Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 11:32 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times

Advertisements

Fraud & abuse: earned income tax credit by unlawful immigrants | Before It's News

I hadn't thought about this because more popular social services are so blatantly abused.

Quote:
“More than one in four immigrant households received the EITC in 2000—nearly twice the 13.2 percent rate of households headed by Native Americans. And because immigrant households are larger via higher fertility, their EITC payments are larger than those received by native households.

“Bottom line: Immigrants accounted for about 13 percent of the U.S. population in 2008 but receive an estimated 26 percent of EITC benefits—about $12 billion.”

Moderator cut: shortened, copyright protection

There seems to be no end....practices like this must be stopped by dissuading illegals immigration by enforcing our laws, amending the Constitution and deporting, self or forced. amnesty will just further perpetuate this gouging as well as inviting others to join.

Last edited by Yac; 03-12-2010 at 03:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 11:45 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
This abuse indeed needs to stop. Just a comment to one of the remarks made in the article. "Immigrants (aka illegal aliens) have a higher fertility rate, etc." No, it's not that they are more fertile it is that they don't practice much birth control and produce kids they can't feed. Oh wait, yes they can afford to feed them "on our dime"!

Old 03-11-2010, 12:27 PM

Doesn't anyone at the White house ever get or read the news?

Old 03-11-2010, 08:01 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Yea, I am surprised no one has been talking about this. I am 26, I don't have any children and I was doing my tax return, ... I thought to myself, "I wonder how illegal immigrants are working this to get more back." I mean, I am a US natural-born citizen and if I lie or cheat to get more money back than what I am legally allowed then I'm going to jail. It's also kinda sick that people can come here illegally and once again rape the country of more money in this way. I get my tax return based on honesty answers, but the illegal immigrant can live, work in this country AND then unfairly receive more money from my own government than I do. LOL Comedy.

What a deal.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:04 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
This abuse indeed needs to stop. Just a comment to one of the remarks made in the article. "Immigrants (aka illegal aliens) have a higher fertility rate, etc." No, it's not that they are more fertile it is that they don't practice much birth control and produce kids they can't feed. Oh wait, yes they can afford to feed them "on our dime"!
LOL I noticed that too. I was like, "Higher fertility? What?" But yea, there are a few tax service places in my city that were advertised in the Spanish-language newsletter. I wondered just how many illegal immigrants could walk into that place and get help to steal money.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:57 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Yea, I am surprised no one has been talking about this. I am 26, I don't have any children and I was doing my tax return, ... I thought to myself, "I wonder how illegal immigrants are working this to get more back." I mean, I am a US natural-born citizen and if I lie or cheat to get more money back than what I am legally allowed then I'm going to jail. It's also kinda sick that people can come here illegally and once again rape the country of more money in this way. I get my tax return based on honesty answers, but the illegal immigrant can live, work in this country AND then unfairly receive more money from my own government than I do. LOL Comedy.

What a deal.
It's easy for them to cheat because they are allowed to falsify documents.

One couple here was having a disabled green card holder as the father on the birth certifcates of their four (then most likely many more by now) children who were born here. I'm not sure this was even necessary because the anchor children would have probably got them plenty of EITC without this scam but the green card holder would file an income tax statement since he made little money but legally and the 3 would split their EITC jackpot money.

Felony document fraud reaps many many rewards.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:07 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
You have two different things going on here and dont expect Frosty Woodbridge or Ed Rubenstein to clarify the points, but let me point out what is fact and what is conjecture.

Lets start with this little gem...

More than one in four immigrant households received the EITC in 2000—nearly twice the 13.2 percent rate of households headed by Native Americans. And because immigrant households are larger via higher fertility, their EITC payments are larger than those received by native households.

when Rubenstein uses the number for "immigrants" households using EITC, these are numbers from the Federal Government, from Legal tax filings by Documented immigrants. And as legal income Tax filers, immigrants are allowed to claim the EI credit. Now the Junk highlighted in red is pure conjecture and is ridiculous.

Here's another one...

“But enthusiasm for the credit has blinded policy makers to its problems. The EITC program is dominated by fraud. Year after year about one-third of all EITC returns are based on illegal multiple returns, phony Social Security numbers, or claims of non-existent children or spouses. A disproportionate share of illegal alien households receives the benefit.

Again Rubenstrin giving statistics of the fraud from all Tax Filers abusing the EITC program. again the highligted area is conjecture with no way Rubenstein could know what share of fraud dollars is going to Illegal alien housholds.

This is Frosty's contribution, tucked nicely between two of Rubenstein's quoted passages...

The most distressing aspect of EITC stems from unlawful immigrants tapping into the program on a massive scale. For example, in Greeley, Colorado this year, district attorney Buck Young raided a tax filing agency to find over 1,000 fraudulent returns by unlawful workers. While they paid little or nothing in taxes, they received hundreds of thousands in bogus returns. That same scam multiplies all over the country.

We all read and commented on this story a couple of days ago. Frosty has no way of knowing if Illegals are "Tapping into the EI Credits". Law officals were at their preliminary stage of investigation. To try to connect EITC fraud and false income tax fillings by illegal immigrants is a stretch at best. But Frosty your highlighted statement is flat out conjecture...

Last edited by 1751texan; 03-12-2010 at 12:15 AM..

Old 03-12-2010, 05:49 AM

I really do not understand your point, it seems to be proving exactly what the original post is staing. Can you please simplify for this "needing it simplified" person?

Old 03-12-2010, 07:29 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's easy for them to cheat because they are allowed to falsify documents.

One couple here was having a disabled green card holder as the father on the birth certifcates of their four (then most likely many more by now) children who were born here. I'm not sure this was even necessary because the anchor children would have probably got them plenty of EITC without this scam but the green card holder would file an income tax statement since he made little money but legally and the 3 would split their EITC jackpot money.

Felony document fraud reaps many many rewards.
They busted a ring in Greeley CO where they found THOUSANDS of cases like this.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:05 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
We all read and commented on this story a couple of days ago. Frosty has no way of knowing if Illegals are "Tapping into the EI Credits". Law officals were at their preliminary stage of investigation. To try to connect EITC fraud and false income tax fillings by illegal immigrants is a stretch at best. But Frosty your highlighted statement is flat out conjecture...
C’mon, why on earth would illegal aliens NOT abuse this tax credit? Do you honestly think if they exploit our other laws, they would not avail themselves of this? Plus, that’s one of the perks of giving birth on U.S. soil. They know all of the tricks of the trade, and don’t hesitate to use them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration