U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 06:11 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Hm, that's weird. Why would someone illegal be cleaner or dirtier than a documentado?

I had worked in the restaurant industry for 25 years. I can guarantee you that a kitchen full of Mexican cooks is to be leery of. The last restaurant I walked off the job after 16 years. Why because I got sick of the cooks serving food that was bad, picking food off the floor and putting it right back on the grill (after wiping it on their pants) and the last straw was when a manager took an insert of shrimp off the line because it was spoiled and threw it is the trash. The wonderful Mexican lead cook went to the trash and dug the shrimp out, splashed it briefly under the water and proceeded to serve it to the customers. Upper management would do nothing.

This was a fine dining establishment and I did not eat there for the entire 16 years. Itís not just fast food restaurants you must worry about its any restaurant that employees Mexicans.

There are some exceptions but in my experience they are few. My favorite restaurant in Sacramento was a Mexican restaurant. I knew the owner and he was a fanatic about food quality and cleanliness.

Now I will not eat in any restaurant unless the kitchen is visible.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:23 PM

7,139 posts, read 12,892,377 times
Third world hygiene (or lack thereof) just not to my liking, especially when it comes to food handling.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:26 PM

105 posts, read 291,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
That's good to know... I speak german, of course, being from Germany. When I came over here with my husband (who is from the US), I had to fill out tons and tons of paperwork, go to doctor's for check ups, my husband had to prove he would "support" me financially and there was even something in the papers about me not being eligible for any financial aid, not that I never needed it. So it really ticks me off when I as a legal resident get to pay over $200 just to renew my green card, paid several hundreds years ago, to get it to begin with and here these people just come illegally expecting the tax payers to take care of them. From the very start I spoke and wrote english. I guess I should have come over here exepecting everyone to speak german, LOL, too funny! But that is what we are expected to do for hispanics? It's just a bit ridiculous and I am a "liberal". I say, no way, learn english.... everyone from Europe and other countries has to learn english if they come here to live.
Thank you very much for stating a point that had been easily missed the whole time in this discussion.My grandparents, one from Russia and one from germany came here and had to learn the language and were treated like any other worker, nobody was made to learn their language, if they wanted to work here they had to learn english.
The thing that really gets me heated is that i live in phoenix arizona and i see the illegals everyday, maybe just maybe if they stayed in their country and fought for a better life maybe they could turn the country around.It makes me mad because the illegals come here and some get caught , so what do we do, we give them food , water, medical attention and then ship them back in a few days or weeks.
You know what happens to me if i illegally cross their border if i dont get shot on sight, they lock me up in a mexican cell somewhere and maybe my family will see me again or maybe not.
My wife has severe spina bifida and cant get anyone to give her a job because she cant stand for more than 1-2 hours and the she has tried with her doctors help to be qualified as disabled but they wont.I have to find ways to get her the pills, she needs sometimes 2 percosets a day just so she can sleep.I cant get free medical attention for her but some illegal can try and walk across a desert in 120 degree heat and be treatd for free or should i say compliments of who else" us the tax payers".All i have to say is "thank you Arizona for being so considerate of the true americans that would die for this country, all the illegals do is suck off the system".These people are the reason that are senior citizens cant get health care or meds at a decent price.Oh yeah and this wonderful thing called social security, well it aint going to be around when most of us are old enough to get it!
I love my country but someboby has to stop immigration and now.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan k View Post
Thank you very much for stating a point that had been easily missed the whole time in this discussion.My grandparents, one from Russia and one from germany came here and had to learn the language and were treated like any other worker, nobody was made to learn their language, if they wanted to work here they had to learn english.
The thing that really gets me heated is that i live in phoenix arizona and i see the illegals everyday, maybe just maybe if they stayed in their country and fought for a better life maybe they could turn the country around.It makes me mad because the illegals come here and some get caught , so what do we do, we give them food , water, medical attention and then ship them back in a few days or weeks.
You know what happens to me if i illegally cross their border if i dont get shot on sight, they lock me up in a mexican cell somewhere and maybe my family will see me again or maybe not.
My wife has severe spina bifida and cant get anyone to give her a job because she cant stand for more than 1-2 hours and the she has tried with her doctors help to be qualified as disabled but they wont.I have to find ways to get her the pills, she needs sometimes 2 percosets a day just so she can sleep.I cant get free medical attention for her but some illegal can try and walk across a desert in 120 degree heat and be treatd for free or should i say compliments of who else" us the tax payers".All i have to say is "thank you Arizona for being so considerate of the true americans that would die for this country, all the illegals do is suck off the system".These people are the reason that are senior citizens cant get health care or meds at a decent price.Oh yeah and this wonderful thing called social security, well it aint going to be around when most of us are old enough to get it!
I love my country but someboby has to stop immigration and now.

Try this prescription drug help

and this

Partnership for Prescription Assistance

Hopefully you can get some help.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:22 PM

Thank you.It just really irks me how we have some people that feel we should help illegals but do they forget we have people of our own that need this countries help and they cant get it.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan k View Post
Thank you.It just really irks me how we have some people that feel we should help illegals but do they forget we have people of our own that need this countries help and they cant get it.

All the money we spend on illegals and immigration could be spent on people here, American citizens. They would let us die first.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:57 PM

Exactly! People like sally struthers whining about disease and starvation all over africa, well im sorry i do feel for these people but we have our own problems here,Yeah there are those in this country that dont deserve help like the people thank drank or the ones that did drugs so much that they lost everything they had, but what about the mother that the only reason she is in a shelter or on the streets with her 3 kids because the oldman drank them to poverty and in order for her to go to work it would cost more for daycare than she would make.
There are people out there that dont want to be where they are and they do need and deserve our help and there are also the ones out there that dont want to stop doping and drinking.Lets say this" hire an illegal so you can make more by paying them less money and we will just throw another true american to the streets".Big companies only worry about how much money they can clear and not who they are hurting by hiring ilegal workers.
Instead of just fining employers caught hiring illegals , the government should confiscate the business and put a government employee in charge and put our people back to work with decent wages.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:02 PM

8,376 posts, read 27,207,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I had worked in the restaurant industry for 25 years. I can guarantee you that a kitchen full of Mexican cooks is to be leery of. The last restaurant I walked off the job after 16 years. Why because I got sick of the cooks serving food that was bad, picking food off the floor and putting it right back on the grill (after wiping it on their pants) and the last straw was when a manager took an insert of shrimp off the line because it was spoiled and threw it is the trash. The wonderful Mexican lead cook went to the trash and dug the shrimp out, splashed it briefly under the water and proceeded to serve it to the customers. Upper management would do nothing.

This was a fine dining establishment and I did not eat there for the entire 16 years. Itís not just fast food restaurants you must worry about its any restaurant that employees Mexicans.

There are some exceptions but in my experience they are few. My favorite restaurant in Sacramento was a Mexican restaurant. I knew the owner and he was a fanatic about food quality and cleanliness.

Now I will not eat in any restaurant unless the kitchen is visible.

I am going to have to agree with you on that one big time! Have you noticed how high the Hepatitis A rates are in counties where a large number of Illegals are working kitchens?

Viral Hepatitis A

There aren't many illegals working the kitchens in my area, and restaurants around me tend to be pretty clean and well run.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:30 PM

52 posts, read 119,302 times
as the Duke would say...
Attached Thumbnails
Why do i need to speak spanish !-duke.jpg  

Old 06-28-2007, 08:33 PM

7,139 posts, read 12,892,377 times
and the other Duke! Who has had first hand experience with hepatitis and TB....

bushlibrary.tamu.edu/.../texan.php?id=107
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or