U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2008, 02:35 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
With the grown exodus of (mostly) Hispanics from the USA; legal as well as illegal----------Spanish is fading in importance as we speak.
The only people who felt spanish was important in the US were the corporate slave masters who needed to keep their cheap illegal alien slaves stupid and incoherent, and the illegals who are too stupid to learn anything that doesn't advance their criminal intentions.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:38 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lekker View Post
I don't have a link, only real world experience. Is it so hard for you to believe that there are successful Mexican nationals in The Netherlands? I have two very good friends from Mexico, living in Holland, that speak 4-5 languages each.
I think just about everyone has an example of someone who speaks 4 or 5 languages. My wife speaks 5 languages. So what. This does not mean that all or even most Thai people also speak 5 languages.
My real world experience. US Navy traveled all over the world. After the Navy I still travel. I have met many Europeans that only spoke their native tongue. So what... If they choose not to travel outside of their country no harm no foul. The fact is that most Americans do not travel outside of the continental United states. They just don't feel the need to be bi-lingual. I have posted the thread already so look it up, but only about 25% of all americans have a valid passport. This indicates that americans quite honestly don't have a great need for bi-lingual abilities. I speak Thai and some japanese, Tagalog and german. I learned because I wanted to. I once entertained the idea of learning spanish. Not anymore. I am sick of the pandering to the hispanic crowd.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:38 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The only people who felt spanish was important in the US were the corporate slave masters who needed to keep their cheap illegal alien slaves stupid and incoherent, and the illegals who are too stupid to learn anything that doesn't advance their criminal intentions.
Orrr just sell stuff to them.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:41 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuquiyu View Post
Is that your wish list for Santa Claus..... Ha, Ha, Ha........
http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...us-mexico.html

Yup.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:43 PM

78 posts, read 121,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
With the grown exodus of (mostly) Hispanics from the USA; legal as well as illegal----------Spanish is fading in importance as we speak.
How do you know this??? ... another couple of people told you so???... ha,ha,ha..

Old 12-20-2008, 02:49 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Then people from Mexico have the capabilities of learning English and successfully assimilating into American society.
Of course they do. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a link to verify his opinion, so we just have to take his word for that lie.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:51 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
Quote:
Of course they do. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a link to verify his opinion, so we just have to take his word for that lie.
Mexicans in Holland are obviously going to be educated. What? Can't believe Mexicans are educated?
Just dumb animals, aren't they?

Oh, C.B....

Old 12-20-2008, 03:00 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Mexicans in Holland are obviously going to be educated. What? Can't believe Mexicans are educated?
Just dumb animals, aren't they?
I think it is safe to say that many many Mexicans are well educated. But those well educated mexicans do not represent the majority of illegals do they. There in is the problem. We are over run with under educated low skilled illegals who are in fact taking jobs away from our own low skilled population. I know for a fact that there are highly educated Mexicans. My Plant manager and 3 or 4 others in the mill transfered from Mexico to our mill. They are not the problem or the issue. Its the millions who came here without VISA's who are the problem.
Build the wall secure the border and hammer employers of illegals deport the illegals as they are caught. Problem solved.
No need to learn spanish. But americans should be more open minded about learning a second language. Knowledge is power.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:20 PM

39 posts, read 128,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I think just about everyone has an example of someone who speaks 4 or 5 languages.
This is the point I am trying to make. Look at my comments in their original context.

The OP indicated that people from Mexico do not want to learn English, and gave an example of her immigrant neighbors, from India and Pakistan, who are scientists and speak fluent English. In her mind, why don't all Mexican people?

My point was, there are also affluent Mexican people that not only speak English, but have taken the time to learn a Germanic language such as Dutch.

It is a matter of socio-economic circumstances, not nationality.

It is not imperative to speak other languages, it does enrich one's life though.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:33 PM

78 posts, read 121,305 times
Quote:
Lady, lady... what can I say?,..... the biggest criminals of all are home brewed, right out of the radical extremist population, like the one you represent, what about timothy mcveigh, jim jones, all serial killers, the pedophyles, to mention a few,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or