U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 01:03 PM

113 posts, read 167,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Well, it amazes me how the government can pack up all manner of weapons, and soldiers to send to a foreign land, and kill thousands of people, occupy permanent bases with such skill, and yet, arresting, and deporting millions of illegal parasites is "not practical".
What is even more amazing is how it is apparently unconstitutional for Arizona to take measures into their own hands, in order to protect its state. Yet totally okay for cities to establish themselves as sanctuaries. Why isn't the federal government suing those cities?

It does not take a genius to realize that terrorist do not need to bother using airports, when they can literally walk and carry anything with them, straight from Mexico.

Last edited by klm144; 08-08-2010 at 01:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 01:04 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klm144 View Post
As a foreigner who came here legally, it drives me up the wall when I hear idiots label illegal aliens, which is what they are, undocumented immigrants.

How about I perform open heart surgery on one of these idiots and then when it goes wrong, I get to claim I am simply an undocumented surgeon. I meant well, but I just did not have the appropriate papers stating I am qualified to place a bandage let alone carry out surgery.
Your sentiment is shared by many legal immigrants. My ex is a legal immigrant who went through the arduous process, and loathes the coddling illegal aliens receive. Why should anyone choose to play by the rules, when they see the red carpet greeting those who flagrantly violate our laws? It’s more than a slap in the face; it’s a lethal stab in the back.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:09 PM

Apparently once amnesty is granted, they are going to pay a fine.

I too would like the luxury of not paying taxes for a decade or more and then be able to simply pay a $4k fine and also be rewarded with citizenship.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:22 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Quote:
Apparently once amnesty is granted, they are going to pay a fine.

I too would like the luxury of not paying taxes for a decade or more and then be able to simply pay a $4k fine and also be rewarded with citizenship.
The fine is a joke. I’m sure most criminals would prefer a $500 fine (the most recent proposed amount), rather than receive punishment for their crimes. Also, they won’t be required to pay back taxes if they “affirm” they owe none. How will the IRS even determine what they owe?

Old 08-08-2010, 01:32 PM

5,205 posts, read 4,119,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Well, it amazes me how the government can pack up all manner of weapons, and soldiers to send to a foreign land, and kill thousands of people, occupy permanent bases with such skill, and yet, arresting, and deporting millions of illegal parasites is "not practical".

Boy, that is a great understatement.

Are the laughing when thay say that?
Seems like a good 'target rich area'.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:13 PM

1,150 posts, read 992,618 times
If I rob a bank, can I claim it's not illegal, it's just an undocumented withdrawal?

Old 08-08-2010, 03:16 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times
They use that term trying to make it sound like all they're missing is "a little paperwork" - rather than what they are which is criminals

Old 08-08-2010, 03:47 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,663,703 times
Quote:
Why should Latin Americans dominate the immigration system, by basically strong-arming their way into the country
Illegals demand fairness without being fair to others.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:32 PM

My favorite tactic in all this immigration debate is this push for reform, which is basically amnesty for illegals worded nicely.

Reform is ensuring illegal aliens cannot enter or function in the United States. Reform is ensuring they have no access to any public service paid for by Americans. Reform is demanding any business or person caught employing them fined well over $50K, ensuring the incentive to hire does not outweigh the risk of penalty; with the fifth offense resulting in a business being shut down. That is reform my friends.

Giving yet another amnesty is certainly not reform, it is simply repeating failed policies.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:39 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Quote:
My favorite tactic in all this immigration debate is this push for reform, which is basically amnesty for illegals worded nicely.

Reform is ensuring illegal aliens cannot enter or function in the United States. Reform is ensuring they have no access to any public service paid for by Americans. Reform is demanding any business or person caught employing them fined well over $50K, ensuring the incentive to hire does not outweigh the risk of penalty; with the fifth offense resulting in a business being shut down. That is reform my friends.

Giving yet another amnesty is certainly not reform, it is simply repeating failed policies.
Well said. Reform to some means throwing in the towel and saying ah shucks we'll gettem next time. No talk of securing the border, no talk of strict enforcement. In other words no talk of any prevention. We'll give them amnesty and that will teach them a lesson for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or