U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 09:30 AM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,466,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
Nice copy and paste!! Don't belive a word of it.
Why don't you email the USA government They can tell you. ENGLISH is not the #1 language in the world.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:31 AM

78 posts, read 180,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Neither did the Aztecs, etc. say no when the Hispanics came here and conquered them.

Nor did weaker 'indigenous' groups say no to the Aztecs when the latter decided they needed some 'volunteers' to give up their (still beating) hearts.

That 'race card' does not work using the American Indian excuse. The Euros; both Anglo and Hispanic were simply a bigger, badder group of 'Indians'. I am not saying such behavior would be acceptable by today's standards--------but, it sure was OK 400-500 years ago.

The past is just that: it cannot be changed.
Well, its does not make sense that the bigger indian gets to conquer and rule over others and then decide later that they made a huge mistake (talk about genocide) and tell themselves its okay. People til this day who are in control fear those who could overpower and become control. Hence why majority of the general public fear the neighbors to the south of us. To get in this country is hard as hell if you are a minority. I think the whole immigration process is rigged. Unless someone can provide me with facts.

Let us all look at the big picture. The past can't be swept underneath a rug. Wait! That's what we as Americans do . (Just trying to open people's mind to let them look at the perspectives from those who are rarely out-spoken about.)

God Bless Obama!

Old 12-27-2008, 09:32 AM
ECG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Para poder comprender lo que estan diciendo los otros Americanos que hablan espanol. Puede ser algo importante, tonto o simplemente algo comico.
Pero si tu no hablas Espanol, nunca lo vas a saber.
Or la respuesta numero uno, so you can watch Amigas y Rivales. That's my favorite Mexican soap.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:33 AM

78 posts, read 180,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECG1951 View Post
Why don't you email the USA government They can tell you. ENGLISH is not the #1 language in the world.
Thanks ECG1951, but the government is operated by majority English backgrounds and speakers. They'll tell their constituents whatever to make them feel safe.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:56 AM

10,336 posts, read 9,982,800 times
Quote:

PLUS...here you all are speaking about 2 different subjects...

1 is the Illegal immigration

2 is if they should speak the language.

One thing has nothing to do with the other!!

Yeah! I was beginning to wonder if anyone else besides me understood that. That makes two of us. I guess it's a start.

Quote:
IS always SMART for a person of any nationality to be BILINGUAL!!
True, but it really needs to be by choice in a monolingual society such as ours. You have to want to do it. After teaching college-level remedial math for the last 15 years, God knows I understand that! If my students actually WANTED to learn math, they could do it in about 10% of the time it typically takes them. You have to be somewhat passionate about learning a language. It's a huge undertaking. You are introducing into your brain a completely different way of thinking. I find it fascinating, but if one is not interested in language learning, itís just pure hell and largely a waste of time (unless you are moving abroad).

Old 12-27-2008, 10:17 AM
ECG

Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
Well what the heck!! One word two words whatís the difference?? Illegalís all say pretty much the same things in Spanish anyway.. If I see one yelling as heís running down the street with my car stereoÖ Iím pretty sure I know what heís saying.. ďThank YouĒ!!
I have a ?, And what makes you think all Illegals speak only Spanish?

I have come across Illegals who speak, CREOLE, Some speak GERMAN, and lots of them speak CHINESE..so why do you only THINK of Illegals as spanish speakers????

Old 12-27-2008, 10:33 AM
ECG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yeah! I was beginning to wonder if anyone else besides me understood that. That makes two of us. I guess it's a start.

Hope so!! I

True, but it really needs to be by choice in a monolingual society such as ours. You have to want to do it. After teaching college-level remedial math for the last 15 years, God knows I understand that! If my students actually WANTED to learn math, they could do it in about 10% of the time it typically takes them. You have to be somewhat passionate about learning a language. It's a huge undertaking. You are introducing into your brain a completely different way of thinking. I find it fascinating, but if one is not interested in language learning, itís just pure hell and largely a waste of time (unless you are moving abroad).

I understand perfectly that it needs to be by CHOICE..I have nothing against that. I think everyone who lives in the United States should learn English.

Did you know, that around the United States they are now are trying to get the children to learn Mandarin? That is the up-coming language!

Fortunatly for me, when I came to this country I already spoke English.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:34 AM

10,336 posts, read 9,982,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoPlanner View Post
Let us all look at the big picture. The past can't be swept underneath a rug. Wait! That's what we as Americans do .
Take all the horrible things that have occurred throughout history. Okay, now, how many of those horrible things are you personally responsible for? In case you are having trouble, the answer is ZERO (nada ).

I have nothing (nor do you) to sweep under the rug, unless itís something that I (or you) have personally done in my (your) own life that Iím (youíre) not proud of. I have never understood the mentality of 'apologizing' for something that occurred before I was born. That is an absolutely ridiculous notion! Itís BS.

Twelve hundred years ago my ancestors (Vikings) where pillaging, plundering, raping and terrorizing much of Europe. Am I going to apologize for that? Hell no. Not unless I was there! And unless Iíve been alive for over a millennium, I couldnít have been. By not apologizing for that, am I Ďsweeping it under the rugí? No. Do I feel good about what they did? No. But I am not them.

Are there historic events to feel bad (or shameful) or about? Yes. To think about? Yes. To learn from? Yes. To do our best to not repeat? Yes. To apologize for? HELL NO.

As ArizonaBear mentioned earlier, the past is the past. Itís gone. And I wasnít there. Neither were you. Why in Godís name should you feel responsible for any of it? Sheesh! I hope that took a load off your mind. If it did and you feel appreciative, I do have a PayPal account. Iím not a therapist, but Iím glad I could help!

Old 12-27-2008, 10:41 AM
ECG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Take all the horrible things that have occurred throughout history. Okay, now, how many of those horrible things are you personally responsible for? In case you are having trouble, the answer is ZERO (nada ).

I have nothing (nor do you) to sweep under the rug, unless itís something that I (or you) have personally done in my (your) own life that Iím (youíre) not proud of. I have never understood the mentality of 'apologizing' for something that occurred before I was born. That is an absolutely ridiculous notion! Itís BS.

Twelve hundred years ago my ancestors (Vikings) where pillaging, plundering, raping and terrorizing much of Europe. Am I going to apologize for that? Hell no. Not unless I was there! And unless Iíve been alive for over a millennium, I couldnít have been. By not apologizing for that, am I Ďsweeping it under the rugí? No. Do I feel good about what they did? No. But I am not them.

Are there historic events to feel bad (or shameful) or about? Yes. To think about? Yes. To learn from? Yes. To do our best to not repeat? Yes. To apologize for? HELL NO.

As ArizonaBear mentioned earlier, the past is the past. Itís gone. And I wasnít there. Neither were you. Why in Godís name should you feel responsible for any of it? Sheesh! I hope that took a load off your mind. If it did and you feel appreciative, I do have a PayPal account. Iím not a therapist, but Iím glad I could help!

100% in agreement with you!!

I also have a paypal account LOL..and I am not a therapist!!

Old 12-27-2008, 10:43 AM
ECG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoPlanner View Post
Thanks ECG1951, but the government is operated by majority English backgrounds and speakers. They'll tell their constituents whatever to make them feel safe.
Sorry, I do not agree with you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or