U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 01:13 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,228,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And the illegal migrant workers are fleeing the USA in droves

Good riddance!
IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Old 02-09-2009, 01:16 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,228,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuita View Post
So, do like I did, learn Spanish, it is very usefull now, and more so in the future, I agree that our standard of living is going down but not because
of the migrant workers.
I'm Hispanic-American, i know both languages, what i'm saying is that FOB hispanics NEED to make the effort of atleast learning and understanding ENGLISH, this is AMERICA! not their Homelands!, English is very important if you want to survive in this country, not Spanish!.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:00 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
I'm Hispanic-American, i know both languages, what i'm saying is that FOB hispanics NEED to make the effort of atleast learning and understanding ENGLISH, this is AMERICA! not their Homelands!, English is very important if you want to survive in this country, not Spanish!.
As you stated.

And the illegal aliens from SOB are an insult to Americans of 'Hispanic' lineage as well.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:27 PM

1,087 posts, read 2,347,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If you are so annoyed with American culture: warts and all; do us all a favor and move to another nation where you would be happier.
Is that the best you could do? I am disapointed ArizonaBear. Stop fighting and give up. Whether you like it or not, the USA will eventually be a billingual nation, where if you don't speak Spanish, you won't get a decent job. Nothing to do with immigrants. It is all about globalization. Who knows, maybe Chinese will also be required. I know, the hairs in the back of your neck must be up......don't be afraid, we won't bite.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
You're right, this is America, and EVERYONE needs to speak or atleast understand english!

I'm getting sick & tired of these hispanics who've been living here for 5-10 years and they don't make the effort of learning atleast 30 freaking words of english! .

if the government doesn't do something quick about this issue, America will turn into a 3rd world country!
What has the ability of speaking a second language has to do with American turning into a 3rd world country? I know of plenty of countries where speaking a second or third language is a an asset, not a burden. Have you been to Europe?

Old 02-09-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Is that the best you could do? I am disapointed ArizonaBear. Stop fighting and give up. Whether you like it or not, the USA will eventually be a billingual nation, where if you don't speak Spanish, you won't get a decent job. Nothing to do with immigrants. It is all about globalization. Who knows, maybe Chinese will also be required. I know, the hairs in the back of your neck must be up......don't be afraid, we won't bite.
In time; we will become 'bilingual', but that second language will not Spanish. If anything; as the illegal aliens (most of whom are indeed some variety of Hispanic) leave the USA---------Spanish will continue to decline in importance.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
What has the ability of speaking a second language has to do with American turning into a 3rd world country? I know of plenty of countries where speaking a second or third language is a an asset, not a burden. Have you been to Europe?
Hell: English is growing in importance------------unless a government tries to block it. Quebec comes to mind.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:49 PM

32,933 posts, read 30,188,716 times
I don't care if people don't want to learn English here, someone has to dig the ditches, empty trash cans and scrub the toilets

Unless you are a diplomat most jobs that don't require English are bottom feeder jobs. Have at it, that won't change for a long, long time.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I don't care if people don't want to learn English here, someone has to dig the ditches, empty trash cans and scrub the toilets

Unless you are a diplomat most jobs that don't require English are bottom feeder jobs. Have at it, that won't change for a long, long time.
I agree. Most of those people that do those jobs are immigrants that don't speak English. Unless they need to speak to the toilett, there is no need for them to learn the language.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:15 PM

9 posts, read 13,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan k View Post
Please tell me what is wrong with this picture?
I have worked for companies such as Tecumseh motors, Sargento cheese, Johnsonville sausage , wausau homes and currently work for the biggest motorcycle conglomerate in the usa Ridenow powersports, but have applied for other jobs here in Phoenix in management but have been told that i need to speak spanish.
Did someone forget to inform me that we were annexed into mexico or is this what the future of our country is destined for.So in other words , i need to go back to school to learn somebody elses language even though they are even legal citizens,bull!
Alot of people dont like Sheriff Joe but as far as i am concerned, "Sheriff Joe for President", just do me a favor.When you arrest them dont give medical aid and food and a place to sleep for a few weeks while the citizens pay taxes to supply these things , just ship their butts back as soon as you find them.
I cant get free food , water, medical and a place to sleep.Someone in government needs to stand up and show some balls,they dont belong here.If they want to be citizens, they can do like so many others" apply for the right to be here".
I still say that if they want to be citizens, then they can apply and any male over 18 then serves 2 years in the military to prove they love this country, once their tour is up then they and their immediate family can be legal citizens.But come on , lets make them earn the right to be here, our boys are over there dying while they sneek across our border and live a better life than i do , now you are saying i need to learn spanish.
I dont think so, wake up people of the usa.
It will do you some good to learn another language and culture. By the way their are about five million illegal immigrants and about forty five million legals hispanics. It will do you some good to learn about the culture and history of much of the United States specially if you live in the southwest people that have been here since when this areas belong to the Spanish and then Mexicans. Just like you know of the history of the British colonies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or