U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 09:19 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Aztlan? Mexico Taking over??
The only people who believes that junk are bored extremist college students, and you "anti-illegal".
You guys talk about it a lot more than any Latino I know.

And what do you know about numbers? You definitely feel like most latinos choose not to learn English, and do it on purpose as disrespect towards you. Because that's your preconceived notion of Hispanics based on your opinions.

I've seen you on the Mexico forum, and on there, you sound more open minded, and tolerant toward Hispanic culture and language.

On here, you sound like just another Latino-basher.

I don't really believe there is a pan-"hispanic culture" either. I like Mexico and the people there. I think Mexico has a very interesting history, a good Constitution, honest elections. I also know it's history is very different from ours. It has a different form of government and some things fit the culture and society of that country better than ours would.

I don't believe the "hispanic culture" of the Americans of the SW is exactly what you find in Mexico just like the culture of Puerto Rico and Cuba and Argentina aren't. I understand why some people choose a different label like "chicano" although that label isn't well-defined, because they don't view themselves as Mexican, they don't always identify with Mexico but as a people of the SW USA. Just like the old UFW was not a pro-illegal immigration group, because it was fighting for better wages and working conditions not worse.

I don't see unlimited, very massive emigration as beneficial to either nation. I don't think "remittance" families are a good thing at all. I know the Mexican government likes all that money being sent back, but I believe it's a terrible thing for a child to grow up never seeing his father or mother, where parenting is a monthly wire transfer of money and a phone call to say it's been made.

I see the illegals lined up at pay phones calling back home to their kids. I know many illegals have children back home who haven't seen them if 4, 5 or more years. I know many "forget" about the wife and kids usually after you see them with some woman on their arm.

Immigration should be legal, fair, and orderly. It should not be about a low wage earner sneaking his family over which will end up needing many government services because his employer brought him in to pay him dirt, it should not be about the break up of families. Employers who sponsor immigrants should provide them adequate and legal wages, health insurance benefits.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:19 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
South Baja has a HUGE meth issue now. We used to be able to safely stay on the hook overnight in the harbors but the thefts have driven everyone into the paid marinas with armed security.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:22 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabolissa View Post
The drug cartel which is supported 100% by American consumers...
That's not true. You seem to not realize that the same people commit extortion, weapons smuggling into Mexico, they are kidnapping for ransom, they hold up banks. They shake down schools, restaurants, nightclubs for "protection money", and meth is commonly sold on the streets of some Mexican cities. Many of the inhalant abusers you see over on the Mexican side are now into meth in a very big way.

There's little evidence that the over 5000 murdered in northern Mexico just in 2008 were all trafficking drugs into the USA.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:11 AM

1,636 posts, read 2,897,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is a fallacy that our educational system is bad in the example you stated.

The problem lies at home.

Why I say that is the Asian kids who have come here en masse tend to do quite well oftentimes not knowing a word of English at age 12. By age 18 said students usually speak unaccented English.

If the Asians can do it: why not the Latinos from Mexico? Racism is not an excuse being that most people of Mexican background are indeed at least part Asian themselves.
Links? Reason to make you believe this statement?

Proof that no Latinos are doing this as well?

Old 12-19-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
The ironic fact though is that at least 55% of the words from the English language come straight from Latin. So don't let anyone tell me that they can't learn English.
Do you know Spanish?

Old 12-19-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
And the irony is that Aztlan is a joke at best and a fraud at worst.

The reality is Spanish is a 'White man's' language which the conquistadors forced upon the Aztecs, etc.

Besides: the Aztecs never lived as far north as our Southwest.
You guys are the ones who believe in it more than anything!
You're defrauding yourselves, and those of us who don't take reconquista seriously at all are laughing at you guys.
Those people walking on the street with their signs warning of reconquista are the real joke.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
One thing the pro Hispanic/Spanish fans seem to overlook it that Spanish is a 'White man's' (Euro) language--------much like English. Yet the MEChA types embrace the tongue and an archaic version of the culture of those who beat and raped the Aztecs, etc.

Too; if the USA were to ever go Hispanic--------the Mestizos and Indians here and especially our American Blacks would suffer greatly due to the White supremacy of said culture.

In a weird way: I would have more respect for the La Raza people if they tried to adopt Nahautl instead.
Wow, you just blew my mind with all this groundbreaking information!

And your ignorance of Hispanic culture is sad. Why do you speak about things you don't really know about?

"And especially our American Blacks", . As if the United States is so much better. This is the running theme with all your posts. Vilifying and smearing Hispanic culture as if it's much better and right than evil and cruel Hispanic culture.

Racism exists in Latin America, like EVERYWHERE else in the world!
Even Africans hold prejudices against American Blacks. I wonder where all these places got the prejudices from..

The worse that happened in Latin America towards Blacks after the Spanish got kicked out, was some stereotypes and discrimination, which is unfortunate, but happens everywhere in this world against certain groups.

The United States had slaves(Latin countries didn't, the SPANISH did when they ruled over them), created many of the cruel stereotypes used by people around the world, and it's people formed their own groups to go around killing and harassing Blacks.

There is racism in Latin America, again, like in every country in this world including Britain, Canada, Australia, Japan, China, the Middle East, but I think racism in Latin America is a different animal than the kind of racism America had pre-1970s.

Exactly what do you think would happen to Mestizos, Indians, and American Blacks if the US were to "go Hispanic", because of the incredibly unique perceived "white supremacy" of the culture?

Old 12-19-2008, 11:31 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
And your ignorance of Hispanic culture is sad. Why do you speak about things you don't really know about?
And you think you know? LOLOLOLOLOL How sad.

He knows much more than you do. I know much more about the Hispanic culture than you do. I would say most people in the country know more than you about that particular culture. I am of Mexican descent, so I would say that I have intregal knowledge about that culture.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
And you think you know? LOLOLOLOLOL How sad.

He knows much more than you do. I know much more about the Hispanic culture than you do. I would say most people in the country know more than you about that particular culture. I am of Mexican descent, so I would say that I have intregal knowledge about that culture.
I am of Mexican descent, too . Open mouth, insert foot, get back to me later.

Opening your mouth before you know anything makes one look like an idiot.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:07 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
If English isn't important, then how do the ones refusing to learn it expect to get a drivers license? They need to know what the road signs say, or is that what the "icon" world is all about?

Oh. that's right.., they don't even need a license. They can drive without a license or insuance, go out on the freeway, cause a 5 car pile up, killing 4 of the other drivers, climb out of their wreck and walk away whistling.
Steal another car and start all over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or