U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 05:56 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
The thing I don't understand is why are all these Latin/Hispanic groups spending so much time and money trying to protect the illegals rather than fighting the Mexican govt to improve the conditions in Mexico. I don't understand. If the illegals are coming here to improve their living conditions and sending their money back to Mexico why wouldn't these groups do the humanitarian thing to improve Mexico so the illegals don't have to leave their homeland?
One word, "reconquista".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 06:13 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Y'all is a Southern expression here! Are you sure you're an Aussie?

Honey, I'm from about as far SOUTH as it's possible to be unless you're a penguin

Ain't just the belles in the USA that get to be GRITS ya know

Old 08-05-2010, 07:24 PM

2,791 posts, read 3,554,042 times
Quote:
The thing I don't understand is why are all these Latin/Hispanic groups spending so much time and money trying to protect the illegals rather than fighting the Mexican govt to improve the conditions in Mexico. I don't understand. If the illegals are coming here to improve their living conditions and sending their money back to Mexico why wouldn't these groups do the humanitarian thing to improve Mexico so the illegals don't have to leave their homeland?
Because it's EASIER to go to court here than it is to do the HARD work of fixing Mexico, of course!

Old 08-05-2010, 08:07 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,581,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Funny how it's not racism yet it's ALWAYS without fail LATINO advocacy groups - hmmmmmmmmmm

Could have sworn the laws are about ILLEGAL immigration.

Will this group sue if a say person of Asian or European extraction is asked to provide same?

Guess we better not hold our breath for THAT one.
It's because they (Latinos and latino groups) know that most undocumented people are Hispanic/Latino and because of that they start getting scared and threatened. It's kinda as though they are admitting, "Yes, we are the majority of illegal immigrants here and we will be most affected by these laws." Kinda dumb if you ask me. Yet, they always got to fight ... fight to beg and ask the nation to make it OK for undocumented people to be here illegally.

By the way ... Virginia needs this type of ability for their State Police. Virginia is a link between Mexico and the Northern US for drugs smuggled in from Mexico. The State Troopers need to be able to get rid of the undocumented people that are coming here to work the drug trade. That's not to say that there are no legal residents doing the same transport of drugs, but at least the undocumented people will be charged and on file and actually, in jail.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:15 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,447,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InThemiddleToo View Post
Hope they go broke sueing , we'll see when it goes a little further how much cash the general public will spend to fight these aholes.
I'd be surprised if they have to pay for a lawyer. There are so many Latino Attorneys who feel the same way that they do, that they have the right to be here, AND get everything paid for. We actually heard this guy laughing, telling someone that they get everything paid for by the government, thats why they can spend their money on top notch cell phones and fix their cars up. .They are disgusting. We pay for everything for them, and they laugh right in our faces!

Old 08-06-2010, 03:43 AM

216 posts, read 198,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Funny how it's not racism yet it's ALWAYS without fail LATINO advocacy groups - hmmmmmmmmmm

Could have sworn the laws are about ILLEGAL immigration.

Will this group sue if a say person of Asian or European extraction is asked to provide same?

Guess we better not hold our breath for THAT one.
Oh how they forget we are all Caucasian.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:27 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,858,327 times
I think I better sue the Massachusetts State Police. The last time they stopped me they checked to see if I had any warrants and a valid driver's license.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:07 PM

16,416 posts, read 27,928,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I'd be surprised if they have to pay for a lawyer. There are so many Latino Attorneys who feel the same way that they do, that they have the right to be here, AND get everything paid for. We actually heard this guy laughing, telling someone that they get everything paid for by the government, thats why they can spend their money on top notch cell phones and fix their cars up. .They are disgusting. We pay for everything for them, and they laugh right in our faces!
That's what cellphones with video are for.

Next time record it and post it on YouTube.

Seriously. The taxpayers of the USA are being played for fools, working our butts off and getting to keep less and less of our hard-earned money because it is grabbed by the government to keep these skells.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:10 PM

16,416 posts, read 27,928,273 times
Quote:
Because they'd be given their last cigarette, blindfolded and lined up in front of the firing squad and shot to death if they dared protest ANYTHING about the social conditions in Mexico. The upper classes like things the way it is and they have the money to make sure the government works in their favor.

(Kinda sounds like the USA is getting ...)

Old 08-06-2010, 03:41 PM

4,636 posts, read 4,945,754 times
The illegals will learn not to treat Virginia like a doormat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration