U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 08:13 PM

16,685 posts, read 27,902,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Probably - but she's really all about trying to be outlandish because that is what bring her fame and of course fortune. I'm sure she still does cocaine -- so much for the illegals' "family values".
Lady Gaga is such a class act:

New York Yankees react to bizarre scene with Lady Gaga in clubhouse - ESPN New York

Quote:
The New York Post reported on Sunday that Yankees co-chairman Hal Steinbrenner was furious at the display Lady Gaga put on in the clubhouse -- dressed in a half-buttoned Yankees jersey and a bikini bottom, she swilled whiskey and fondled her chest...
Quote:
Gaga has been making her presence felt in New York baseball. The singer, who says she is a Yankees fan, attended a Mets-Padres game on June 10 at Citi Field and decided to give the finger to Mets fans.
Not exactly who I would want on my side if I were fighting for something!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 08:39 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post

Not exactly who I would want on my side if I were fighting for something!
What's funny is that her fellow leftist celebrities wanted boycotts of Arizona. I think Lady Gaga was on a soapbox to prove she still cares about the causes of leftists even though she couldn't bear to give up a chance for concert money.

She's just trying to have her cake and eat it too - she didn't have enough principles to boycott which means no big concert money from Arizona, so she had to put on this little song and dance to prove that she's still a part of the celebrity circle. She can pretend she really really cares but have the money too.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:46 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
"Lady GaGa" is considered an artist. Fine but political views are dangerous as power goes further into her considered intellect, she only sees power and the destruct, transparent. A$$es like this are the most selfish in the world, Hitler saw the same message as these who promote unfreedom, as does this "artist".

Youth; Beware, please, be smart. Smart.

I challenge, watch Glenn Beck for one hour, every night for 30 days. That's all. 30 days out of your life. Listen to him with the open mind claimed by so many who consistently protest, well, everything. Make this one commitment and then talk, tell ME, DM me and let me know what you've learned, in or out of anything. I do not watch GB often, so I am no "groupie" It just so happens when I do tune in, I can't dispute his claims.

*i was a 60's chick, I did the free love and we are the world, now I see a great compromise, it's called knowledge versus propaganda.*

Last edited by getout; 08-02-2010 at 09:03 PM..

Old 08-02-2010, 08:53 PM

Anyhow - just like Haiti - the illegals are just the chic cause of the week. Haitians are still suffering from the earthquake only now they don't have to put up with Hollywood bimbo pop stars trying to get camera time by exploiting their suffering.

There should be some new pop star cause of the week right around the corner.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:54 PM

5,361 posts, read 7,056,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVaz1009 View Post
Actually, Lady Gaga is a very intelligent woman. I agree with many of her viewpoints, especially her huge push for gay rights.

Besides, she's a musician isn't she? Musicians, let alone controversial ones, ALWAYS take the good side in politics.
She proved that she is more interested in her pocketbook and pleasing her gay following in Phoenix than boycotting because of SB1070, but at the same time, had to satisfy those fans who are against it. She really shouldn't have said anything. Why take sides?

On another topic, I forgot to post this before: Gay business group decries Ariz. boycott. There are many gay people in Phoenix and still quite a few who are for SB1070.

This was also interesting since Gaga and Elton John have performed together: Elton John Snubs Gay Group's Arizona Boycott On lgbtissues.com (http://lgbtissues.com/elton-john-snubs-gay-groups-arizona-boycott-1002545a - broken link)

Old 08-02-2010, 08:57 PM

226 posts, read 452,407 times
Good grief. What's the world come to today..

Old 08-02-2010, 08:58 PM

216 posts, read 198,625 times
QOUTE

Chris Rock refuses to perform in Arizona; he has a huge fan base. There was an anti-Arizona concert in Los Angeles last week that Rage Against the Machine sponsored and donated the proceeds to immigrant rights groups. There were some strong words against Arizona which I can not quote. I wouldn't want to live in a state that musicians rally against and boycotts are called against.

These performers live in Ivory Towers. let them live a few days in the lives of average Americans then lets see where their feeling come from.

Gaga is goofy she attract awkward youth, that's it once they mature they think she is another sensalist. .

Rage against the machine are washed up middle age guys trying once again to
make a few bucks off an issue they don't really give a **** for.

I say lets do a save Americans concert with real folks that are steady main steam talent, bet they are smart enough to know the majority wants legal immigrants.

Let the fund rasing begin, since many states need bucks to fight this mess!

Old 08-02-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
She proved that she is more interested in her pocketbook and pleasing her gay following in Phoenix than boycotting because of SB1070, but at the same time, had to satisfy those fans who are against it. She really shouldn't have said anything. Why take sides?

On another topic, I forgot to post this before: Gay business group decries Ariz. boycott. There are many gay people in Phoenix and still quite a few who are for SB1070.

This was also interesting since Gaga and Elton John have performed together: Elton John Snubs Gay Group's Arizona Boycott On lgbtissues.com (http://lgbtissues.com/elton-john-snubs-gay-groups-arizona-boycott-1002545a - broken link)
Elton John nailed it - all those Californians are just hopping from one cause to the next, not really accomplishing much of anything. I wonder if unemployed Americans or kidnap victims in Phoenix will ever be their celebrity cause of the week.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:01 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Elton John nailed it - all those Californians are just hopping from one cause to the next, not really accomplishing much of anything. I wonder if unemployed Americans or kidnap victims in Phoenix will ever be their celebrity cause of the week.
I wish I could rep every time a remark of truth enters.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:12 PM

216 posts, read 198,625 times
[quote=malamute;15309293]Elton John nailed it - all those Californians are just hopping from one cause to the next, not really accomplishing much of anything. I wonder if unemployed Americans or kidnap victims in Phoenix will ever be their celebrity cause of the week.[

Good idea, but please understand the vast majoriety of middle class in ca are very much tired of this we have voted to only have the f-in acula turn it over coupled with poll games , such as locations to vote . many nasy underhanded things are going on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration