U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 09:33 AM

339 posts, read 264,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Local law enforcement has always had the authority to enforce federal laws. Nothing partisan about it.

Who enforced Federal laws and our Constitution before the first federal law agency? It was not Mickey Mouse or any assclown in Washington.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to argue here.

Are you endorsing militias with this?

If so:

a) what's that got to do with all this?

b) if you have a militia, you need some rules it has to follow, otherwise it's just an uncontrolled mob. Who oversees these rules? --> you need an independent body of law to keep the militia in check. And there you go, you have something similar to the present state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 09:57 AM

9,605 posts, read 14,273,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So you do understand, why Conservatives are the party of "NO"!

The Progressives always say the conservatives have no ideas and no solutions.
Conservatives have plenty of ideas and solutions. Problem is, they don't tend to be constitutionally sound.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:16 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Conservatives have plenty of ideas and solutions. Problem is, they don't tend to be constitutionally sound.
Nothing unconstitutional about deporting millions of illegal aliens either by voluntarily or involuntary methods. But the libs call conservatists racists for that.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:23 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
"It is possible that the original intent with this law was legitimate, but the way it has been formulated opens the door for law enforcement to randomly stop and question every citizen. This surely isn't what you or the original petitioners wanted, is it? One should never give any government the legal means to stop/question/arrest people without solid cause".

Are you another one who hasn't read the law? No one can be stopped/questioned or arrested without solid cause. Opens the door for unlawful stops? Sure if you are a cop who doesn't follow the rules. Should we disband all LE agencies and stop making laws because of the few bad cops? No, you continue to make and enforce laws and weed out the bad cops as they are found and most cops do adhere to their training and the rules.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:41 PM

216 posts, read 198,570 times
You know, its stupid we finally decide to enforce our laws and all these law breakers think they can stop it based on anything under the sun. Law and Order is what we want and will have.
When people don't follow the rules we get serious division based on too many getting away with not being a decent assimilated part of an community. melting pot.not overwrong by illegal aliens!

Old 08-05-2010, 06:03 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,383,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
"It is possible that the original intent with this law was legitimate, but the way it has been formulated opens the door for law enforcement to randomly stop and question every citizen. This surely isn't what you or the original petitioners wanted, is it? One should never give any government the legal means to stop/question/arrest people without solid cause".

Are you another one who hasn't read the law? No one can be stopped/questioned or arrested without solid cause. Opens the door for unlawful stops? Sure if you are a cop who doesn't follow the rules. Should we disband all LE agencies and stop making laws because of the few bad cops? No, you continue to make and enforce laws and weed out the bad cops as they are found and most cops do adhere to their training and the rules.
I agree. This guy hasn't read the law. And if a cop wanted to discriminate he would do it whether the law said he could or not.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:44 AM

339 posts, read 264,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I agree. This guy hasn't read the law. And if a cop wanted to discriminate he would do it whether the law said he could or not.
And this is the point where I stop caring about this thread.

But go ahead, assume that I haven't read the law or the different legal interpretations if it makes you feel better.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:56 AM

3,054 posts, read 5,028,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuendel View Post
And this is the point where I stop caring about this thread.

But go ahead, assume that I haven't read the law or the different legal interpretations if it makes you feel better.

Your arguements in this thread prove you either are an illegal, support illegals because your favorite political moron does, or have not read the Constitution fully and /or understands that when the federal government refuses to do their job, then the Constitution REQUIRES the States to do the job. In this case the feds are refusing to protect the USA from this group of invaders (and yes, they are invaders, taught by the government of mexico that they should strive to move to the USA and send the us dollar back to mexico, and to fight US Citizens who say stay the hell out-don't believe me, then look it up under the mexican education system requirements for their students, so yes, it is an invasion).
This is a case of Conservatives having a solution to a major problem, but jealousy, and the preventing of illegal votes for looney left politicians have the nutjob left bent out of shape a State might actually do what they SHOULD do!

Old 08-07-2010, 01:25 PM

60,081 posts, read 30,599,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuendel View Post
I'm not really sure what you are trying to argue here.

Are you endorsing militias with this?

If so:

a) what's that got to do with all this?

b) if you have a militia, you need some rules it has to follow, otherwise it's just an uncontrolled mob. Who oversees these rules? --> you need an independent body of law to keep the militia in check. And there you go, you have something similar to the present state.

Militia?

You got militia out of that?

Your mind is going all directions?

I'm talking the first line of defense. Local law enforcement and citizens.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:52 PM

3,717 posts, read 4,494,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
What amazes me in this whole thing is that Obama has taken the side of illegal non-citizens over the side of citizens. And apparently, nobody really cares. Unbeliveable.
I'm sure more people are starting to care, and yes the master
plan set by George Soros is right on track

Take a moment and connect the dots as what has happened
and the direction they have in store for the United States
here are just a few

"promoting open borders, mass immigration, and a watering down of current immigration laws"

"defending the civil rights and liberties of suspected anti-American terrorists and their abetters"

Oh and it get's better just click on the following link and
remember to keep an open mind

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i....asp?indid=977
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration