U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-20-2008, 12:26 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,803,811 times
Reputation: 620

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
It's not the jobs that "require spanish" it's the monolingual idiots from SOB and latin America who the corporate masters consider too ignorant and stupid to learn anything above a 3rd grade level. They realize that for the majority of the peasants here illegally, learning English is an impossibility. Additionally, it allows them to keep them co-dependent and in bondage.

ENGLISH is a universal language and the language primarily spoken and used to transact business globally. Many of my neighbors are from Pakistan, India and China the majority of whom are professors, and scientist and are fluent in English and their native tongues. Your sad attempt to blame Americans for wanting those who are here illegally or as guest to at least learn OUR PRIMARY LANGUAGE is pathetic at best, and delusional ignorance at its worst. Other than those who choose to live in Mexico or latin America, do you really think the rest of the world will go out of its way to acquire the choppy, shrill, 3rd world dialect known as spanish?
You are such a hateful person, i really feel sorry for you.

 
Old 12-20-2008, 12:29 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,979 posts, read 30,245,890 times
Reputation: 17783
Speaking Spanish doesn't enrich our lives, it enriches the lives of everyone avoiding English in the Country founded on that vernacular.
 
Old 12-20-2008, 12:31 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,979 posts, read 30,245,890 times
Reputation: 17783
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You are such a hateful person, i really feel sorry for you.
Truth hurts doesn't it BK..... hey, that's synonomous for Burger King. The standard you use for your imaginary, menu driven legal system.


I'll take a big dose of tax payer social services, a large WIC and a side of free medical, wait throw in a super sized free education and hold the immigration raids. Please drive to the next window.
 
Old 12-20-2008, 12:48 PM
 
Location: San Francisco/Haarlem, NL
39 posts, read 129,230 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
ENGLISH is a universal language and the language primarily spoken and used to transact business globally. Many of my neighbors are from Pakistan, India and China the majority of whom are professors, and scientist and are fluent in English and their native tongues. Your sad attempt to blame Americans for wanting those who are here illegally or as guest to at least learn OUR PRIMARY LANGUAGE is pathetic at best, and delusional ignorance at its worst. Other than those who choose to live in Mexico or latin America, do you really think the rest of the world will go out of its way to acquire the choppy, shrill, 3rd world dialect known as spanish?
Your neighbors, who are professors and scientists, most likely come from upper class families and have been fortunate enough to receive a good education. If you want to use this example, I worked with MANY Mexican people in The Netherlands that not only spoke fluent English and Dutch, but also several other languages. We can find examples for every culture.

Of course English is a universal language. But so is Spanish. Ascribing Spanish as a third world dialect is ignorant and laughable. I guess because Mexico and Latin America aren't "affluent" nations, their language is "3rd world dialect"?!. Spanish is probably the most useful international language, second to English, when in a different country. Don't confuse the Spanish language with your hatred for Mexican nationals.
 
Old 12-20-2008, 12:57 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,918,757 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by lekker View Post
Your neighbors, who are professors and scientists, most likely come from upper class families and have been fortunate enough to receive a good education. If you want to use this example, I worked with MANY Mexican people in The Netherlands that not only spoke fluent English and Dutch, but also several other languages. We can find examples for every culture.

Of course English is a universal language. But so is Spanish. Ascribing Spanish as a third world dialect is ignorant and laughable. I guess because Mexico and Latin America aren't "affluent" nations, their language is "3rd world dialect"?!. Spanish is probably the most useful international language, second to English, when in a different country. Don't confuse the Spanish language with your hatred for Mexican nationals.
Don't twist my words to suit your needs. When it comes to illegal aliens, I detest them all, no matter what ethnicity they happen to be. It just so happens that the majority of them squatting in, financially draining, physically and culturally destroying America are mexican. As for your comment with regards to the Netherlands, and spanish please provide a link or something other than your opinion to back that up. Thank you in advance.
 
Old 12-20-2008, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,708,006 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by lekker View Post
Your neighbors, who are professors and scientists, most likely come from upper class families and have been fortunate enough to receive a good education. If you want to use this example, I worked with MANY Mexican people in The Netherlands that not only spoke fluent English and Dutch, but also several other languages. We can find examples for every culture.

Of course English is a universal language. But so is Spanish. Ascribing Spanish as a third world dialect is ignorant and laughable. I guess because Mexico and Latin America aren't "affluent" nations, their language is "3rd world dialect"?!. Spanish is probably the most useful international language, second to English, when in a different country. Don't confuse the Spanish language with your hatred for Mexican nationals.
Outside of most of Latin American and, of course, Spain...........Spanish is an extremely provincial language. French is another one.

English; OTOH is used/understood almost everywhere in varying degrees.
 
Old 12-20-2008, 01:21 PM
 
Location: San Francisco/Haarlem, NL
39 posts, read 129,230 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
As for your comment with regards to the Netherlands, and spanish please provide a link or something other than your opinion to back that up. Thank you in advance.
I don't have a link, only real world experience. Is it so hard for you to believe that there are successful Mexican nationals in The Netherlands? I have two very good friends from Mexico, living in Holland, that speak 4-5 languages each.
 
Old 12-20-2008, 01:34 PM
 
Location: San Francisco/Haarlem, NL
39 posts, read 129,230 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Outside of most of Latin American and, of course, Spain...........Spanish is an extremely provincial language. French is another one.

English; OTOH is used/understood almost everywhere in varying degrees.
We have established that English is universally understood. My point is that so is Spanish. For people that like to explore the world, where not EVERYONE
speaks English, Spanish is the next most useful language, at least in the west.
 
Old 12-20-2008, 01:37 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,707,438 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lekker View Post
We have established that English is universally understood. My point is that so is Spanish. For people that like to explore the world, where not EVERYONE
speaks English, Spanish is the next most useful language, at least in the west.
The western what? The only places where Spanish would be the most useful tongue are the Meso and South American countries along with Spain.

While in Europe, I found that the most frequently spoken language, other than English, was French. Most Brits, residents of Switzerland and Belgium, and many Italians speak French, a language that also comes in handy in many parts of Canada and of course, France.
 
Old 12-20-2008, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,708,006 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by lekker View Post
We have established that English is universally understood. My point is that so is Spanish. For people that like to explore the world, where not EVERYONE
speaks English, Spanish is the next most useful language, at least in the west.
Frankly; I have no desire to visit Latin America up to and including Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top