHASED, found a fridge (before I USED THE WINDOWSILL AS MY FRIDGE) had blowup pool mats for my bed, used the existing fireplace as heat ( I slept an hour, fed the fire and hour, slept an hour, fed the fire) and did I whine? NO, did I demand? NO. I assessed the situation as MINE and worked my ass out of there and into better life on MY DIME, NEVER had I taken from another. The store clerk at the next door Establishment saw me come in with my and my daughters lips blue, he insisted I go to his house across the street where he told his wife to make us soup. We did go, INVITED and ate. Eventuality, after the local Portuguese stuck both of my car tires with a knife and I CHANGED MY TIRES MYSELF PREGNANT AS THEY WATCHED AND LAUGHED, I decided that Fall River was too far from America for me. Come to find out most of those there were illegal. Fall River. Check it out so no, illegals do not deserve our handouts, fight for your own dam country, I am for mine, stop raping ours. I made it against my own Country's generosity to the wrong person taking advantage of it.

Today I have power, I'll stop illegal immigration's attack against America. Get it OUR way or hit the Highway.

Last edited by getout; 08-01-2010 at 08:17 PM..

Old 08-01-2010, 08:08 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,497,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Peacoat isn't here anymore but i have to address this.

I went Boston. Pregnant with my son and with my 4 month old daughter. no one wanted to rent us an apt. When we did find a guy who gave us a room in an unfinished house with no electricity, no fridge, no heat, nothing, did I tell the govmt. to foot the bill? No, did I beg? Did I take from another? NO. BOSTON. 3 foot show. I managed to get the electricity on LEGALLY, no heat mind you, just enough for a hotplate I PURCHASED, found a fridge (before I USED THE WINDOWSILL AS MY FRIDGE) had blowup pool mats for my bed, used the existing fireplace as heat ( I slept an hour, fed the fire and hour, slept an hour, fed the fire) and did I whine? NO, did I demand? NO. I assessed the situation as MINE and worked my ass out of there and into better life on MY DIME, NEVER had I taken from another. The store clerk at the next door Establishment saw me come in with my and my daughters lips blue, he insisted I go to his house across the street where he told his wife to make us soup. We did go, INVITED and ate. Eventuality, after the local Portuguese stuck both of my car tires with a knife and I CHANGED MY TIRES MYSELF PREGNANT AS THEY WATCHED AND LAUGHED, I decided that Fall River was too far from America for me. Come to find out most of those there were illegal. Fall River. Check it out so no, illegals do not deserve our handouts, fight for your own dam country, I am for mine, stop raping ours. I made it against my own Country's generosity to the wrong person taking advantage of it.

Today I have power, I'll stop illegal immigration's attack against America. Get it OUR way or hit the Highway.
Getout, your amazing! Your post made me teary & very proud to be an American. You are proof that the illegals are doing it the easy, thoughtless way. They dont care about us one iota...its all about what they can get, and I'm so tired of the old song & dance about them being so abused at home. A very few, maybe, but they just want all they can get from this very easy country. The illegals laugh about how dumb we are, and thats a fact. How many citizens would work their butts off, and let their tax dollars go support someone who BROKE into their country??? We are so P.C. that we're commiting financial suicide, not to mention being taken over in every facet of our lives. Some think the I.L.'s are living in poverty, well not the 1's around me! My gawd the parties & vacations they have. And they are the Only residents doing home improvements....they are literally laughing all the way to the bank.

I'm glad you & others here are waking people up... I only hope its not too late.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
If I were in their shoes I would do the same to feed my family, but I would first try the legal approach and furthermore I would not be spitting on the flag of the country I was fleeing to, nor would I trample its flag or disrespect its laws.
Not me! There is a reason that countries have immigration laws and quotas and I would not break the immigration laws of a country, steal a job from one of their citizens and create a hardship on the citizens of that country for my own gain. Mexicans and their children are not starving in their country for the most part anyway. I wouldn't have kids I couldn't afford to feed "legally" either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or