U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 06:22 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times

Advertisements

Who the hell cares what THAT weirdo thinks (about ANYthing)? If she still had one working brain cell it'd be lonely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 06:22 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,178,918 times
She should have never been a celebrity.

People truly are stupid today.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:26 PM

10,713 posts, read 11,412,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
??? Biggest supporters of what/who? Illegal immigration? You're kidding right?
Reagan passed an amnesty bill. W. was calling for amnesty, and McCain also pushed his own amnesty bill through that luckily was shot down in congress by the dems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
And let's face it, the Democratic Party is infested with liberals, progressives that strive for a fundamental transformation of our country.
Kucinich is the only true liberal i can say on the democratic side, who is often raved by the right as a ron paul type figure. Many democrats are progressives that are striving for transformation from the far right "business as usual" policies that have driven the country into the ground.
Right now we should be cheering to the heavens obama is in power. If Mccain had won there would be no worries about SB 1070, law suits and other issues. Mccain would take a federal approach and grant amnesty that he was desperately trying to pass before. Granted Obama should step up to the plate and pass a federal anti-amnesty bill, but i'd much rather have someone in the white house dancing the issue then one openly for amnesty, no matter what party.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:34 PM

5,037 posts, read 4,182,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post

I wonder if she was high when she chose this stupid outfit.

Lady Gaga claims she still does cocaine - Monsters and Critics (http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1574986.php/Lady-Gaga-claims-she-still-does-cocaine - broken link)
Well, then she must be high all the time:

lady gaga outfit - Google Search

Old 08-02-2010, 06:37 PM

5,903 posts, read 6,352,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Regardless of what one feels about Lady Gaga, she is just one among several musicians\ entertainers who have condemned Arizona and refused to perform in Arizona. These celebrities have huge followings and the bad publicity against Arizona just adds to the state's already negative image.
While most have continued to and will still continue to perform in Arizona. To tell you the truth many of the boycotters are not that mainstream or are no longer big ticket draws. I mean really Hall & Oates.... Who's next Rick Springfield?

Last edited by VLWH; 08-02-2010 at 06:52 PM..

Old 08-02-2010, 07:30 PM

7,413 posts, read 7,826,258 times
Quote:
While most have continued to and will still continue to perform in Arizona. To tell you the truth many of the boycotters are not that mainstream or are no longer big ticket draws. I mean really Hall & Oates.... Who's next Rick Springfield?
Chris Rock refuses to perform in Arizona; he has a huge fan base. There was an anti-Arizona concert in Los Angeles last week that Rage Against the Machine sponsored and donated the proceeds to immigrant rights groups. There were some strong words against Arizona which I can not quote. I wouldn't want to live in a state that musicians rally against and boycotts are called against.

Rage Against the Machine Rocks Hollywood Palladium in Anti-#SB1070 Concert - °Alto Arizona!

YouTube - Rage Against the Machine - Testify (Live - Coachella 2007)

Old 08-02-2010, 07:33 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Bingo! Itís nothing but a publicity stunt. After all, the MSM has been broadcasting her little speech. If she vehemently opposed the law, she would have refused to appear in Arizona.
That's exactly what it is. Just publicity stunts like everything she ever does. She's trying to cash in on the media attention that Arizona has right now, but she's smarter than most bimbo celebrities - she's not going to give up concert money.

We're calling Lady Gaga "she" and that's not necessarily the case, she claims she's a hermaphodite but many believe she's really a guy.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:37 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:

I wonder if she was high when she chose this stupid outfit.

Lady Gaga claims she still does cocaine - Monsters and Critics (http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1574986.php/Lady-Gaga-claims-she-still-does-cocaine - broken link)
Probably - but she's really all about trying to be outlandish because that is what bring her fame and of course fortune. I'm sure she still does cocaine -- so much for the illegals' "family values".

Old 08-02-2010, 07:59 PM

285 posts, read 446,607 times
They can have Lady Gaga, we have Miss California!

Old 08-02-2010, 08:12 PM

5,903 posts, read 6,352,776 times
Quote:
Chris Rock refuses to perform in Arizona; he has a huge fan base. There was an anti-Arizona concert in Los Angeles last week that Rage Against the Machine sponsored and donated the proceeds to immigrant rights groups. There were some strong words against Arizona which I can not quote.

Rage Against the Machine Rocks Hollywood Palladium in Anti-#SB1070 Concert - °Alto Arizona!

YouTube - Rage Against the Machine - Testify (Live - Coachella 2007)
Rage Against the Machine..... The same band that held a benefit concert for a cop killer. Need I say more?

Quote:
I wouldn't want to live in a state that musicians rally against and boycotts are called against.
I could care less what grandstanding Politicians and celebrities do, I won't factor in such idiots in my decision where I live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration