U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-10-2010, 09:29 AM
 
27 posts, read 13,373 times
Reputation: 38

Advertisements

ILLEGAL ALIENS DO PAY TAXES.

If they work for legit businesses they pay taxes. According to rhetoric they pay lots of taxes and they don’t pay taxes. Depending who it benefits at the time. Sometimes they are paid under the table and that will no stop with amnesty. Some Americans are paid under the table for some jobs. If they are legalized they will pay LESS taxes because of earned tax breaks and income tax returns because they are law wage earners and pay very little in taxes if any. Plus their anchor babies receive more in benefits than they parent pay in taxes.

They are needed to pay social security for baby bombers? If they are legalizes who will pay their social security and social security for their anchor babies?

Legalized aliens will receive more in social security benefits then they ever could have paid into the system. And if they bring their elderly parents here, they will receive benefit and never had paid into the system.

No way is legalizing 20 million illegal aliens a win for america.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-10-2010, 09:31 AM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,509 posts, read 27,254,497 times
Reputation: 7563
Riiiiiiiight 5 Million in taxes? That is like what ten cents each?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2010, 09:35 AM
 
Location: bold new city of the south
5,200 posts, read 4,108,387 times
Reputation: 6156
"No way is legalizing 20 million illegal aliens a win for america."

The salient point is Illegal.

We have similar numbers of unemployed (American workers)
and illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2010, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Oxygen Ln. AZ
9,321 posts, read 16,136,339 times
Reputation: 5685
Quote:
Originally Posted by elezah1288 View Post
ILLEGAL ALIENS DO PAY TAXES.

If they work for legit businesses they pay taxes. According to rhetoric they pay lots of taxes and they donít pay taxes. Depending who it benefits at the time. Sometimes they are paid under the table and that will no stop with amnesty. Some Americans are paid under the table for some jobs. If they are legalized they will pay LESS taxes because of earned tax breaks and income tax returns because they are law wage earners and pay very little in taxes if any. Plus their anchor babies receive more in benefits than they parent pay in taxes.

They are needed to pay social security for baby bombers? If they are legalizes who will pay their social security and social security for their anchor babies?

Legalized aliens will receive more in social security benefits then they ever could have paid into the system. And if they bring their elderly parents here, they will receive benefit and never had paid into the system.

No way is legalizing 20 million illegal aliens a win for america.
If they work for a business then they should have a workers visa and would pay taxes. They are not here illegally. The ones using stolen I.D's are here illegally and I agree, should not be rewarded with a pass to the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2010, 10:54 AM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,276,273 times
Reputation: 6260
Quote:
Originally Posted by elezah1288 View Post
ILLEGAL ALIENS DO PAY TAXES.

If they work for legit businesses they pay taxes. According to rhetoric they pay lots of taxes and they donít pay taxes. Depending who it benefits at the time. Sometimes they are paid under the table and that will no stop with amnesty. Some Americans are paid under the table for some jobs. If they are legalized they will pay LESS taxes because of earned tax breaks and income tax returns because they are law wage earners and pay very little in taxes if any. Plus their anchor babies receive more in benefits than they parent pay in taxes.

They are needed to pay social security for baby bombers? If they are legalizes who will pay their social security and social security for their anchor babies?

Legalized aliens will receive more in social security benefits then they ever could have paid into the system. And if they bring their elderly parents here, they will receive benefit and never had paid into the system.

No way is legalizing 20 million illegal aliens a win for america.
Can you prove this? Nobody ever comes up with hard numbers when making the argument illegals cost more than they are taxed. Also, your post suspiciously leaves out sales tax altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2010, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Can you prove this? Nobody ever comes up with hard numbers when making the argument illegals cost more than they are taxed. Also, your post suspiciously leaves out sales tax altogether.
If we consider only the costs incurred for the K-12 education of illegal alien children (avg. $7,000-$15,000 per year/child) common sense dictates they couldnít possibly pay their share. Add to that the benefits they receive through their U.S.-born children -- pre/postnatal care, WIC, welfare, and subsidized housing. They also receive tax-funded legal representation, incarceration, ER treatment, kidney dialysis, organ transplants, and multiple deportations. The list goes on, and the costs are staggering.

How can they NOT be a burden to taxpayers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2010, 12:46 PM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,276,273 times
Reputation: 6260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If we consider only the costs incurred for the K-12 education of illegal alien children (avg. $7,000-$15,000 per year/child) common sense dictates they couldnít possibly pay their share. Add to that the benefits they receive through their U.S.-born children -- pre/postnatal care, WIC, welfare, and subsidized housing. They also receive tax-funded legal representation, incarceration, ER treatment, kidney dialysis, organ transplants, and multiple deportations. The list goes on, and the costs are staggering.

How can they NOT be a burden to taxpayers?
That depends on how much sales tax they pay, how much property tax they pay, how much they contribute to payroll and what their children, many of whom are college educated gen-xers that are tax paying citizens contribute.

Furthermore, how much do illegals save us as consumers? Quite a bit.

The common sense argument may work for now, but eventually somebody is going to call you on it. Eventually, somebody is going to demand to see some real numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2010, 01:02 PM
 
10,543 posts, read 11,682,359 times
Reputation: 2797
They can donate to charity, but they are here illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2010, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
That depends on how much sales tax they pay, how much property tax they pay, how much they contribute to payroll and what their children, many of whom are college educated gen-xers that are tax paying citizens contribute.

Furthermore, how much do illegals save us as consumers? Quite a bit.

The common sense argument may work for now, but eventually somebody is going to call you on it. Eventually, somebody is going to demand to see some real numbers.
How can you prove this as fact? Are you saying an individual greedy enough to hire illegals to save on payroll is now generous enough to pass on those savings?
I know from my own experience building my house that the contractor who used illegals(who I fired) was no less expensive than the guy I replaced him with that used only legal laborers.
I am calling you on your argument. I want to see the numbers that prove illegals save the consumers money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2010, 03:37 PM
 
Location: Here
1,684 posts, read 1,427,464 times
Reputation: 1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by elezah1288 View Post
ILLEGAL ALIENS DO PAY TAXES.

If they work for legit businesses they pay taxes. According to rhetoric they pay lots of taxes and they donít pay taxes. Depending who it benefits at the time. Sometimes they are paid under the table and that will no stop with amnesty. Some Americans are paid under the table for some jobs. If they are legalized they will pay LESS taxes because of earned tax breaks and income tax returns because they are law wage earners and pay very little in taxes if any. Plus their anchor babies receive more in benefits than they parent pay in taxes.

They are needed to pay social security for baby bombers? If they are legalizes who will pay their social security and social security for their anchor babies?

Legalized aliens will receive more in social security benefits then they ever could have paid into the system. And if they bring their elderly parents here, they will receive benefit and never had paid into the system.

No way is legalizing 20 million illegal aliens a win for america.
I was watching the show CBS Sunday Morning the other day and they featured an illegal immigrant who enter the country at age 15 and is now well into his 20s. He has two college degrees and considers America his home. He was a nice, polite guy.

Well, for the first time I sort of got annoyed by a network's presentation of a serious national problem. There's a ton of lamebrains on this website who go on and on about Glen Beck or Rush Limbaugh or Keith Olbermann, and what they say. Well, now I'm almost one of these lamebrains. I got annoyed by CBS. See, if they are going to show a stellar example of what a typical illegal immigrant is like, well, if they're going to show some guy with two college degrees, they need to show a gun-toting guy who is sneaking over the border and selling drugs.

CBS also talked about how illegal immigrants do pay taxes. There's even a special form to fill out. But CBS didn't mention that overall, illegal immigrants cost the U.S. far more than what they make up in taxes. I guess the good news is even though CBS gave a one-sided presentation, I do know the reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top