U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 01:16 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times

Advertisements

====
Quote:
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."===

---- Samuel Adams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 01:24 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Quote:
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."===

---- Samuel Adams
Clearly, the time has come.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:31 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,950,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
====
we need term limits on our duly elected representatives, so that politics once again becomes public service and not a lifelong career choice.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:59 PM

18,509 posts, read 27,259,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
we need term limits on our duly elected representatives, so that politics once again becomes public service and not a lifelong career choice.

some of them last a life and a half

I am pretty sure McCain doesn't know who he is, where he is, or what the heck he is doing there half of the time

Old 12-17-2010, 02:24 PM

18,509 posts, read 27,259,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
None of them can be trusted. Both parties want illegals for their own selfish agendas. It’s now time to send our so-called reps a resounding message -- this is OUR country, and we will NOT relinquish it to foreign invaders. Not now, nor ever.
well, I hear the Tea Party is cleaning up and focusing their acts. We will see what they come up with.

although it doesn't really look like they had much of a plan for what comes after election day

Old 12-17-2010, 05:33 PM

3,884 posts, read 8,759,288 times
On our thread in Phoenix I took a poll, "What reasons do you make the move to Phoenix". Top two sunshine, and cheap housing. So, without the cheap housing made possible by illegal labor I wonder just how much our sunshine will play a part. I think it would be good for our housing industry to build American, help the workers for sure, and up the prices, but until people are willing to buy American made they don't really have a market.
It would have to start from the ground up, with people demanding no illegal labor on their builds but it would cost a lot more for a home, and some could just not afford one. It would take sacrifices I don't see people willing to make out here.

It would be hard to get the president to make a decision when the market tells him with numbers that the people want otherwise.
People say they want illegal labor gone, but they spend an awful lot of money buying whats made from it, supporting it with what they do. People can say no all they want, but in reality what they do says they still want illegal labor here. How could someone make a law that doesn't reflect what the majority of people do? That would be stupid for a government to do, it would mean going against numbers.

Same with foreign trade, why would they stop it when Chinese imports are the #1 sellers in the U.S. They really can't, it would be stupid. People say one thing, but they do a totally different thing. The government usually goes with what the people actually do, not say.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:36 PM

3,884 posts, read 8,759,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
well, I hear the Tea Party is cleaning up and focusing their acts. We will see what they come up with.

although it doesn't really look like they had much of a plan for what comes after election day
Ha ha, the Tea Party ers, lol, er, I wish they would put their money where their mouths are as well. I think these people need to just go to school, that would be more beneficial.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:48 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
On our thread in Phoenix I took a poll, "What reasons do you make the move to Phoenix". Top two sunshine, and cheap housing. So, without the cheap housing made possible by illegal labor I wonder just how much our sunshine will play a part. I think it would be good for our housing industry to build American, help the workers for sure, and up the prices, but until people are willing to buy American made they don't really have a market.
It would have to start from the ground up, with people demanding no illegal labor on their builds but it would cost a lot more for a home, and some could just not afford one. It would take sacrifices I don't see people willing to make out here.

It would be hard to get the president to make a decision when the market tells him with numbers that the people want otherwise.
People say they want illegal labor gone, but they spend an awful lot of money buying whats made from it, supporting it with what they do. People can say no all they want, but in reality what they do says they still want illegal labor here. How could someone make a law that doesn't reflect what the majority of people do? That would be stupid for a government to do, it would mean going against numbers.

Same with foreign trade, why would they stop it when Chinese imports are the #1 sellers in the U.S. They really can't, it would be stupid. People say one thing, but they do a totally different thing. The government usually goes with what the people actually do, not say.
Twiggy this forum will not tolerate your outbursts. LOL
Your points are valid. You are correct . As long as so many are willing to turn a blind eye then they are also silent partners.
You are in a unique position to make a difference. Post some names of contractors that you know for a fact use illegals. LOL If anyone ever figured it out that it was you, it might suck for a while. Thank god the internet can be a great disguise.
Its hard to take a stand especially when so many around either refuse to see the facts or make excuses for the facts.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:56 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:

You really need to educate yourself on all the aspects of illegal immigration and its true impact on our country. For one thing the claim that houses, fruits and veggies and other goods are cheaper because of illegal labor is totally false. The employers who hire them only pocket the profits. They pass little to no savings on to "we" the consumer. Second, even if we were to get cheaper prices due to illegal labor it is eaten up and then some for their social costs that are passed on to "we" the taxpayer. Not to mention the loss of jobs for Americans by cheap, illegal labor, our overcrowded schools, jails and hospitals and increases in our crime rates. Wise up!

No, the majority of Americans do not want these illegals in our country!

Old 12-17-2010, 05:58 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Ha ha, the Tea Party ers, lol, er, I wish they would put their money where their mouths are as well. I think these people need to just go to school, that would be more beneficial.
Go to school? Are you not aware that most of these Teapartiers are adults and a vast majority of them are seniors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or