Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 11:50 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times

Advertisements

I was looking around online for any sign of a copy of a formal agreement btw Mexico and the US allowing Mexican nationals to enter the US however they can. This is all I've found so far; it's not an agreement but it is an official statement from the Mexican Embassy in DC. If anyone knows of further formal information on it your post is appreciated!

This is a page in a submenu of the Embassy's website (a very unprofessional job IMO -- check the FAQ section -- and many English pages are clearly verbatim cut and pastes from a web translation program).

Embassy of Mexico in Washington - MIGRATION

Its main menu is titled "Bilateral Relation" in the T of C, "Mexico-US Relations" on its main page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 05:44 PM

So what do you think?

Old 08-06-2010, 05:50 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,652,857 times
This proves Mexico only want to leech off the USA.

Can anyone factually tell me why we need mexican labors when we've got millions of able-bodied bums on the government's tit?

Old 08-06-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post

Can anyone factually tell me why we need mexican labors when we've got millions of able-bodied bums on the government's tit?
I was hoping it might be possible to read between the lines at the embassy's page(s).

Old 08-06-2010, 06:06 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,170 times
Quote:
That's exactly right. They feel they're entitled to that.
They've been always open about that concept.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
That's exactly right. They feel they're entitled to that.
They've been always open about that concept.
Could you give a link to a source on the internet in which any representative from either government expresses that? I'm interested in tracking down the details of this, how it came to this point, arent you? If you know, please give links.

North American Agreement on Labor Cooperation

Towards a Partnership for Prosperity - THE GUANAJUATO PROPOSAL International Migration English

Old 08-06-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I was hoping it might be possible to read between the lines at the embassy's page(s).
Exactly what lines are you implying?

From what I got from the page:

They want to make border jumpers legal and safe while on the taxpayer's dime.

We REALLY need mexican labor, even though unemployment hovers 10% AND we have millions of welfare slugs of our own sitting around doing nothing.

They want to make illegal aliens to have the same rights as we do while working.

They want to make the mexicans immigrating into this country a priority.

I can go on, providing I read it a second time.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Could you give a link to a source on the internet in which any representative from either government expresses that? I'm interested in tracking down the details of this, how it came to this point, arent you? If you know, please give links.

North American Agreement on Labor Cooperation

Towards a Partnership for Prosperity - THE GUANAJUATO PROPOSAL International Migration English
I'm getting tired of hearing about the south of the border.

How about anything related to the north of our border? Any sources on what's been happening on that? How did the Canadians/Canada fare since NAFTA? Etc etc.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
I'm getting tired of hearing about the south of the border.

How about anything related to the north of our border? Any sources on what's been happening on that? How did the Canadians/Canada fare since NAFTA? Etc etc.
Well, let's look it up, shall we?

In fact one of those documents talks some about Canada's role in this trilateral agreement. Perhaps more documents exist online.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Exactly what lines are you implying?

From what I got from the page:

They want to make border jumpers legal and safe while on the taxpayer's dime.

We REALLY need mexican labor, even though unemployment hovers 10% AND we have millions of welfare slugs of our own sitting around doing nothing.

They want to make illegal aliens to have the same rights as we do while working.

They want to make the mexicans immigrating into this country a priority.

I can go on, providing I read it a second time.
I'm not "implying" anything. Ive explained it enough, but I'm looking for serious information on this agreement, trying to find out how we got to this state of chaos. These are what Ive found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration