U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2008, 05:04 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,311,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Ridiculous. Without any bias, Spanish is much more relevant to the United States than German.

Many terms in science are based off Greek or Latin, the latter of which Spanish is derived from.

English is the more important language of the Germanic languages. There is a much larger Spanish speaking population than a German one.
I think you just picked the first language you could think of to knock on Spanish(why, if you're just against immigration).
Your claims are baseless.
Nope, my claims are spot on and that is why they bother you so much. It has nothing to do with how big the Spanish population is. It has to do with what is necessary for our country.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If working with clients in Latin America--------or, any other non English nation..........common sense indeed dictates that company liasons (sp) there speak the local language.
Yes, and of course her/his reply to me was not based on what I meant at all. What I said was based on facts and not companies who need employess who work in another country.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:08 AM

161 posts, read 367,027 times
america is now the weaker country as we have to be a 'good and tolerant nation' and let everyone TELL us what they want us to do.grrr!!!!
plus- wake up!
we are going to be 'merging' with mexico and canada.
read what is really happening that the media covers up for us sheeples.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
I do not see Spanish being forced on anyone.
Then you do not see very much at all because it has been happening in this country all over. I guess that you didn't know about Texas telling certain schools that all teachers and principles they must learn Spanish or lose their jobs. There are many more instances like that one and they happen all over this country and it is wrong. It would help that when you make statemens that you would actually know what you are saying.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Hell, if I knew I could immigrate to Canada and have free everything given to me when I get there, I’d be there in a heartbeat. Only an idiot wouldn’t. So, rather than crying about what language someone speaks, why don’t you see want you can do to ‘close the gate’?

By the way, I sure hate to read the word 'assimilate.' That word is responsible for some of the most heartbreaking, terrifying, and brutal chapters of history.
I have morals and would not go to another country just to STEAL what I had no right to. That would be the difference between you and many of us. It has nothing to do with idiocy. It does have to do with having morals and respecting the laws of any country.

BTW, I personally do not care that the word assimilate bothers you. It is a word and it is not responsible for anything. It is a word and nothing more.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:30 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,794,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Nope, my claims are spot on and that is why they bother you so much. It has nothing to do with how big the Spanish population is. It has to do with what is necessary for our country.
Spot on with nothing to back it up.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Spot on with nothing to back it up.
If you ever did some research you would know what I posted was truth. You apparently would rather live in a La La land and believe only what the MSM tells you or what you mistakenly believe.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:16 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesheba View Post
america is now the weaker country as we have to be a 'good and tolerant nation' and let everyone TELL us what they want us to do.grrr!!!!
plus- wake up!
we are going to be 'merging' with mexico and canada.
read what is really happening that the media covers up for us sheeples.
Try again:

We are still by far the strongest country in North America. Canada's population is less than that of the state of California. As for Mexico; that nation is a basketcase at best.

As for the putative 'merger'...............remember Manifest Destiny? That the USA would run from Yukon to the Yucatan..........which is growing increasingly plausible as we speak.

Canada is in danger of breaking up courtesy of the childish mentality of Quebec. As for Mexico............suffice to say------------we may have to pick up the pieces of that shattered land once its (possible) civil war is over.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:19 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I have morals and would not go to another country just to STEAL what I had no right to. That would be the difference between you and many of us. It has nothing to do with idiocy. It does have to do with having morals and respecting the laws of any country.

BTW, I personally do not care that the word assimilate bothers you. It is a word and it is not responsible for anything. It is a word and nothing more.
What does offend me is when a bunch of newcomers here whine about 'cultural genocide'---------which is a direct slap at assimilation.

If the USA is such an evil, racist place-----------said ingrates can turn around and head back home

Old 12-22-2008, 09:08 AM

32,823 posts, read 30,083,197 times
If Mexico has a Civil war it will be interesting to see who stands and fights and who loses spine and tries to flee here. One thing for certain, our boys will be arm to arm on the Southern border to prevent such a mass exodus. 15 million at one time would bankrupt any govt aid possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or