Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 01:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The AFL-CIO and SEIU are two of the biggest supporters of illegal immigration in this country. They are as much in bed with big business as our politicians.
you go where labor wants you, nothing new about that. labor unions tend to seek out people with work ethic. as to union corruption, it takes a stalin to stop a hitler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 01:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I always thought "undocumented immigrants" was the PC term. In CA, at least, calling an "illegal" an "illegal" is considered very bad form among the libs there.
guilty as charged. it is sad that the crazies speak for my state.
please be advised that some of us ---minute men law enforcement, so forth, do show some guts, at last the fence is finished. that is the good news. the bad, the problem moved east. please-- when you think of my state-- dont just think of SF, please also remember camp pendleton.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:03 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
you go where labor wants you, nothing new about that. labor unions tend to seek out people with work ethic. as to union corruption, it takes a stalin to stop a hitler.
Agreed. However, regarding their involvement with illegal immigration, I think dwindling membership has been more of an impetus than work ethic.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:09 PM

113 posts, read 190,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The AFL-CIO and SEIU are two of the biggest supporters of illegal immigration in this country. They are as much in bed with big business as our politicians.
Then they are the biggest fools of them all. Illegals aliens suppress wages, drive down living standards, and ultimately take American jobs. The icing on the cake is that we are paying billions for the services they utilize.

Anyone employing illegals aliens has essentially overridden everything unions have fought for over the century, yet these idiots support them. For every one illegal alien employed, that is one less union job. One less American earning an income to pay their bills, take care of their family, and live a good life.

Last edited by klm144; 08-09-2010 at 06:43 PM..

Old 08-09-2010, 06:19 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Labor unions seek out people with work ethic?
Are you sure about that?
I work for a huge corporation and get to travel to other plants. The union plants I have been to do not reflect what you claim. Its always somebody elses job. I have gotten to meet some top shelf techs in these mills but I have also seen some highly protected lazy people too.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:29 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
It's all part of Obamas instructions to be carried out

promoting open borders, mass immigration, and a watering down of current immigration laws

promoting social welfare benefits and amnesty for illegal aliens

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i....asp?indid=977
Yeah .... because there were no illegal immigrants before January 2009

Old 08-09-2010, 06:33 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Yeah .... because there were no illegal immigrants before January 2009
Anyone say that there wern't?
However, Obama's approach to reward illegals is the same as granting an amnesty and its wrong.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:09 PM

113 posts, read 190,433 times
Let us not forget the code words used to avoid the social stigma of illegal aliens like:

Foreign-Born Workforce, Law Abiding Undocumented, Undocumented Workers, Undocumented Immigrants, Undocumented Aliens, Undocumented Migrants, Unauthorized Population, Unauthorized Workers, Foreign-Born Population, Unauthorized Migrants, First Generation, Non-Citizens.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:19 PM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Orwellian speak at it's finest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration