U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-08-2010, 05:19 PM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,395 posts, read 8,346,895 times
Reputation: 7679

Advertisements

It is Orwellian doublespeak in 1984 when BIG BROTHER and the Party say PEACE they mean WAR, when they say LOVE they mean HATE, and when they say FREEDOM they mean SLAVERY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-09-2010, 02:51 AM
 
17,022 posts, read 9,066,807 times
Reputation: 5685
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I see your point, so the following could be:

Drug dealers - Undocumented Pharmacists,
Pimps - Undocumented Dating Consultants,
Thieves - Undocumented Redistribution Specialists,
Rapists - Undocumented Sex Therapy Technicians,
Murderers - Undocumented Population Control Providers,


How about this latest little gem;

About two weeks ago Park Officials (Arizona IIRC) caught an illegal from Mexico tending a pot farming operation going on in the park.

Since he didn't actually reside in the U.S. he was referred to as an "Undocumented Foreign Traveller".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2010, 02:59 AM
 
17,022 posts, read 9,066,807 times
Reputation: 5685
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Illegals demand fairness without being fair to others.

Inspired by liberal "tolerance"?

Pick & choose what to be tolerant of and demand the same of all others while you condemn ideas with a sound moral basis?

Exactly what it sounds like.
No wonder why illegals have left wing support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2010, 06:53 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,243 posts, read 14,734,919 times
Reputation: 4583
The problem is that Congress has, for decades, failed to deal with the issue. Right now, we know the Repubs do not want to do anything, hopefully in Nov, we will have enough Dems in Congress, to actually deal with the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2010, 08:49 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The problem is that Congress has, for decades, failed to deal with the issue. Right now, we know the Repubs do not want to do anything, hopefully in Nov, we will have enough Dems in Congress, to actually deal with the situation.
Wrong. The Republicans do want to do something about this situation. They want secure borders and illegal aliens removed from our country either by voluntary means or involuntary means. They want birthright citizenship changed and other incentives removed for them to remain here or to come here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2010, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The problem is that Congress has, for decades, failed to deal with the issue. Right now, we know the Repubs do not want to do anything, hopefully in Nov, we will have enough Dems in Congress, to actually deal with the situation.
Partisan post if there ever was one.
Fact neither party has done a thing to secure the border.
Fact neither party has pushed for strict enforcement of our immigration laws or labor laws.
Fact neither party has done a damn thing besides talk.
The Dems have controled congress for going on 4 years. What have they done? Well we know for a fact that the speaker has no desire to push enforcement. Her own words "its unamerican".
What was the great lion of the Senate's position? You know the fat guy that finally died. Ted Kennedy? Well it sure wasn't enforcement. Appeasment maybe.
Niether party took the problem seriously and still don't. It all smoke and mirrors from both sides.
Partisan thinkers kill me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2010, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Partisan post if there ever was one.
Fact neither party has done a thing to secure the border.
Fact neither party has pushed for strict enforcement of our immigration laws or labor laws.
Fact neither party has done a damn thing besides talk.
The Dems have controled congress for going on 4 years. What have they done? Well we know for a fact that the speaker has no desire to push enforcement. Her own words "its unamerican".
What was the great lion of the Senate's position? You know the fat guy that finally died. Ted Kennedy? Well it sure wasn't enforcement. Appeasment maybe.
Niether party took the problem seriously and still don't. It all smoke and mirrors from both sides.
Partisan thinkers kill me.
The absolute truth! Neither side wants to address this issue, because they are both beholden to the corporate elite who rely on cheap labor. So, while the left and right wrangle on internet forums, and the vitriol flows freely, our politicians are giving each other high-fives for a job well done. It’s a concerted effort similar to the “good cop/bad cop” strategy used in the interrogation process. In reality, both parties are on the same globalist team; and neither gives a damn about us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2010, 12:45 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
Reputation: 47449
corporate american rules DC, they want cheap labor w/ no benefits that is why the law has been ignored by DC, they were told to do so. we, american labor, has been sold out. this part i understand, what i dont understand is the entities that could stop all this are hated and held in utter contempt by the american people, the entities that would stop DC in its tracks and have the borders sealed and our jobs protected we loath, who are they???----AFLCIO and SEIU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2010, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
corporate american rules DC, they want cheap labor w/ no benefits that is why the law has been ignored by DC, they were told to do so. we, american labor, has been sold out. this part i understand, what i dont understand is the entities that could stop all this are hated and held in utter contempt by the american people, the entities that would stop DC in its tracks and have the borders sealed and our jobs protected we loath, who are they???----AFLCIO and SEIU.
The AFL-CIO and SEIU are two of the biggest supporters of illegal immigration in this country. They are as much in bed with big business as our politicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2010, 01:32 PM
 
32,538 posts, read 29,325,866 times
Reputation: 32238
I always thought "undocumented immigrants" was the PC term. In CA, at least, calling an "illegal" an "illegal" is considered very bad form among the libs there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top