U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 01:43 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,144,870 times

Advertisements

Amnesty (not the right thing to do)
To grant amnesty to illegal aliens is indeed a slap in the face of Americans. There is no justification to granting amnesty to illegal immigrants. If we must grant amnesty lets grant it to the legal immigrants, the ones who understand freedom is not handed to you because you broke the law. Certain political lawmakers would like very much to have 30,000,000 more citizens below the poverty level; they won’t have to dig into their pockets to feed them they’ll dig into ours (That must be nice!).
If we grant amnesty to all of the illegal immigrants that are here ILLEGALLY then what are we going to do in five years? Grant it again? By then the majority of Americans will be living below the poverty level and our country, once a great and powerful nation will look like a third world trash heap. You will feel warm inside knowing that the lawmakers will still not be affected by this, they never are. Once amnesty passes it will be just like any other law, it will be modified to suit the fat asses sitting in the federal Whitehouse while even the people who have been granted amnesty complain about more amnesty; It will not end. There needs to be a point in which the citizens of this country are placed on a higher priority than non citizens. We need to have a government who looks out for its citizens instead of trying to save the world. Take care of yourself so you will be able to take care of others not the other way around!
We are sending thousands of soldiers overseas to fight for the freedom of another country meanwhile we are being invaded. We are spending billions of dollars overseas to help rebuild in a country who would rather we were dead yet here in the USA we are falling apart. It’s time to do the right thing, take care of our own house until we can stand upright again. Stop giving away hard earned money to nations who resent the hell out of us, start to spend that money at home where the people who earned it can benefit from it and not some fence jumping loafer who’s looking for an easy ride. The time of doing for others ( all in the name of “looking like the good guy”) is over, take care of ourselves first then extend that hand of help to those who deserve it, not those who despise it or expect it!

For now all we can do is call our congressmen and let them know amnesty is not the answer but only a bigger problem!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 01:46 PM

3,858 posts, read 5,958,161 times
Quote:
If we must grant amnesty lets grant it to the legal immigrants,
How would that work?

Old 08-02-2010, 04:08 PM

4,636 posts, read 4,945,754 times
The only road to citizenship should be a hard road. Legal immigrants have taken the hard road, now the illegals should take to long road back to their native lands, and apply like anyone else. I am sick and tired of the illegal scumbags who think they have anything to offer this country, and end up on welfare. Just because they can mow a lawn, and carry bricks doesn't give them the right to break the law.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:10 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
How would that work?

well, one step could be to waive ALL filing/application fees for those here legally and eligible for citizenship AHEAD of granting legal status (amnesty) to those here illegally...........

Just a thought.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:18 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,492,665 times
Excellent Post & Read PCincorrect

Until the border is fully secure any type of reform that
is really amnesty must not be allowed to happen.

AMERICA IS NOT FOR SALE !

It's about time we get back to the basic's that make this country GREAT

At the end of the day ILLEGAL still means ILLEGAL

Old 08-02-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
well, one step could be to waive ALL filing/application fees for those here legally and eligible for citizenship AHEAD of granting legal status (amnesty) to those here illegally...........

Just a thought.
Not for the people that took the time to do it right and follow the law's that have been set in place for some time now.

Secure the border then strictly enforce the laws it's really
that simple REMEMBER Illegal entry is just that ILLEGAL !

Just a comment

Old 08-02-2010, 06:53 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,144,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
How would that work?
Honestly Gary I don't know. I would prefer that all immigrants pay their dues for citizenship but if our government is hell bent on amnesty then those who are in the process of obtaining it legally should be first on the list.

Like Mouser said;
Quote:
Until the border is fully secure any type of reform that
is really amnesty must not be allowed to happen
If our federal government were to enforce the laws already in the books there wouldn't be a need for big reform. Even if congress does push some type of reform through it would need to be a type of reform that doesn't require federal enforcement because they DO NOT enforce the existing laws so why should anyone expect them to enforce new ones?
I bigger and better gate won't stop a thing if we don't close the gate.
As much as I would love to pin this on Obama he is only one of many who turn their backs on this issue. Then punish the one state that tries to protect its citizens. WTH?

Last edited by PCincorrect; 08-02-2010 at 07:04 PM..

Old 08-02-2010, 07:38 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Not for the people that took the time to do it right and follow the law's that have been set in place for some time now.

Secure the border then strictly enforce the laws it's really
that simple REMEMBER Illegal entry is just that ILLEGAL !

Just a comment

I was TALKING about those here legally - who did it the RIGHT way but can't afford the ludicrous fees to apply for citizenship.

I think THOSE people should get to go ahead of any amnestied illegals.......

I don't follow what your comments had to do with what I posted.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I was TALKING about those here legally - who did it the RIGHT way but can't afford the ludicrous fees to apply for citizenship.

I think THOSE people should get to go ahead of any amnestied illegals.......

I don't follow what your comments had to do with what I posted.
Oh I see, my bad

But if there here legally are they not already in the system
or in line and just how 'Ludicrous' are the fee's ?

Old 08-03-2010, 11:46 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,492,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
Amnesty (not the right thing to do)
To grant amnesty to illegal aliens is indeed a slap in the face of Americans. There is no justification to granting amnesty to illegal immigrants. If we must grant amnesty lets grant it to the legal immigrants, the ones who understand freedom is not handed to you because you broke the law. Certain political lawmakers would like very much to have 30,000,000 more citizens below the poverty level; they won’t have to dig into their pockets to feed them they’ll dig into ours (That must be nice!).
If we grant amnesty to all of the illegal immigrants that are here ILLEGALLY then what are we going to do in five years? Grant it again? By then the majority of Americans will be living below the poverty level and our country, once a great and powerful nation will look like a third world trash heap. You will feel warm inside knowing that the lawmakers will still not be affected by this, they never are. Once amnesty passes it will be just like any other law, it will be modified to suit the fat asses sitting in the federal Whitehouse while even the people who have been granted amnesty complain about more amnesty; It will not end. There needs to be a point in which the citizens of this country are placed on a higher priority than non citizens. We need to have a government who looks out for its citizens instead of trying to save the world. Take care of yourself so you will be able to take care of others not the other way around!
We are sending thousands of soldiers overseas to fight for the freedom of another country meanwhile we are being invaded. We are spending billions of dollars overseas to help rebuild in a country who would rather we were dead yet here in the USA we are falling apart. It’s time to do the right thing, take care of our own house until we can stand upright again. Stop giving away hard earned money to nations who resent the hell out of us, start to spend that money at home where the people who earned it can benefit from it and not some fence jumping loafer who’s looking for an easy ride. The time of doing for others ( all in the name of “looking like the good guy”) is over, take care of ourselves first then extend that hand of help to those who deserve it, not those who despise it or expect it!

For now all we can do is call our congressmen and let them know amnesty is not the answer but only a bigger problem!

PCincorrect for president!!! Wonderful post!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration