Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 05:15 PM

17 posts, read 11,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBeautyGoodness View Post
I had this explained to me by an Immigration Lawyer, and she says why the law is wrong is because

- Immigration is a matter of national security, not state.

- Arizona does not have the authority to deport anybody, so what are they going to do next after they arrest someone?

- It used to be

1.) Man gets pulled over for speeding.
2.) Asked for license.
3.) Doesn't have a license, so they check his status and realize he isn't a legal citizen.
4.) Then handed off to I.C.E. and later deported.

With Arizona its now.

1.) Man "for reasons other than skin color" gets asked for his legal documents.

Another problem with the law is that legal U.S. citizens in Arizona now have the ability to sue the state if its believed that they didn't work hard enough to purse a specific illegal immigrant.

"The Act also prohibits state, county, or local officials from limiting or restricting "the enforcement of federal immigration laws to less than the full extent permitted by federal law" and provides that any legal Arizona resident can sue such agencies or officials to compel such full enforcement. If the person who brings suit prevails, that person may be entitled to reimbursement of court costs and reasonable attorney fees."
Arizona didn't and dosen't make immigration laws. You fail to understand what they are doing.
Who are they supposed to stop anyway? All black people? All white people? All Asian people? It's not my fault that most illegals come from South America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 05:52 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,537,226 times
Quote:
So here is my question then. Without racial profiling, how is this law going to deport illegals any faster?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
No one has said nor claimed it would get them deported faster.
What has been said is that this help to stop them from infiltrating this country further and it will also serve as a deterrent.

These people are not worthy to be on our soil. If they were, they would do like some of the others do and do it legally. It is not ok to break the law.
It is a shame that, that has become so hard to comprehend in this country and that this country's citizens would accept anything less. Why would a citizen of this country want someone who defiles this country here to begin with? Beyond me......
Perhaps it is part of what some call the "dumbing down of America".
Your question does boggle the mind.

I just wanted to add this: I don't think this law was designed to deport the illegals any faster. I think AZ just wants to open the eyes of those too blind to see the problem as it is. This big stink about a law that copies federal law and really won't do much to get rid of illegals from the US has people talking all across the country.
One benefit AZ will reap is fewer illegals will stay in the state. They will probably move to a neighborhood near "you"* soon. Will your neighbors welcome them with open arms or will they follow federal law and give the law breaking illegals what they deserve? (Which is NOTHING!)
*general you

Old 08-01-2010, 05:55 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times
Quote:
I had this explained to me by an Immigration Lawyer, and she says why the law is wrong is because

- Arizona does not have the authority to deport anybody, so what are they going to do next after they arrest someone?

- It used to be

2.) Asked for license.
3.) Doesn't have a license, so they check his status and realize he isn't a legal citizen.

With Arizona its now.

Another problem with the law is that legal U.S. citizens in Arizona now have the ability to sue the state if its believed that they didn't work hard enough to purse a specific illegal immigrant.

"The Act also prohibits state, county, or local officials from limiting or restricting "the enforcement of federal immigration laws to less than the full extent permitted by federal law" and provides that any legal Arizona resident can sue such agencies or officials to compel such full enforcement. If the person who brings suit prevails, that person may be entitled to reimbursement of court costs and reasonable attorney fees."
Not only are you wrong about the Arizona Law, your comparison and bringing Iran into it is one of the stupidest things ive ever read on here. But I have a feeling you knew that before you hit Submit.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:01 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,031 times
Quote:

- It used to be

2.) Asked for license.

With Arizona its now.

Let's see if we can say this again but in a way that others can understand (not a direct reply to the post originator).

I'm ten years old and I live in my parent’s house. My parents, the ultimate ruler makers, tell me that no-one is allowed in the house unless they ask for permission and get approval directly from them. My older siblings agree and so do I. Well, one day a neighborhood kids is in my room chill'n on my bed watching my TV eating my snacks. I say, “HEY! Did you ask permission to be here?†He said, “no, the door was open so I just came in and if your gonna have these things laying around I’m gonna use/eat them.†I say, “You can’t do that; my parents said no one else can be in the house!†He says, “When they give me a ride home I’ll leave, it’s not this nice at my home, I think I’ll stay!â€
Mom, Dad, there’s a kid in my room using my things eating my food! Make him go home!†They say, “come on son, he doesn’t have the nice things you do so just leave him alone till its time for him to go. He can help around the house.â€â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦Two weeks later; “Mom, Dad, that kid is still here and his friends are here too, they’re wrecking my room and trashing my stuff! Would you please make then go home!!†They say, “Son, how many can there really be, two? They just want the good things in life and we have a little extra. We’ll post the house rules on the door so they can see them and then they will start to help around the house.â€â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..Two more weeks later; (the kid and his siblings) Mom, Dad, those kids have used up our things, there’re making a mess, we have to clean up and they don’t help with anything. They just complain about the mess THEY make and say we need to clean it up!" They say, “Okay, we’ll post a bigger sign and close the front door.â€â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦ Two more weeks, “Mom, Dad, these kids have broken the TV, ruined most of our stuff and since the front door is closed they are climbing though the windows please help! Please tell them to go home!†They say, “we told them not to come in if the door was closed. We’ll talk to them later and ask them not to come over anymore, okay!â€
After months of this the children who live in the house are finally feed up and say, “you folks can no longer come over here and you need to go home right now!†they reply, “RACIST!!â€
(Only to be grounded by there parents for being selfish spoiled little brats!)

Old 08-01-2010, 07:29 PM

301 posts, read 403,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Not only are you wrong about the Arizona Law, your comparison and bringing Iran into it is one of the stupidest things ive ever read on here. But I have a feeling you knew that before you hit Submit.
National Immigration policy is a federal issue, National Security is a federal issue.

For some reason, its acceptable for a state to handle one federal issue but not the other.
Of course the Iran comparison was extreme, but I made it so you would realize how ridiculous it is for states to get into federal business.

And could you be a tad more specific on how I'm wrong about the law?

Last edited by TruthBeautyGoodness; 08-01-2010 at 07:37 PM..

Old 08-01-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
Your question does boggle the mind.

I just wanted to add this: I don't think this law was designed to deport the illegals any faster. I think AZ just wants to open the eyes of those too blind to see the problem as it is. This big stink about a law that copies federal law and really won't do much to get rid of illegals from the US has people talking all across the country.
One benefit AZ will reap is fewer illegals will stay in the state. They will probably move to a neighborhood near "you"* soon. Will your neighbors welcome them with open arms or will they follow federal law and give the law breaking illegals what they deserve? (Which is NOTHING!)
*general you
So this law was one big publicity stunt?

Old 08-01-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechFreak View Post
Arizona didn't and dosen't make immigration laws. You fail to understand what they are doing.
Who are they supposed to stop anyway? All black people? All white people? All Asian people? It's not my fault that most illegals come from South America.
If Arizona doesn't make immigration laws, then what category does arizona immigration law sb1070 fall under?

Old 08-01-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
No one has said nor claimed it would get them deported faster.
What has been said is that this help to stop them from infiltrating this country further and it will also serve as a deterrent.

These people are not worthy to be on our soil. If they were, they would do like some of the others do and do it legally. It is not ok to break the law.
It is a shame that, that has become so hard to comprehend in this country and that this country's citizens would accept anything less. Why would a citizen of this country want someone who defiles this country here to begin with? Beyond me......
Perhaps it is part of what some call the "dumbing down of America".
Actually, immigration policy started to protect our economy, not that Mexicans are not "worthy" to be on holy American U.S. soil.

What is this, manifest destiny? I can't believe the arrogance of people in this country. We are all immigrants anyways. Everywhere you step in America is soil we stole from the NATIVE Americans.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:07 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
Quote:
Actually, immigration policy started to protect our economy, not that Mexicans are not "worthy" to be on holy American U.S. soil.

What is this, manifest destiny? I can't believe the arrogance of people in this country. We are all immigrants anyways. Everywhere you step in America is soil we stole from the NATIVE Americans.

You are getting more and more ridiculous......

No one is being arrogant. As citizens of this country, we are bound to obey the law. If we don't then we pay the price. It should be no different for some one who is not a citizen and is here illegally.

Breaking the law, is breaking the law...it doesn't matter who enforces it.

One point no one else has mentioned in addition to the points already made is the disease these illegals are bringing into this country. That is causing a lot of public health issues. IE: whooping cough, measles and TB.

You act as though these people are being harassed for doing nothing wrong whatsoever......they are breaking the law in OUR country by being here illegally, they are murdering OUR citizens. That is NOT what this country was founded upon and damn sure isn't what it/we deserve.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:10 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:

Ok, I'm done with this religious imbedded mess. Have fun.

On a side note, I saw this woman driving a Prius with God is great stickers and God25 or something plates pull over into a park that forbids smoking. She jumps out of her car and starts smoking upwind of a playground full of kids. A Parent said something to her and she was going off big time when I got in my truck and left. Religion, it is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration