Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:40 PM

217 posts, read 416,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
You sound very angry, that troubles me, would you accept an invitation to a nice spanish cafe, some kind of immmersion may be helpful.

only if its health department safe

Old 03-12-2009, 05:12 PM

43 posts, read 53,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Correct: it would be very unpleasant for most Latin Americans in a Spanish cafe.

The above are not well liked by Spaniards.
Really, who told you? one of your dark mestizo-mexican friends??

Old 03-12-2009, 05:50 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuita View Post
Really, who told you? one of your dark mestizo-mexican friends??
That is correct: several Mestizos (from Mexico) told me they visited Spain and hated the prejudice due to not being White.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:14 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,699,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is correct: several Mestizos (from Mexico) told me they visited Spain and hated the prejudice due to not being White.
In Spain as in most countries, there are some people that are not very happy with immigrants. I do know that some Spaniards, usually the older generations, don't like all the Ecuadorians and Colombians that have moved in recently. They call them Sudacas.....from South Americans. Let's remember that some of these older people have not gotten over the fact that Spain used to own all these American colonies and killing Indians was OK. But fortunately Spaniards as a whole have moved beyond that and tend to embrace most poeple...as long as they don't bring crime or poverty with them.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:20 AM

969 posts, read 2,852,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Let's remember that some of these older people have not gotten over the fact that Spain used to own all these American colonies and killing Indians was OK.
WOW - they must be VERY old - I mean to have lived during those times.

Of course - I am not VERY old but I remember when I didn't have to press ANYTHING for English

Old 03-27-2009, 01:56 PM

378 posts, read 626,305 times
The U.S. government wants you to speak Spanish because all the illegal Mexicans they dragged over don't know English. So the government wants you to communicate with them in their own language, rather than English.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:41 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times
Quote:
In Spain as in most countries, there are some people that are not very happy with immigrants. I do know that some Spaniards, usually the older generations, don't like all the Ecuadorians and Colombians that have moved in recently. They call them Sudacas.....from South Americans. Let's remember that some of these older people have not gotten over the fact that Spain used to own all these American colonies and killing Indians was OK. But fortunately Spaniards as a whole have moved beyond that and tend to embrace most poeple...as long as they don't bring crime or poverty with them.
Damn, that sounds a lot of people here in the USA. You know, the last part there about "bring crime or poverty with them". Wonder if we could adopt that here ? What a concept. Go figure.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:17 PM

608 posts, read 923,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
. Damn, that sounds a lot of people here in the USA. You know, the last part there about "bring crime or poverty with them". Wonder if we could adopt that here ? What a concept. Go figure.
Sounds like a good idea to me! In Mexico, you can't gain citizenship unless you can prove that you will bring value to the country. (outside of being born there of course.) If the US has this policy, I could easily see greater percentages of assimilation and lower crime.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:41 AM

9 posts, read 15,159 times
Quote:
First of all, I am Cuban, I dislike the word Latino and I am not so sure about Hispanic. But, since I live in this country, when asked, I always mark the little square box that says Hispanic. To my understanding, Latinos are all those people that spoke Latin back in the days....but that's a different story.

In Cuban culture (which has nothing to do with Mexican, Colombian or any other Spanish speaking country in the Mainland), a blond, blue eye person is always a beauty. The same goes in Spain. I've never being to Mexico or any other country in Latin America. But for what I see on TV, all those beautiful actresses and actors ARE light skin, with long Roman noses and very European features. In fact, on most of those soap operas, the poor peasant girl that falls in love with the rich handsome guy, she is always Indian looking, and they guy has a rich hairy chest (which local Indians don’t have!!).

Now I am not too sure if I can call ArizonaBear a friend, we have had disagreements in the past, but at least in this topic, we both agree because we are both right. He might not be Hispanic, but he sure knows how our wheels grind and what generally speaking is considered beautiful. Let's face it antialphabet, if you open your typical Mexican X rated magazine, you will only see blond ladies. I can assure you that you will not see a single woman with a prominent wide nose, rounded circular face and barely 5 ft tall. It is reality. Beauty is blond, blond is sexy, and sexy sells magazines.
It is also in the american culture that sees the blond blue eye persons as better looking then the brunets with brown eyes and European features are seen everywhere in the world as better.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:17 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEFF19 View Post
It is also in the american culture that sees the blond blue eye persons as better looking then the brunets with brown eyes and European features are seen everywhere in the world as better.
Well; the preference for blue eyed blondes started in Europe also, our ancestors all had dark hair/eyes. Apparently; the lighter features were deemed to be an advantage hence them spreading through the gene pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration