U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 03:04 PM

21,185 posts, read 15,352,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elezah1288 View Post
Jon Stewart may make light of anchor babies but they grow up to be gangs members, drug dealers and our prisons are full of them and we cannot do anything about them because they are american citizens. They take up space in our schools until they can drop out and begin their career in crime which is a lucrative business here in America.
You mean like these folks?

Michelle Malkin
Gov. Bobby Jindal
Gov. Mitt Romney (his father was born in Mexico)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 08:56 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,186,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You mean like these folks?

Michelle Malkin
Gov. Bobby Jindal
Gov. Mitt Romney (his father was born in Mexico)
Sorry, but none of these are anchor babies.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:59 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,987,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
I'm sure Jon Stewart will think it's absolutely hysterical when some drunk unlicensed illegal slams into one of his relatives and kills them.............

This video really has zero place on this forum imho

Old 08-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Yac

5,883 posts, read 6,316,747 times
I disagree. The clip is a social comment wrapped in comedy, from a well known source. Whether it's funny or not is a personal thing (I didn't find it that hilarious, but that's beside the point). Whether it's accurate or not is another. (remember this is comedy, not news. It doesn't really have to be accurate since he's trying to make people laugh, not inform them)
It deals with illegal immigration, that's why if anywhere, it belongs here.
Yac.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:32 PM

3,858 posts, read 5,980,698 times
I don't condone illegal immigration but FoxNews and a US Congressman depicting illegals as some kind of subhumans who "don't love their kids" and ONLY have them to gain US benefits or to raise sleeper terrorists is over the top.

It reminds me of the Star Trek episode where a Cardassian child is talking to his father:
Jil Orra: Do Humans have mothers and fathers?
Gul Madred: Yes. But Human mothers and fathers don't love their children as we do.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:44 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,956,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
I don't condone illegal immigration but FoxNews and a US Congressman depicting illegals as some kind of subhumans who "don't love their kids" and ONLY have them to gain US benefits or to raise sleeper terrorists is over the top.

It reminds me of the Star Trek episode where a Cardassian child is talking to his father:
Jil Orra: Do Humans have mothers and fathers?
Gul Madred: Yes. But Human mothers and fathers don't love their children as we do.
For once I can agree with you to a point.
However, many illegals leave family behind to come here only to hook up with someone new and start a new family. Where is the parental concern for the kids left behind?

Old 08-12-2010, 10:05 AM

27 posts, read 13,443 times
I bet when there is a drive by shooting at the white house, they move in next door and compete for his job, we will see Obama respond.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:41 PM

4,207 posts, read 5,498,290 times
"It is utterly and totally impossible to mingle all the various families of men, from the lowest form of Hottentot up to the highest Caucasian, in the same society". Sen. Edgar Cowan 1861-1867

Beware the Hottentot anchor babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration