U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 08-02-2010, 06:12 PM

4,117 posts, read 3,080,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Smart Young Lady with common sense

At the end of the day ILLEGAL is still ILLEGAL
More proof that the issue is not an immigration issue but an ILLEGAL immiigration issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Status: "Starting my new job! Happy dance!" (set 4 days ago)

13,656 posts, read 10,713,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Kudos to her!

Let’s see how long it takes before they try to strip her crown by accusing her of being a racist and xenophobe. It shouldn’t take long.
Sadly I think you are right.

But kudos to her for having her head screwed on straight!

Unread 08-02-2010, 06:20 PM

5,982 posts, read 2,792,544 times
Quote:
Kudos to her!

Let’s see how long it takes before they try to strip her crown by accusing her of being a racist and xenophobe. It shouldn’t take long.
Precisely what I was thinkin

Unread 08-02-2010, 06:25 PM

40 posts, read 5,696 times
Quote:
Kudos to her!

Her dad is an immigrant from Bangladesh. She can always use the race card if they try to strip her crown .

Unread 08-02-2010, 07:47 PM

45,713 posts, read 29,877,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkiller231 View Post
Her dad is an immigrant from Bangladesh. She can always use the race card if they try to strip her crown .
She probably could - but it's nice to see someone out there in a spotlight respects the need for an orderly and lawful process.

Unread 08-02-2010, 08:03 PM

12,943 posts, read 13,590,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkiller231 View Post
She'll be an 'untouchable' in a good sense.

Quote:
"I think that people who want to be a United States citizen need to come over here legally in order to get the privileges that every American receives," said the 18 year-old, during a webcam interview with NBCLA.

Afsar's own father is an immigrant from Bangladesh, who helped bring three relatives to the U.S legally.

"It ended up taking him 10 years, but he did it legally," said Afsar. "I don't think that if you are close to the border that you have the right to be given the rights of a United States citizen."

Unread 08-02-2010, 11:08 PM

7,413 posts, read 2,749,207 times
Wow, Miss California favors Arizona's immigration law! Now there's an endorsement that I'm sure just thrills the Zonie's upset with Lady Gaga. Last year's Miss California voiced opposition to gay marriage and was criticised so much she eventually had to give up her crown. I wonder how long the current Ms California is going to last after her proclamation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration