U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2009, 12:35 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
you are so obssesed with cultural traits of cultures that you don't seem to know much about, why don't you make it easy to yourself and define what an average american is, is it closer to an african american from the south,
an oriental from SF, a hispanic from anywhere in the U.S. or an english descendant in a trailer park, or abandoned on the streets by their family.What could be deceiving here?????
American culture is essentially an offshoot of English culture with its First World mores. Read that a relative lack of deceit, machismo, a belief in education, sobriety, etc.

If anything: modern Spanish culture is closer to ours than average Mexican is to the former.

Bottom line: if so-called 'Hispanic' culture is so damn great: why are we flooded with those criminals from (mostly) Latin America?

Old 02-07-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
When someone asks me a question in Spanish directly (no English), I'll always answer back in Chinese.. if they expect me to know their language, I'll expect them to know mine.
Priceless comeback!

Old 02-07-2009, 12:45 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabolissa View Post
Uh, I don't know. Do white skinheads generally hate other white people?
skin heads pretty much hate everyone except other skin heads. A friend of mine lives in a rather harsh part of town. It was 630 am and he heard a car squeel around the corner then slam into the curb. My buddy went out to see if the guy was ok and the guy got out and wanted to fight him. Yep, skinhead.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:53 PM

197 posts, read 231,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
American culture is essentially an offshoot of English culture with its First World mores. Read that a relative lack of deceit, machismo, a belief in education, sobriety, etc.

If anything: modern Spanish culture is closer to ours than average Mexican is to the former.

Bottom line: if so-called 'Hispanic' culture is so damn great: why are we flooded with those criminals from (mostly) Latin America?
Your assumptions are irrelevant, the same can be said about latin culture,
you claim that sobriety is an anglo thing??????, we have the largest number of drug and alcohol addicts in the world, education?? have you ever seen the Jay walk???, LOL

Old 02-07-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Your assumptions are irrelevant, the same can be said about latin culture,
you claim that sobriety is an anglo thing??????, we have the largest number of drug and alcohol addicts in the world, education?? have you ever seen the Jay walk???, LOL
If you are so annoyed with American culture: warts and all; do us all a favor and move to another nation where you would be happier.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:40 PM

197 posts, read 231,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If you are so annoyed with American culture: warts and all; do us all a favor and move to another nation where you would be happier.
I love all the cultures in America, you, however, seem to have aproblem with a lot of issues....

Old 02-07-2009, 09:54 PM

5,412 posts, read 6,213,551 times
You're right, this is America, and EVERYONE needs to speak or atleast understand english!

I'm getting sick & tired of these hispanics who've been living here for 5-10 years and they don't make the effort of learning atleast 30 freaking words of english! .

if the government doesn't do something quick about this issue, America will turn into a 3rd world country!

Old 02-08-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
I love all the cultures in America, you, however, seem to have aproblem with a lot of issues....
Illegal aliens I do have a problem with---------they need to be treated as the criminals they are. If that offends you------------tough!

Next!

Old 02-09-2009, 11:52 AM

43 posts, read 45,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
You're right, this is America, and EVERYONE needs to speak or atleast understand english!

I'm getting sick & tired of these hispanics who've been living here for 5-10 years and they don't make the effort of learning atleast 30 freaking words of english! .

if the government doesn't do something quick about this issue, America will turn into a 3rd world country!
So, do like I did, learn Spanish, it is very usefull now, and more so in the future, I agree that our standard of living is going down but not because
of the migrant workers.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuita View Post
So, do like I did, learn Spanish, it is very usefull now, and more so in the future, I agree that our standard of living is going down but not because
of the migrant workers.
And the illegal migrant workers are fleeing the USA in droves

Good riddance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or