Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 03:31 PM

47 posts, read 31,663 times

Advertisements

CNSNews.com - Arizona Sheriff: (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/70324 - broken link)

At least he isn't blinded by bs. He is right on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 03:33 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
I agree. Obama and the anti-US Leftists are most certainly the enemy of America.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:40 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I agree. Obama and the anti-US Leftists are most certainly the enemy of America.
By "our own government" you are identifying more than Obama but basically every politician now and in the recent past. Not just liberals, not just democrats. We didn't get to this point since the last election you know. No, you probably don't.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:45 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
By "our own government" you are identifying more than Obama but basically every politician now and in the recent past. Not just liberals, not just democrats. We didn't get to this point since the last election you know. No, you probably don't.

When was the last time the federal gov't filed a lawsuit against the state of Arizona (or any state, for that matter) on behalf of illegal aliens?

Old 08-02-2010, 03:55 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,716 times
Our federal government is out of control, it needs a big overhaul starting in Nov. and will have to continue for years to get all the progressive-communist out. Getting the Constitution back in our schools is also a key factor.

CNSNews.com - Arizona Sheriff: ‘Our Own Government Has Become Our Enemy’

Old 08-02-2010, 03:55 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
When was the last time the federal gov't filed a lawsuit against the state of Arizona (or any state, for that matter) on behalf of illegal aliens?
None that i can think of, though there has been a federal amnesty bill passed by reagan, as well as a second federal amnesty bill trying to be passed by Mccain (from arizona to boot) that luckily got shot down by the dems in congress.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
The law suit is on behalf of illegal aliens, but on behalf of American citizens to be free from unreasonable search and seizure for no reason other than the color of their skin or perceived national origin.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:03 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
None that i can think of, though there has been a federal amnesty bill passed by reagan, as well as a second federal amnesty bill trying to be passed by Mccain (from arizona to boot) that luckily got shot down by the dems in congress.
The federal government is suing the people of Arizona for trying to protect themselves from foreign invaders.
At the same time our soldiers are dying in Afghanistan every day.
There's definitely something wrong with this picture.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:05 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
I wish some would stop defending the actions of our lovely FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, who in my opinion could give a damn about this pesky illegal problem. Sorry but the actions of this President in relation to illegals is just appaling.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:06 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
The same people who cry "Constitution" and "Liberty" and "justice" when they are being taxed are the same ones saying they are going to defend America against itself.

ITS THE SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT WE HAVE IN PLACE.

If you don't like it, you have three choices.

1. You can try and change the constitution.

Meaning, you can make it where the courts don't interpret the laws, as they are supposed to.

"Federal courts enjoy the sole power to interpret the law, determine the constitutionality of the law, and apply it to individual cases. The courts, like Congress, can compel the production of evidence and testimony through the use of a subpoena. The inferior courts are constrained by the decisions of the Supreme Court — once the Supreme Court interprets a law, inferior courts must apply the Supreme Court's interpretation to the facts of a particular case."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/our-govern...udicial-branch

2. You can leave the country (my personal favorite)

You can simply leave. Do you want a a place where the courts work for the state? Move to China. The United States may not have the best legal system in the world, but its far from the worst. Don't believe me, move to Iran.

or

3. Bring armed rebellion against you're own government

And if you do this, every man woman and child will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

I understand the Arizona law, I understand its purpose. But Immigration law is given to the federal branch of government only. Can't very well have 50 separate but equal immigration laws, can we? States can't write their own laws for this very reason.

So the court isn't "against you" and neither is the government as a whole. Its functioning as it was meant to, as the founding fathers set fourth. I have sat back, and hated laws and things that were done by my country, on my behalf for several years. Not once have I threatened armed rebellion.

Now, go and grab a gun so we can show you just how effectively our court systems work in cases of treason, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration