U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 12:33 PM

894 posts, read 949,993 times

Advertisements

THAT p*sses me off!!! I'm totally blind, but if someone did that to our Flag in my presence, I would KICK THEIR ASS.

I might be blind, but don't let that fool you. I can dead-lift 250 lbs and am strong as hell. I'm a small female (109 lbs) but don't disrespect my County's Flag!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 02:17 PM

16,685 posts, read 27,902,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Calm down folks, you dont have to like it but...........I would point out that either your generation or your parents generation started this flag trampling, flag burning, 1st amendment stuff during the Vietnam war................
I dont like it, but we started this level of disrespect over 30 years ago, so until the US Supreme court says different , your stuck with what we started in the 70's
The earlier generation consisted of American citizens protesting a war in Vietnam, marching for civil rights for their fellow minority American citizens.

If were to to head to Mexico and stomp and burn the Mexican flag, demanding rights afforded to educated Mexican citizens, what would happen?

You can't compare illegal aliens defacing our flag over their demands with American citizens protesting.

If the illegals wanted to be here and become a part of this country so badly, why would they deface what they should embrace?

Old 08-01-2010, 02:25 PM

29,613 posts, read 31,914,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It means one thing when our American citizens do it.

It means something totally different, when Mexicans and Central Americans do it.

How can you seriously confuse the two for the same thing, is beyond me.
The only real difference is the meaning we attach to it. Seriously, if the flag were a person it wouldn't know or care who was trampling it, it would just know it was being trampled. You either need to be against that sort of thing by everyone, including Americans, or acknowledge it's a acceptable for all.

We've gone a long way to making the flag pretty meanless ourselves, what with using it as a decoration and fashion statement and all. We toss out bandanas and tee shirts imprinted with the flag, use them as rags when they get old, wash the car with, blow our noses into them, wipe grease with them, etc. It's cloth, fabric, etc. The poster was right, we started this and now want to get all up in arms because someoen else is bogarting our style....so to speak.

I'm not happy about this. But then I'm not happy about flag patches on the butt of ratty jeans either but there is nothing I can do about it.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:26 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,313,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
They disrespect our laws, our flag and our people, then have the unmitigated GALL to DEMAND that we respect them and their so called "rights"?

They can go to hell
What is perhaps even more disturbing is the US Government systematically encouraging the abuse of it's laws. It's the elected representatives being controlled by special interest lobbyists (with pro illegal migrant policies) that have me concerned.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:28 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Now they're egotistical after blocking parts of SB1070. That's good, now the the country will start seeing the true reason that their here.

This will reverse everything.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:33 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,668,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
What is perhaps even more disturbing is the US Government systematically encouraging the abuse of it's laws. It's the elected representatives being controlled by special interest lobbyists (with pro illegal migrant policies) that have me concerned.
Outrageously disturbing, AlabamaStorm.

I find it interesting that, in spite of their claim poverty, Mexico spend millions on their own Lobby in Washington.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:44 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,948,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The only real difference is the meaning we attach to it. Seriously, if the flag were a person it wouldn't know or care who was trampling it, it would just know it was being trampled. You either need to be against that sort of thing by everyone, including Americans, or acknowledge it's a acceptable for all.

We've gone a long way to making the flag pretty meanless ourselves, what with using it as a decoration and fashion statement and all. We toss out bandanas and tee shirts imprinted with the flag, use them as rags when they get old, wash the car with, blow our noses into them, wipe grease with them, etc. It's cloth, fabric, etc. The poster was right, we started this and now want to get all up in arms because someoen else is bogarting our style....so to speak.

I'm not happy about this. But then I'm not happy about flag patches on the butt of ratty jeans either but there is nothing I can do about it.

It's not about a piece of fabric - it's about what it SYMBOLISES and to have illegals and their supporters trampling on it sends a VERY clear message to all Americans.......

In most cases of the uses you list, if you actually look closely they are stars and stripes NOT the flag.

The only thing these people want from America is their handouts and "rights"

Old 08-01-2010, 02:51 PM

1,150 posts, read 991,058 times
Disrespecting the flag will backfire on them though. The more people see of this behavior, the more they wake up to what's really going on with illegal aliens, and their supporters. It shows they aren't the "hard working, strong family values, just want a better life" people we're told they are. They're extremely rude, obnoxious, and destructive.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:10 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,449,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I don't get why this is being allowed. FOREIGNERS come to OUR country, DEMAND rights, & stomp on OUR flag?? This sounds like an invasion, why are we allowing it??
Not only is it allowed, the Dems in the Big House are probably applauding it!

Old 08-01-2010, 03:38 PM

346 posts, read 616,397 times
Stories like this will never appear on CNN or MSNBC, because it would appear "racist" to paint illegals in a bad light. After all, there's no room for the truth when you have 80 SOB stories waiting in queue to be the headline story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or