U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 03:50 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The only real difference is the meaning we attach to it. Seriously, if the flag were a person it wouldn't know or care who was trampling it, it would just know it was being trampled. You either need to be against that sort of thing by everyone, including Americans, or acknowledge it's a acceptable for all.

We've gone a long way to making the flag pretty meanless ourselves, what with using it as a decoration and fashion statement and all. We toss out bandanas and tee shirts imprinted with the flag, use them as rags when they get old, wash the car with, blow our noses into them, wipe grease with them, etc. It's cloth, fabric, etc. The poster was right, we started this and now want to get all up in arms because someoen else is bogarting our style....so to speak.

I'm not happy about this. But then I'm not happy about flag patches on the butt of ratty jeans either but there is nothing I can do about it.
And it's about dam time we change that. It is one thing for an American who has a beef to use a flag in protest. It is entirely another for another country, nationality to do the same, if you do not know the difference, you are no American, certainly not the one for America, but against, which to me, you can go too. (I use the term you as any, not specific)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 04:48 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
They disrespect our laws, our flag and our people, then have the unmitigated GALL to DEMAND that we respect them and their so called "rights"?

They can go to hell
The sad part is that many of these protestors are actually ethnocentric, traitorous citizens.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:25 PM

18,509 posts, read 27,248,904 times
The disrespect of some people. Come here, avail themselves of our welfare benefits, make children and don't pay the hospital bills, and then trample our flag. This is beyond disrespectful, it is outrageous.

If the government snuggles up to these people who act this way then they themselves don't respect us

Old 08-01-2010, 05:40 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,133,484 times
I think it gives you a window looking at the future and how these people will also trample the rights of non hispanic citizens and trample our constitution. If you want to disolve a nation, just open the border.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:44 PM

18,509 posts, read 27,248,904 times
Welcome to the United States of Mehico

Old 08-01-2010, 05:46 PM

170 posts, read 226,215 times
Those are the voters that Obama and the Democratic Party want on their side.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:46 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I think it gives you a window looking at the future and how these people will also trample the rights of non hispanic citizens and trample our constitution. If you want to disolve a nation, just open the border.
It's the plan of One World. No conspiracy theory, it's happening, or at least trying to.

I, am ME, and always will be "A", never a We...

Born equal to be different and the freedom to do so. Don't ever tell me how to be. I set my drum beat, mine never to pay for yours, you do that yourself and be You, just not on my dime.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:54 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,032,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyareno View Post
Those are the voters that Obama and the Democratic Party want on their side.

Exactly.

You can read all the left wingers post here who go out of their way to protect these people, defend them and believe they have the right to do whatever they want.

Operation round them up and deport them needs to begin.

When will we wake up and shut down our border completely and hunt down and deport every single one of these terrorist scumbags.

Thanks to Obama things are getting worse with this issue.

Remember when you vote folks, the democratic party loves these people.

Guess the Mexican criminals hate America like most democrats do.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:36 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Welcome to the United States of Mehico
correction
"un"United States of mehico

Old 08-01-2010, 07:46 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
That may very well be true....

However, there is a BIG difference when an American citizen exercises his or her right to free speech and our nation's flag becomes an unfortunate symbol of that discontent versus foreign nationals who come into this country illegally, demand that taxpaying citizens provide them with all that they need, while completely disrespecting the symbol of this country in a manner designed to cut right to the heart of every American for whom the stars and stripes represent everything good about this country.

They have NO right.
Kele,...............take a breath,...........I have watched your post and passion on this issue for a long time now.
Though I, you, we, dont like it, we are stuck with it in this country as well as outside this country.
The time will come where I believe they will get theirs as they are pushing to hard and to far..............Chin up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or