U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:25 AM

216 posts, read 199,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
They are Hispanic so they must be "anchor babies".
Well they sure are doing a good job of denoucing being for the USA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 11:42 AM

3,806 posts, read 5,022,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
They don't hate western civilisation - they LOVE it. They love it so much they expect the rest of us to just up and leave and let THEM have what the hated "white folks" worked so hard to build, free gratis.............because after all it's THEIR "continent", no?
The US took half of Mexico and to make it worse it took the half with all the good cities and infrastructure.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:35 PM

113 posts, read 167,300 times
Citizenship by birth has to go. Groups are making big money out of being paid to organize and take care of people from overseas, who come here for the sole purpose of giving birth of a baby, to be granted citizenship.

It is also why most other industrialized nations now require at least one of the parents be a citizen, for a child to qualify; which I believe is more than reasonable and fair.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:18 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,185,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
The US took half of Mexico and to make it worse it took the half with all the good cities and infrastructure.
WTH? Those good cities and their infrastructures were built afterwards. The U.S. did not take half of Mexico anyway. They paid 15 million dollars to Mexico for some southwest territories.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:46 PM

3,806 posts, read 5,022,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
WTH? Those good cities and their infrastructures were built afterwards. The U.S. did not take half of Mexico anyway. They paid 15 million dollars to Mexico for some southwest territories.
I was being sarcaastic.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:21 PM

5,206 posts, read 4,130,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klm144 View Post
Citizenship by birth has to go. Groups are making big money out of being paid to organize and take care of people from overseas, who come here for the sole purpose of giving birth of a baby, to be granted citizenship.

It is also why most other industrialized nations now require at least one of the parents be a citizen, for a child to qualify; which I believe is more than reasonable and fair.
I think we should just adopt Mexico's immigration laws.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:37 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,986,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I think we should just adopt Mexico's immigration laws.

All well and good except - Mexico has citizenship by "right of soil" - aka birthright citizenship. Any child born within the confines of Mexican territory is automatically a Mexican citizen.

But then they ALSO have citizenship by "right of blood" where any child born of Mexican citizens OUTSIDE Mexico (ie US anchor babies) have automatic citizenship rights in Mexico.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:46 AM

4,628 posts, read 9,054,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Try responding without personal attacks and try refuting what I said instead.
OK, you only reiterated what I said. You said nothing contradictory. In your post, with the exclusion of "re-read [by] first sentence and you [that would be the person you directed your post at - me] will see what this has to do with illegal immigration" when I'd already addressed the issue.

But I am glad that you agreed with my post. And you are continuing to reiterate what I said in your subsequent posts. Why on earth would I refute what you said, when you're only copying what I originally said? I'm glad I could help you articulate your "arguments".

Old 08-09-2010, 08:53 AM

4,628 posts, read 9,054,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
they are shaming us into submission being helped by our sell out government.
mccain for president.
No, I'm not ashamed of anything about this country. Sorry about McCain (I really am); it's far too late for him. He made a colossal mistake in his VP choice and that sank his ship.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:28 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,255,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
How do you know they are "anchor babies"? How do you spot an "anchor baby"? You anti-Latino/Hispanic posters claim it's not about race but your posts clearly reveal otherwise. Most of the things posted on this board are not based in facts but assumptions.
Anchor babies, illegals, legals, Pro-illegals, what difference does it make? What they're NOT is True Americans who Love this country.
Not that that makes much difference to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration