U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 07:41 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,256 times

Advertisements

tick-tock...

Quote:

Many will see Judge Susan Bolton's decision to block parts of Arizona's new immigration law solely as an affirmation of the federal government's primacy over the states. But a close look at her ruling reveals that she's handed Arizona a significant victory against renegade localities seeking to undercut our nation's immigration laws.
For example, Judge Bolton let stand A.R.S. § 11-1051(A), which prohibits Arizona officials, agencies and political subdivisions from limiting enforcement of federal immigration laws. A.R.S. § 11-1051(C)-(F), which requires that state officials work with federal officials with regard to aliens unlawfully in the state, will also remain in force.
Her ruling—provided it is adopted by other courts across the country—will drive a stake into the heart of the "sanctuary" movement among cities and towns that feel they have the authority to disregard federal law. Right now, they permit illegal aliens to freely reside within their borders and have access to various benefits that should only be reserved for those here lawfully.
And...

Quote:
The court also left unchanged the provision that permits legal residents of Arizona to sue any state official, agency or political subdivision for not enforcing federal immigration laws to the full extent permitted. Such private rights of action in the context of policy issues are unheard of nationally, and may well be the most important component of Arizona's new law. How these suits are implemented, and the impact they'll have on cities and towns that until now have felt free to pursue whatever course they chose without sanction, will be quite interesting to watch.
Read more...

William P. Cook: Goodbye 'Sanctuary' Cities - WSJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 07:08 PM

60,066 posts, read 30,586,259 times
I'm thinking about filing suit on Austin Texas and it's Sanctuary policies!
A Federal Judge has ruled it to be against the law and has set the precedence!!

Old 08-02-2010, 07:14 PM

You start it, I'll help. Right now I'm in Houston where a similar suit needs to be filed. It's so out of control here, AZ pales in comparison.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:31 PM

18,509 posts, read 27,244,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
You start it, I'll help. Right now I'm in Houston where a similar suit needs to be filed. It's so out of control here, AZ pales in comparison.
I am in Houston too, I will join you in that suit

Old 08-02-2010, 07:39 PM

170 posts, read 226,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm thinking about filing suit on Austin Texas and it's Sanctuary policies!
A Federal Judge has ruled it to be against the law and has set the precedence!!

Right there with you

Old 08-02-2010, 08:15 PM

I doubt my corporate tax lawyer wants to be involved so please, advise where I can sign and contribute. DM's welcomed.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:22 PM

216 posts, read 198,544 times
I am in Ca but would send some sort of donation for support.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:12 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,296,377 times
We sure have way to many sanctuary cities. I sure hope they realize it has to stop.

Sanctuary City List

Old 08-02-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
We sure have way to many sanctuary cities. I sure hope they realize it has to stop.

Sanctuary City List
THANK YOU for this "unauthorized list". I had the top 5 but this rocks, illegals will flock there, people will continue to be outraged and we will continue to stop them from sucking us dry. THANK YOU.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:01 PM

285 posts, read 446,534 times
Of course this illegal hellhole called California has the most and I'm in the middle of it. What luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration