Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 11:12 AM

358 posts, read 394,939 times

Advertisements

This is only one example of Mexicans desecrating the American flag. Here is a clip from a immigration rally a couple years ago in California
YouTube - Mexican flag raised over post office in Maywood, CA. The took the American flag down from the post office and replaced it with the Mexican flag, cheering all the way. Here is another one from the "May Day" rallies in Los Angeles..
YouTube - American Immigrants Stomp American Flag They were doing some ethnic dance on the American flag.. once again this was in protest to American immigration laws. I hate to be the bearer of bad news.. this will not stop and we will eventually give in. Both major political parties want to dance around this issue, they are to worried about the Hispanic vote. With unchecked numbers of South Americans flowing into this country, and a birthrate double that of Americans.. well they will one day make up a huge voting segment. At this time they are the least likely to vote, even with staggering numbers of Hispanics living here. I will try to put this a little more simply. In 1965 Los Angeles was made up of 10% Hispanics, today that number is over 50%, and Los Angeles had the largest group of Hispanics in the country (In 1965)! Today California is about 47% Hispanic. Do you see what is happening? This invasion started decades ago, now the anchor babies are old enough to vote.. think you see inaction on the part of the Federal Government now???? give it another decade or so. We have been colonized by invading Mexican forces in the southwest United States, and this cancer will continue to spread. I feel for the people seeing the beginnings of this invasion in their areas, nothing like having ignorant, barefoot peasants as neighbors. The battle is already lost where I live. At least they have no interest in assimilating into U.S. society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 11:17 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,927,318 times
this is just sick. something needs to be done.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:24 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,467,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
No one will trample the flag in my presence!
Respect the flag or leave this country.
Kele was correct in saying it's our right to stomp on the flag. Unfortunately. The protesters know very well they can get away with it.

And the whole situation of abusing the flag got worse when the Supreme Court ruled that it is not a crime to desecrate the flag. That, IMO, was a travesty of a ruling(s).

The police can do nothing, but like you Buddy, it will not happen in my presence. Just be prepared to get arrested if you try to stop it.

And why must some of you insist this has to do with tree-hugging liberals? Or leftist agitators? Why not illegal drug smugglers, gang members, professional agitators (BOTH left and right extremists)

Let's not forget President Obama, your usual scapegoat. IT IS LEGAL TO DESECRATE THE AMERICAN FLAG...and it has been that way through several presidential terms.

Blame your own representatives and Senators. Laws which would outlaw desecrating the flag have been consistently blocked. This has nothing to do with the authority of the President - any of them.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:24 AM

9,599 posts, read 31,683,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
They disrespect our laws, our flag and our people, then have the unmitigated GALL to DEMAND that we respect them and their so called "rights"?

They can go to hell
I could not agree more, Opyelie.

Respect is EARNED . . . never demanded.

Isn't it amazing anyone would expect proper behavior from common criminals who snubbed their noses at our Border Enforcement Agents as well as our Immigrations Laws?

Blatant ARROGANCE and STUPIDITY.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:25 AM

8,605 posts, read 10,136,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I wonder if even one of the protestors is from Tucson or Arizona. I suspect almost all are outsiders - leftist agitators from California and of course foreign illegals and their welfare baby spawn.
Having lived in Tucson for 17 yrs, I would guarantee that some of the protestors were from Tucson via Mexico, as well as the University of AZ. Tucson is one of those places that will welcome just about anybody and everybody, and whatever your indulgence or cause is, there are plenty of Tucsonans around to point you in the right direction. Although it has beautiful surroundings, the city is full of NIMBY's and activists who concern themselves more with their "cause", which is one of the reasons that (while the metro has now grown to over 1 million), nothing much gets done there, thanks also to the city being run by a bunch of left-wing crooks (city council members) who couldn't run a classified ad, let alone a city.

Last edited by AZLiam; 08-01-2010 at 11:37 AM..

Old 08-01-2010, 11:51 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwideopenskyx View Post
Protestors block traffic in downtown Tucson - KGUN 9 On Your Side, Tucson News, Weather & Sports (http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=12899936 - broken link)

Viewers, some outraged, debate KGUN9 News protest coverage - KGUN 9 On Your Side, Tucson News, Weather & Sports (http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=12900463 - broken link)

Have any other immigrants from any other nation disrespected United States and her citizens the way Mexicans do?
These are Obama's "People". He supports them and their Criminality. That is why Obama and his supporters need to go. What a discrace this Administration is.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:55 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I don't get why this is being allowed. FOREIGNERS come to OUR country, DEMAND rights, & stomp on OUR flag?? This sounds like an invasion, why are we allowing it??
Great Question for Obama. See what kind of spin he puts on it. These are the criminals he's fighting to reaward for their treasonous acts.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:56 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,069,126 times
Yes the obama administration is weak and is making this country look weaker and weaker . I say round these hooligans who trampled the flag and throw them in joes jail and then when they are done serving their sentence deport them !!! Yes Obama needs to go and when his time is up he will go and i guarantee you we will never see these obama people again .

Old 08-01-2010, 11:59 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwideopenskyx View Post
Protestors block traffic in downtown Tucson - KGUN 9 On Your Side, Tucson News, Weather & Sports (http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=12899936 - broken link)

Viewers, some outraged, debate KGUN9 News protest coverage - KGUN 9 On Your Side, Tucson News, Weather & Sports (http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=12900463 - broken link)

Have any other immigrants from any other nation disrespected United States and her citizens the way Mexicans do?
I can't think of a single group that pisses on this country the way Mexicans do.

Insolent ingrates. We should deport every last illegal.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Calm down folks, you dont have to like it but...........I would point out that either your generation or your parents generation started this flag trampling, flag burning, 1st amendment stuff during the Vietnam war................
I dont like it, but we started this level of disrespect over 30 years ago, so until the US Supreme court says different , your stuck with what we started in the 70's

It means one thing when our American citizens do it.

It means something totally different, when Mexicans and Central Americans do it.

How can you seriously confuse the two for the same thing, is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration