U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 05:00 PM

10,394 posts, read 8,344,729 times

Advertisements

The enemy within can potentially be more destructive and dangerous than one from without.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 05:06 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,178,535 times
He is right. Our worst fear is here right NOW, and it is our government. It is our enemy. We must squelch government intrusion.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:07 PM

419 posts, read 636,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
This is a man to keep your eye on. The media in AZ is already portraying him as a publicity-seeking-nut case. Which means he's starting to be effective.
The media in Arizona has been keeping an eye on Sheriff Joe for years. Once again to no avail.

Most of the people living in Maricopa County, AZ love him, myself included. He has been re-elected time & time again by a landslide. We appreciate a tough sheriff who works diligently to keep us safe despite numerous & constant threats against his life.

I lived in Maricopa County for 33 years, but moved away in 2005. I still pay attention to what is happening in Maricopa County. If you think Sheriff Joe is a nut-case, then maybe it would be helpful for you to read his biography instead of listening to the media.

Maricopa County Sheriff's Office (http://www.mcso.org/index.php?a=GetModule&mn=Sheriff_Bio - broken link)

Old 08-02-2010, 05:07 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,011,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
The enemy within can potentially be more destructive and dangerous than one from without.
That's true. The fifth column that is.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:01 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The law suit is on behalf of illegal aliens, but on behalf of American citizens to be free from unreasonable search and seizure for no reason other than the color of their skin or perceived national origin.
"Search and seizure"?....wow. My own spouse (and some of my grandkids) look 'just like' illegals. You're suggesting they'll be put in jail? Beaten? Deported? They're American citizens...how would that happen? Maybe you mean they might be asked a question....if they're stopped for speeding.

We all get asked "may I see your license and registration, please ?"....I see nothing too alarming with "are you legally entitled to live here"? Sure it's annoying....but so is boarding an airplane...or entering a public building these days. That's the world we live in...but "search and seizure" of American citizens? That's a little dramatic, don't you think?

So we "all get treated like suicidal terrorists" prior to boarding an airliner? OK, so what? A few of us ARE suicidal terrorists....and the rest of us (after a brief interruption), are free to go about our business. You have ANOTHER way to solve the problem of 'who's legitimate, and who is not'?...We'd all love to hear it.

"Are you a citizen " is an intrusive question? Well, maybe...so is "open your suitcase, please". Welcome to 2010.

And by the way...if the Feds had asked a few such questions 30 years ago, today we wouldn't be having this 'debate'. Quite a FEW of us 'aren't supposed to be here'. It's a reasonable question.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:00 AM

8,268 posts, read 10,373,429 times
I live in AZ and look like an illegal, yet I can't seem to generate too much concern over this.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:21 AM

896 posts, read 236,499 times
I may not look like an illegal, but if I was asked if I was a citizen, I would comply. The same as if a police officer asked me to "stop right there" as I walked out of a bank. I didn't do anythng wrong, therefore I wouldn't mind.

I really wouldn't mind if I also knew these questions were being effective enough to do something about individuals that are not supporting our system and sucking what's left of it dry.

+1 for Sherrif Joe

**rant over**

Old 08-03-2010, 01:24 AM

325 posts, read 180,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StartTheRevolution! View Post
CNSNews.com - Arizona Sheriff: (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/70324 - broken link)

At least he isn't blinded by bs. He is right on.
He doesn't have a problem accepting a check from the big bad government every week. How convenient it must be.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:24 AM

48,519 posts, read 80,998,062 times
He is right in that a governamnt that fails to enforce the law is promoting lawlessness. We see just that i that cities that abet law breakers are not prosecuted. That begets others to enforse their own protection.He at least doesn't accept a check like the feds from taxpayers yet fail to do tehir jobs. He is doing just what thsoe that pay him for;protection as they elected him.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:36 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
He doesn't have a problem accepting a check from the big bad government every week. How convenient it must be.
I don't really care for the company I work for. I do accept my pay check though. I earn it, I unlike many give 100% every day. There is nothing wrong with calling the Fed out for their misdeeds not to mention poor job performance.
Joe unlike many of his peers is actually doing his job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or