U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 02:05 AM

18,516 posts, read 16,525,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
Well that stinks.

OK, maybe building a fence per se would be stopped ... but planting some plants would be allowed, wouldn't it? I mean, that's not breaking ANY laws whatsoever.

What if a bunch of "greenies" got together and planted tons of "fast growing cactus" along the border? Some of those cactus grow to about 10ft (and higher) with a width of 5ft (and wider).

No one would be able to illegally cross a border that was wall-to-wall cactus.
Cactus? that would just feed them on the way here. They make juice out of cactus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 02:13 AM

894 posts, read 603,910 times
OK, I didn't know this.

Cactus have needles on them that contain bacteria. If you're scraped by one, or the skin is punctured, the bacteria can enter your bloodstream and make you very ill and in some instances it can be life threatening.

My Father stepped on a cactus once and the needle went into his foot. Later in the day he began to run a high fever and was admitted to the hospital with brain swelling. He almost died from it.

I thought cactus might be a good idea because it acts as a natural fence.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:48 AM

2,303 posts, read 1,242,634 times
I think if you really want to see what the administration has planned for immigration reform, all you need to do is look/think about what they are actually trying to do now....and that's keep it EXACTLY the way it is and do nothing. They're fighting Arizona to keep them from doing anything about it themselves so that it stays the way it is there and all the other states as well.

Think about it, if they try to do reform, they'll have to go for amnesty...they don't want to lose any of the Hispanic vote...they want to add to it with all the people they'll be giving amnesty to. Anything less than that, will be no better than what the republicans might be able to do any way. If the do cram something through congress like they did with the HC bill, that does provide amnesty, they know that will cost them a lot of the independent voters for sure....which their losing more and more of every day. They can't keep losing those voters, that's who decides who wins so, they want it to stay the way it is.

Everything seems to be about winning on election day......everything they do seems to be geared towards nothing but that. They just keep trying to string people in the thinking that they're the ones that are going to make the right changes and they're trying as hard as they can but, the last guy made a mess for the past 8 years and it's all his fault....and he was a republican too.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:07 AM

894 posts, read 603,910 times
I'm an Independent but am very conservative and usually vote Republican. I have voted for some centrist/conservative Democrats in prior elections, and would not hesitate to do so in future elections.

I vote for candidates based on their voting track records with regard to illegal immigration (posted at NumbersUSA) and other factors I consider to be important (jobs, education, environment, clean energy).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration