U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-06-2010, 11:50 AM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,858,849 times
Reputation: 6156

Advertisements

I was looking around online for any sign of a copy of a formal agreement btw Mexico and the US allowing Mexican nationals to enter the US however they can. This is all I've found so far; it's not an agreement but it is an official statement from the Mexican Embassy in DC. If anyone knows of further formal information on it your post is appreciated!

This is a page in a submenu of the Embassy's website (a very unprofessional job IMO -- check the FAQ section -- and many English pages are clearly verbatim cut and pastes from a web translation program).

Embassy of Mexico in Washington - MIGRATION

Its main menu is titled "Bilateral Relation" in the T of C, "Mexico-US Relations" on its main page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-06-2010, 05:44 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,858,849 times
Reputation: 6156
So what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2010, 05:50 PM
 
1,891 posts, read 2,178,918 times
Reputation: 909
This proves Mexico only want to leech off the USA.

Can anyone factually tell me why we need mexican labors when we've got millions of able-bodied bums on the government's tit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2010, 05:56 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,858,849 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
This proves Mexico only want to leech off the USA.

Can anyone factually tell me why we need mexican labors when we've got millions of able-bodied bums on the government's tit?
I was hoping it might be possible to read between the lines at the embassy's page(s).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2010, 06:06 PM
 
5,915 posts, read 4,011,769 times
Reputation: 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
This proves Mexico only want to leech off the USA.
That's exactly right. They feel they're entitled to that.
They've been always open about that concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2010, 06:30 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,858,849 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
That's exactly right. They feel they're entitled to that.
They've been always open about that concept.
Could you give a link to a source on the internet in which any representative from either government expresses that? I'm interested in tracking down the details of this, how it came to this point, arent you? If you know, please give links.

North American Agreement on Labor Cooperation

Towards a Partnership for Prosperity - THE GUANAJUATO PROPOSAL International Migration English
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2010, 07:03 PM
 
1,891 posts, read 2,178,918 times
Reputation: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I was hoping it might be possible to read between the lines at the embassy's page(s).
Exactly what lines are you implying?

From what I got from the page:

They want to make border jumpers legal and safe while on the taxpayer's dime.

We REALLY need mexican labor, even though unemployment hovers 10% AND we have millions of welfare slugs of our own sitting around doing nothing.

They want to make illegal aliens to have the same rights as we do while working.

They want to make the mexicans immigrating into this country a priority.

I can go on, providing I read it a second time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2010, 07:06 PM
 
1,891 posts, read 2,178,918 times
Reputation: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Could you give a link to a source on the internet in which any representative from either government expresses that? I'm interested in tracking down the details of this, how it came to this point, arent you? If you know, please give links.

North American Agreement on Labor Cooperation

Towards a Partnership for Prosperity - THE GUANAJUATO PROPOSAL International Migration English
I'm getting tired of hearing about the south of the border.

How about anything related to the north of our border? Any sources on what's been happening on that? How did the Canadians/Canada fare since NAFTA? Etc etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2010, 07:51 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,858,849 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
I'm getting tired of hearing about the south of the border.

How about anything related to the north of our border? Any sources on what's been happening on that? How did the Canadians/Canada fare since NAFTA? Etc etc.
Well, let's look it up, shall we?

In fact one of those documents talks some about Canada's role in this trilateral agreement. Perhaps more documents exist online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2010, 07:53 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,858,849 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Exactly what lines are you implying?

From what I got from the page:

They want to make border jumpers legal and safe while on the taxpayer's dime.

We REALLY need mexican labor, even though unemployment hovers 10% AND we have millions of welfare slugs of our own sitting around doing nothing.

They want to make illegal aliens to have the same rights as we do while working.

They want to make the mexicans immigrating into this country a priority.

I can go on, providing I read it a second time.
I'm not "implying" anything. Ive explained it enough, but I'm looking for serious information on this agreement, trying to find out how we got to this state of chaos. These are what Ive found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top