U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 07:50 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
You got some nerves trying to tell people that they had someone in their family that trampled the US flag. Are you serious? You think you know people's family more than them? How can you say that to someone?

Why do people talk out of their ass so much?
I think if you would open your eyes and read what I said it was a generational thing that occurred during the 70's I didn't say that YOU soedible or your specific family did that, it was a generalization of events that became history....

I was there, as I was in Nam, and yes I do have the nerve to say so..........

Speaking of talking out their ass with out reading what was written.....hello pot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 07:52 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It means one thing when our American citizens do it.

It means something totally different, when Mexicans and Central Americans do it.

How can you seriously confuse the two for the same thing, is beyond me.
whos confused..................the meaning is the same wither its Americans, mexicans, Iranians or Palestine's.........

Its extremely disrespectful and in our face..................so get bent bow

Old 08-01-2010, 08:14 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
whos confused..................the meaning is the same wither its Americans, mexicans, Iranians or Palestine's.........

Its extremely disrespectful and in our face..................so get bent bow
You obviously have no concept of what being an American is...

Old 08-01-2010, 08:53 PM

894 posts, read 950,183 times
I think you guys are being a bit hard on Convert 54. The way I read his post to mean, is that it doesn't matter what country you're from, what color you are, or what ethnicity you claim ... disrespecting the Flag is still disrespecting the Flag regardless of who's doing it.

THAT is what it means to be American! YOU stand up for your Country, and your Flag, no matter who it is that is disrespecting it.

He didn't say anywhere in any of his posts, that he was "OK" with anyone doing that to our Flag. He seems every bit as disgusted about this, as the rest of us.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:48 PM

4,802 posts, read 3,137,994 times
Our flag represents our country. If you don't like it, there are other options. I'm going to buy a bumper sticker that says, "Do an Illegal a favor. Buy him a one-way bus ticket". "Him" is gender-neutral.

YouTube - SB1070 Illegal alien supporters desecrate US Flag during National Anthem

Old 08-01-2010, 10:21 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,950,538 times
So at their NEXT protest they won't mind at all if we take a Mexican flag and write GO HOME ILLEGALS on it right?

Old 08-02-2010, 04:15 AM

894 posts, read 950,183 times
If these two guys from Canada can be charged with desecrating the US flag, why can't those illegal mexicans be charged with it too? Law enforcement was present, they saw the flag that those illegal mexicans had and that they had spray painted all over it. Why were there no arrests?

April 23, 2010 - Two face charges for allegedly desecrating U.S. flag during hockey prank

Old 08-02-2010, 05:49 AM

23,603 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
So at their NEXT protest they won't mind at all if we take a Mexican flag and write GO HOME ILLEGALS on it right?
Great idea. But we would probably be arrested for "hate crimes."

Old 08-02-2010, 09:06 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Flag desecration is the pinnacle of disrespect, whether done by a citizen or a foreigner. As much as I despise seeing citizens desecrating our flag, it’s even more infuriating to see foreigners displaying such insolence; particularly, foreign interlopers. Our country has been extremely generous to illegal aliens. What other country would offer them “free” organ transplants, kidney dialysis, food, shelter, and a K-12 education for their children? The least they can do is feign gratitude and respect. Likewise, I can say whatever I choose about my mother, but I’ll be damned if I‘ll allow anyone else.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:34 AM

16,685 posts, read 27,902,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
If these two guys from Canada can be charged with desecrating the US flag, why can't those illegal mexicans be charged with it too? Law enforcement was present, they saw the flag that those illegal mexicans had and that they had spray painted all over it. Why were there no arrests?

April 23, 2010 - Two face charges for allegedly desecrating U.S. flag during hockey prank
Double standard, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or