Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2007, 10:05 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,421,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
Maybe people should make sure their workers on their job speak ENGLISH rather than hiring a company who sends out a bunch of illegals to do the work eh? I REFUSE to give a job to ANY company who employs illegals. I had a company bid to do the foundation on my house and I gave them the contract... UNTIL, the crew showed up and they were all illegals except the foreman, who spoke both Spanish and English, and I fired them on the spot. When asked why, I said I didn't contract to pay illegals to do an American Citizens job. I also reported the company to the BBB, and INS.
I agree with your post 100%,and admire your stand on it!
Someone HAS to do the right thing, without excuses and without rose colored views.
I would have done the same thing.....fired them on the spot, and got BBB and INS/ ICE involved!
Wish we would have more people like you, supporting US products, quality and work labor.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:46 PM

646 posts, read 1,785,980 times
Quote:
Maybe people should make sure their workers on their job speak ENGLISH rather than hiring a company who sends out a bunch of illegals to do the work eh? I REFUSE to give a job to ANY company who employs illegals. I had a company bid to do the foundation on my house and I gave them the contract... UNTIL, the crew showed up and they were all illegals except the foreman, who spoke both Spanish and English, and I fired them on the spot. When asked why, I said I didn't contract to pay illegals to do an American Citizens job. I also reported the company to the BBB, and INS.
How did you figure out that they were ALL (except for the foreman) "illegals?" Did you ask them to show their documentation and they were unable to do so, or was it simply because they looked hispanic and spoke Spanish? Just curious...

Old 08-05-2007, 11:56 PM

562 posts, read 657,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post
How did you figure out that they were ALL (except for the foreman) "illegals?" Did you ask them to show their documentation and they were unable to do so, or was it simply because they looked hispanic and spoke Spanish? Just curious...
My wife is a Mexican, and she spoke with them. All of them were illegals from deep Mexico near Mexico City. They spoke with the dialect of the area, and so my wife started speaking with them and asked them some questions (In Spanish). Being a Mexican herself, they trusted her enough to tell her they were all illegals. How is that for proof? Besides that, I have lived around illegals long enough to spot them a block away.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:11 PM

646 posts, read 1,785,980 times
Quote:
My wife is a Mexican, and she spoke with them. All of them were illegals from deep Mexico near Mexico City. They spoke with the dialect of the area, and so my wife started speaking with them and asked them some questions (In Spanish). Being a Mexican herself, they trusted her enough to tell her they were all illegals. How is that for proof? Besides that, I have lived around illegals long enough to spot them a block away.
That certainly make sense then if they told you that they were illegal immigrants, but I don't think there is such a thing as "spotting an illegal a block away." When people start profiling others based on their race and ethnicity there is nothing good that can come out of that.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:31 PM

3,080 posts, read 11,046,937 times
This story makes about as much sense as all the others this person has told about supposedly confronting illegal aliens. I don't believe that it actually happened.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:37 PM

562 posts, read 657,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
This story makes about as much sense as all the others this person has told about supposedly confronting illegal aliens. I don't believe that it actually happened.
Believe what you wish, it's true. Most people have blinders on these days and I don't expect anyone except those whose eyes are opened to believe what I write.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:08 PM

354 posts, read 323,632 times
I love just standing around with my husband and/or friends and acting like I don't understand Spanish. One gets to hear many things that most pro-illegal types would rather we not hear. Don't get me wrong because this country has some very patriotic and wonderful American citizens of Mexican descent but these last 20 years have basically brought nothing but revolutionists to us and they totally believe in what they do, and that would be to overtake the country one birth at a time. I have heard some mighty nasty things said and most here would be totally surprised.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:13 PM

5,408 posts, read 7,784,541 times
LOL... . Keep them coming, hillbilly. I love it!! ( And thanks for adding your disclaimers...)

Old 08-08-2007, 10:31 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,262,242 times
MOHIllbillyWoman: While I don't agree with some of your positions, or the tactics for resolution you suggest, I do believe what you say here. Liberals are far too willing to assume that most illegal immigrants are honest and hard-working people who love the U.S. desperately want to integrate into the culture. This is simply not the case. Disclaimer: I am a liberal.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:45 PM

10 posts, read 16,004 times
Pheww......thank goodness I grew up speaking Spanish at home. Makes me more marketable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.