U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 04:52 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,829,083 times

Advertisements

Words fail me, especially when the story refers to the killer as a "suspected" drunk driver.

A friend close to the situation tells me that when the first ambulance arrived, they found the ILLEGAL passed out on the side of the road where he fell after staggering from his car. After being taken to the hospital, his family soon arrived and was apologizing to everyone and anyone. My question is why wasn't ICE rounding them up for immediate deportation?

A second victim, another of the nuns, is in critical condition and is unlikley to survive from the description of her injuries. I hope for a miracle for her.

"A 66-year-old nun whose death in a drunk driving accident has fueled an already-heated national immigration debate is being buried Friday at the wooded Virginia monastery where she lived, in a service rich with the special rituals of her community."

washingtonpost.com

Last edited by Workin_Hard; 08-06-2010 at 05:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 05:11 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times
I sincerely hope they DO upgrade the charge to murder

Old 08-06-2010, 05:34 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
This is both tragic and preventable. How much carnage are we to endure? What will it take for the security of this country to become paramount to our so-called leadership?

Old 08-06-2010, 05:40 PM

10,395 posts, read 8,344,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is both tragic and preventable. How much carnage are we to endure? What will it take for the security of this country to become paramount to our so-called leadership?
Remember these morons next time we go to the polls. Re-elect no one!

Old 08-06-2010, 05:55 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
I wonder if they had a policy similar to Virginia Beach.

Quote:
On March 30, 2007, in Virginia Beach, Va., Allison Kuhnhardt, 17, and Tessa Tranchant, 16, were stopped, while waiting at a red light. They were killed by Alfredo Ramos, 22, who was drunk and traveling at a high rate of speed.

While Ramos had already been convicted of a DUI, Virginia Beach policy dictated that an illegal alien be convicted of three DUI's before police would report them to federal immigration authorities. Virginia Beach police have since taken a more active role in determining the citizenship of those they arrest.
Read the powerful words of a father whose daughter was killed by an illegal alien

Old 08-06-2010, 06:02 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,328,749 times
They need to fly Ms. Kathleen Rice, (Nassau Cty. NY) in, to handle the case. She'll make short work of that drunk driver,
in fact, she eats em' for breakfast before showing up in court

Old 08-06-2010, 07:16 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,178,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I wonder if they had a policy similar to Virginia Beach.

Read the powerful words of a father whose daughter was killed by an illegal alien
Let this be a grave warning to anyone:

Illegal aliens are a BIG problem in Virginia! MASSIVE!

The link you provided had an interesting paragraph:

Quote:
My great grandfather immigrated from France in 1920. He later went back home. Hed had enough. Poor working conditions in the coal mines here, everyone made him speak English for safety reasons, his son and wife died, etc.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:37 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
I wonder if this set of nuns are open borders nuns who do all they can to have foreigners coming here breaking the immigration laws of this country? Then it would only be what they've worked for and less sad than some innocent person being killed.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:44 PM

4,088 posts, read 3,545,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I wonder if this set of nuns are open borders nuns who do all they can to have foreigners coming here breaking the immigration laws of this country? Then it would only be what they've worked for and less sad than some innocent person being killed.

If the dark ages ever fully descend on our poor country, then this post will stand as Exhibit A that, on some level, we had it coming.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:45 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't think most Catholics are for open borders but since they have made their churches santuaries for illegal aliens they have encouraged these kinds of things to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or