U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 01:06 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,213,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
They died for their crimes. What can I say.
At least they died for "something". And for reasons of their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 01:08 PM

18,509 posts, read 27,271,486 times
thats the risk they take.

should have applied for a visa like everybody else. mexico is granted half the visas that the us gives out

2,007 posts, read 3,363,550 times
I love how the OP and ABC leaves out the word "illegal"! While I do not feel joy over their deaths, they should have stayed in Mexico!

5,915 posts, read 4,014,526 times
First of all they're not immigrants.
Immigration is a legal procedure.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:14 PM

they are illegal terrorists. They come illegally and cause terror

Old 08-03-2010, 01:47 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,033,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
While anyone who's human must feel some compassion for the suffering of others...still, crossing the desert on foot during the hot season can be...and often is...deadly. The same goes for crossing an ocean in an inner tube...or trying to swim a large irrigation canal....or running across a freeway, jumping aboard a freight train. The best advice is not to do these things, because if you do, you may die. That's pretty much common sense.

Like I said, it's perfectly OK to feel compassion...but compassion doesn't make up for stupid actions.
No, it does not. You're right, and I absolutely agree with you.

To feel no compassion for the suffering of others is sub-human; to delight in it is pathetic. Compassion doesn't have to make up for anything, it's an emotion extended to other human beings....you know, there but for the grace of god.

One simply does not know what's coming down the pike for each of us......Smoking is a reckless thing to do, yet I still feel sympathy for the man who gets mouth cancer because of it, even though he essentially gave himself this pain.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:51 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,033,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
they are illegal terrorists. They come illegally and cause terror
Wow, that's your special definition of the word "terror?" Are you afraid? Are you scared and overwhelmed with anxiety every time you see an illegal immigrant, or is it every time you see a dark-skinned Mexican? Obviously you wouldn't know if they were illegal by looking at them, so it must be the latter.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:09 PM

oh yeah, I am. I wear a gas mask and everything.

Last edited by HtownLove; 08-03-2010 at 02:28 PM..

Old 08-03-2010, 02:11 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,955,353 times
I doubt very much that actual "immigrants" are crossing the desert on foot........so it stands to reason these are ILLEGALS - and they make their choices, why is that MY concern that they're stupid?

When you act illegally sometimes there ARE deadly consequences.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:47 PM

894 posts, read 950,538 times
They're still human beings. NO ONE deserves to die like that.

I don't like the fact that they're sneaking over our borders. However, I won't celebrate the death of those that didn't make it, and died trying. To celebrate human tragedy like that, makes one less than human.

If you call yourself a "Christian" ... remember, the same God that made YOU made THEM too.

I just wish they'd obey our laws. I wish they'd stop risking their lives to come here. I wish OUR Govt. would BUILD the border fence and ENFORCE OUR LAWS.

If the Govt. enforced our federal immigration laws AND built the fence, and perhaps put more patrol (e.g., military) on the border other than border guards -- it'd drastically cut down on the amount of illegal immigrant deaths due to them risking the desert crossing and those that die at the hands of human smugglers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or