Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 08:52 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The problem with that is, Sheriff Joe is an elected official. Elected BY THE PEOPLE.
He is not appointed, like some paid off corrupt police chief.
He is doing what he said he was going to do, before he was elected.
The majority of the American citizens that live in Maricopa County, agree with his manners and tactics. He has been re-elected how many times?

Your part of the problem, not the solution!
Are illegals fleeing Arizona? Must be working, eh?
Have not heard any stories of real American Citizens fleeing Arizona. Not one! Why? That would be big! Media would be all over it. Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 09:10 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,937 times
No way this would ever be "executed". The cartels, although asses, are not stupid. They know the Feds would be all over it. Some chump trying to start ****. Get over it, Joe is there to stay.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:40 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Has anyone seen another source for this rumor besides FOX news and a half dozen right wing blogs?

The Examiner has the story this morning. They were one of the blogs that carried the false alarm about Laredo being invaded by drug cartels last week.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:14 AM

563 posts, read 518,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Nothing new.

Would you feel better if it were American criminals that were threatening Arpaio's life? Or if some mullah issued a fatwa against Arpaio a la Salman Rushdie?

Death threats against prominent political figures in the news are nothing new.

Arpaio should be indicted and tried on charges of civil rights violations, fraud, corruption, etc. and if convicted, imprisoned, and most of all there should be a consent decree on the Maricopa Co. Sheriff's which would mean Arpaio would be a powerless figurehead. But he should not be killed although I know Arizonans (some of whom support 1070) who'd probably throw a party if he was.
So, what specifically did Arpaio do that he should be indicted? Which legal US resident's civil rights did he violate? Swift justice is not a violation. If anything, the man should be hoisted up on shoulders for doing his job and doing it well. If the government doesn't want to do its job, I for sure will. A few came onto my property the other day even with a no trespass sign and beware of dog sign. Not my fault they can not read. When they saw my Rotty coming at them full speed, they hopped the fence like they were running for the boarder. I will continue doing this when someone comes onto my property without an invite.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:34 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I'm not pro-amnesty for illegal immigrants.

The Phoenix New Times staff are not illegal immigrants, for one thing,

I highly doubt everyone who has suffered at the hands of Arpaio's rogue department is an illegal alien. Even those I know who support SB 1070 have said that Arpaio routinely abuses the civil rights of detainees even if they're US citizens.

Just because he's "tough on illegals" you make him into a messiah.

He's as dirty as all hell and should go down (I wouldn't be surprised if this story is fake and a product of his own martyrdom complex). He shouldn't lose his life extrajudicially, but he should be arrested and indicted (and hopefully put in a Tent City in GP) Arpaio has no more respect for the US justice system than Roman Polanski does
I totally agree with you. Sheriff Joe is a pure scumbag if I ever saw one. I truly hate him so I could care less if the illegal drug cartels kill him.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:38 AM

Still no second source for the story in the OP.

Must be someone trying to stir up something again with a vicious rumor.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:58 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
No way this would ever be "executed". The cartels, although asses, are not stupid. They know the Feds would be all over it. Some chump trying to start ****. Get over it, Joe is there to stay.

These Feds????

Are you serious???

THESE CLOWNS ARE THE REASON THESE THUGS FEEL LIKE THEY CAN EVEN MAKE A THREAT!

Holder would probably pop the champagne if the Sheriff got wacked!

Old 08-03-2010, 12:44 PM

76 posts, read 84,014 times
sign of the US begin to fall of the 1st rank of the superpower country. We cannot solve our problem in our backyard, how can you expect us to solve the problem in the middle east?

Old 08-03-2010, 01:04 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Has anyone seen another source for this rumor besides FOX news and a half dozen right wing blogs?

The Examiner has the story this morning. They were one of the blogs that carried the false alarm about Laredo being invaded by drug cartels last week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Still no second source for the story in the OP.

Must be someone trying to stir up something again with a vicious rumor.
Arizona sheriff shrugs off latest death threat - CNN.com

Joe Arpaio probes report of Mexican cartel’s $1M bounty on his head - BostonHerald.com (http://news.bostonherald.com/news/national/southwest/view/20100803joe_arpaio_probes_report_of_mexican_cartel s_1m_bounty_on_his_head/srvc=home&position=recent - broken link)

Old 08-03-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Arizona sheriff shrugs off latest death threat - CNN.com

Joe Arpaio probes report of Mexican cartel’s $1M bounty on his head - BostonHerald.com (http://news.bostonherald.com/news/national/southwest/view/20100803joe_arpaio_probes_report_of_mexican_cartel s_1m_bounty_on_his_head/srvc=home&position=recent - broken link)
Thanks for the links. From the Boston Herald article you linked to,

"Allen said it wasn’t known whether the threat actually came from a drug cartel, but she said authorities believe the threat was made using a disposable cell phone in Mexico."

The CNN artiocle was equally as vague. This is simply a case of the media getting a trailer in just in case it turns out to be true.

As of now we still don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration