U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 08:47 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBeautyGoodness View Post
I'm not going to lie, I'm 18 years old and I feel like I won this argument because everyone is starting to use ad hominems. Attacking my screen name? Really? I regret what I said about us all being immigrants, it was out of context and I wasn't making a case for amnesty.
You think people are making their case by irrelevant fact? What? Where? Except for the FACT that the original thread title is preposterous and absolutely ludicrous as well as wasting any basis for an adult debate?

Or perhaps your assumption all are Republican (typical classification for a future blame when you lose, again, the factual argument) versus Americans concerned with the well being and preservation of this Country, especially for the YOUTH of today because many really do know better than the idealistic sing songy "we are the world" mantra?

Nah, you're being paranoid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 09:13 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,859,367 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but what part of truth beauty or goodness can be described as bull sh*t?

Every post in this thread that's associated with that screen name.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I'm not going to lie, I'm 18 years old and I feel like I won this argument because everyone is starting to use ad hominems. Attacking my screen name? Really? I regret what I said about us all being immigrants, it was out of context and I wasn't making a case for amnesty.

Well that explains allot. Get back to us after you've been working for a living for ten years, gotten a clue as to what life is like beyond what your liberal high school teachers have rammed down your throat, matured allot, and switched to the Republican Party.

You feel like you've won this argument because you don't know any better.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:56 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
My son is also 18, and while intelligent and well-read, still has sooooo much to learn about life. Perhaps after you have worked, paid taxes, and discarded your rose-colored glasses and your PS3, you will have a better understanding of such issues as illegal immigration. However, I commend you for your involvement in the debate.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:29 PM

8,219 posts, read 11,248,855 times
Quote:
I'm simply making a case for respect for immigrants, not a case for amnesty.

that is where you are obviously confused......
you aren't discussing immigrants, you are discussing ILLEGAL immigrants.
HUGE difference, huge !!

Old 08-02-2010, 12:31 PM

8,219 posts, read 11,248,855 times
Quote:

18?
that explains a lot.........

and you haven't won anything at all, nothing to win.
Learn the history of this nation. The TRUE unedited history
get some life experience under your belt and then try this subject
again.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:41 PM

884 posts, read 1,463,407 times
Age is irrelevant if you're discussing with the right people..

Old 08-02-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVaz1009 View Post
Age is irrelevant if you're discussing with the right people..

Right- and TruthBeautyGoodness has clearly proven that she aint it.......

Old 08-02-2010, 06:31 PM

5,903 posts, read 6,352,776 times
Quote:
I had this explained to me by an Immigration Lawyer, and she says why the law is wrong is because

- Immigration is a matter of national security, not state.

- Arizona does not have the authority to deport anybody, so what are they going to do next after they arrest someone?

- It used to be

1.) Man gets pulled over for speeding.
2.) Asked for license.
3.) Doesn't have a license, so they check his status and realize he isn't a legal citizen.
4.) Then handed off to I.C.E. and later deported.
It still is....Arizona still as they have been turning over illegals to ICE.

Quote:
With Arizona its now.

1.) Man "for reasons other than skin color" gets asked for his legal documents.
If the officer cannot determine the identity, as they do with all persons stopped, They will not let you go until they can identify you. If they can't, then there must be a reason. Odds are they are wanted and gave a bogus name or it's because the are illegal.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:18 AM

69,372 posts, read 53,599,519 times
Quote:
I had this explained to me by an Immigration Lawyer, and she says why the law is wrong is because

- Immigration is a matter of national security, not state.

- Arizona does not have the authority to deport anybody, so what are they going to do next after they arrest someone?
Go back and tell your lawyer friend that
1) Arizona isnt making national security policy, they are making state fiscal policies
2) Arizona isnt deporting anyone.. They are turning the individuals over to the federal government to determine what to do with them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or